Thread: Xbox series X

Xbox series X

Figured with E3 canceled news will probably start to trickle in. And rumors are pointing towards news coming in early may and June. Multiple places like IGN are even going to do their own digital show in place of E3 so news. So started a thread for the new xbox that is scheduled to come out this holiday season.

Here is an article about it.

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.games.../1100-6466640/

Here's the launch trailer

https://youtu.be/0tUqIHwHDEc

And hellblade 2 that was originally showed with it

https://youtu.be/7im9BFEHzEs

Some popular rumors right now is a small reveal in early may and a game show in June. Another one is that Microsoft going to release 2 consoles with the second one being made to play on HD screens instead of 4k to have a cheaper option that has the new bells and whistles.

Last popular rumor is that ubisoft might have something today including the new assassin creed game trailer.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

I just now finally got the One X this past Black Friday. Iím not sure Iíll be upgrading again anytime soon but Iíll pay attention to the news on this for what games they have at launch.

I wasnít too impressed with the supposed differences between the One and the One X. Despite it being called four times more powerful.

I can afford it but not sure I want to spend money so soon on another upgrade where Iím not sure if I can tell the difference. We will see though. If the 4k trailers look good enough it may get my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I just now finally got the One X this past Black Friday. I’m not sure I’ll be upgrading again anytime soon but I’ll pay attention to the news on this for what games they have at launch.

I wasn’t too impressed with the supposed differences between the One and the One X. Despite it being called four times more powerful.

I can afford it but not sure I want to spend money so soon on another upgrade where I’m not sure if I can tell the difference. We will see though. If the 4k trailers look good enough it may get my interest.
    It sounds like Microsoft is going to be supporting the 1 with their first party games for the first year or so. I'm guessing a lot of their first year will be games with a good multiplayer portion so supporting the older generation isn't so detrimental. Halo infinite is the only launch window game I know of but I'm guessing forza 8 will be there also since both haven't released games for awhile now.

I've noticed the difference between the one and one x only because my son got my one when I upgraded and helping him on his xbox and TV I realize how blurry it looks. I didn't think I would notice the difference that much but it was also going from a 4k TV to a 1080 TV so there's that to. And just how some of the games run was noticeable to. But was that difference worth it. Probably not. At least the new systems are finally upgrading the CPU

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    It sounds like Microsoft is going to be supporting the 1 with their first party games for the first year or so. I'm guessing a lot of their first year will be games with a good multiplayer portion so supporting the older generation isn't so detrimental. Halo infinite is the only launch window game I know of but I'm guessing forza 8 will be there also since both haven't released games for awhile now.

I've noticed the difference between the one and one x only because my son got my one when I upgraded and helping him on his xbox and TV I realize how blurry it looks. I didn't think I would notice the difference that much but it was also going from a 4k TV to a 1080 TV so there's that to. And just how some of the games run was noticeable to. But was that difference worth it. Probably not. At least the new systems are finally upgrading the CPU
    Iíll admit I also went from a one on a 1080 tv to a 4k tv with the one x at the same time.

I probably shouldíve noticed a huge difference but I didnít keep either of the former system or tv so I couldnít really compare side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I’ll admit I also went from a one on a 1080 tv to a 4k tv with the one x at the same time.

I probably should’ve noticed a huge difference but I didn’t keep either of the former system or tv so I couldn’t really compare side by side.
    Yeah seeing them close you can notice a difference and even gameplay for some games like ARK was noticable but it was more or less a bump to 4K which took most that extra power. I'm interested in setting how these new systems use the new features to push games further. Hopefully it isn't just bigger worlds because while I enjoyed the 2 newer assassin creed games they felt so large I ended up getting bored of them before I finished. Beautiful games though.

And the new assassin creed game world premiere trailer drops Thursday after they teased it with an 8 hour live stream of BossLogic creating a poster for it live. Incredibly talented but wasn't for me lol. But being Vikings will be interesting.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

The new assassin creed game first trailer (CGI)

https://youtu.be/L0Fr3cS3MtY

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Last edited by #87Birdman; 04-30-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/05/...uture-of-xbox/

Looks like the 7th is third party and their first party showing will be in July. They will have shows every month so hardware might be June.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

So inside xbox was marketed poorly but the show itself wasn't bad if you weren't expecting anything big or gameplay. It was essentially a bunch of "gameplay" trailers with dev interviews at the end. The flow of the show I think has improved from the early inside xbox episodes having news followed by trailers followed by interviews. The games showed off were smaller games with a couple bigger games mixed in. I think 13 or so games were shown off. I think i saw a tweet that these were overflow games that didn't make it into the other shows. So nothing to ground breaking. But a few games drew my interest and seeing some are day 1 gamepass is nice. But July looks to be the big E3 replacement show.

Here is a quick mash up trailer of all the games from the inside xbox show.

https://youtu.be/kA12_O7Li3I

Here is the actual show minus the dev interviews at the end.

https://youtu.be/XCTPu1aUsTE

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

July 23rd xbox is going to have their E3 replacement show. I'm guessing price and release date will not be there as the 2 companies will continue playing chicken.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Last edited by #87Birdman; 07-13-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

I have a very high end pc, looking forward to this one. I also have a flight stick and throttle just for this game and elite dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I have a very high end pc, looking forward to this one. I also have a flight stick and throttle just for this game and elite dangerous.
    Game looks amazing. Hopefully they make a real basic control scheme that works with controllers for when it comes to the xbox do I can cruise around. Mainly to see my house lol. Do think it is funny that it seems many people are using it to fly over north Korea. These games aren't really for me but the shots I've seen make me want to attempt it.

End of next month is going to be busy though. Flight sim, battle toads, tell me why chapter 1 and wasteland 3 all hit.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Game looks amazing. Hopefully they make a real basic control scheme that works with controllers for when it comes to the xbox do I can cruise around. Mainly to see my house lol. Do think it is funny that it seems many people are using it to fly over north Korea. These games aren't really for me but the shots I've seen make me want to attempt it.

End of next month is going to be busy though. Flight sim, battle toads, tell me why chapter 1 and wasteland 3 all hit.
    Yea I fully intend on making the trip from Aspen to Wichita to fly over my house in Derby. It's totally happening.