Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    He signed with Dallas.

And you never specified positive or negative CP for a year. What a ride this is gonna be
    Lol

The pats are down to the kid, cam or call a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I'm thinking BB is not gonna sign Cam. Cam makes way to many mistakes for BB. I think he'd rather have Stidham or Hoyer on the field.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I'm thinking BB is not gonna sign Cam. Cam makes way to many mistakes for BB. I think he'd rather have Stidham or Hoyer on the field.
    There is some speculation that Belichick's decision not to upgrade the QB position through the draft or free agency is based on either Stidham succeeds, or they do poorly enough to trade up in the 2021 draft for Trevor Lawrence, in the event he declares. Stidham regressed in 2018 and it doesn't seem the result of a coaching change, since I don't think there was one.

He only made one appearance in 2019 when he came in to protect a 30-7 lead over the Jets in week 3. He was 2 of 4 with a pick six. Brady returned to the game and Stidham wasn't seen again in 2019, in spite of winning six other games by large enough margins to rest Brady. It will be interesting to see if NE signs a QB this year, or stick with Stidham and Hoyer.

Newton is the only FA available who seems he might be a starter. He doesn't seem to be a Belichick kind of guy, but neither did Corey Dillon or Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson. Julian Edelman was a QB in college. Maybe he should be Belichick's QB. He could be New England's answer to Lamar Jackson.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I think Belichick is willing to give Stidham a year to show what he has. The Patriots are very lacking on offense and their cap situation is a bit of a mess, with only $1.7 million in cap space and $26+ million in dead cap.

I think they ride it out and let him prove himself, worst case scenario is they finish awful enough to get a really high pick, and they've got the second most cap space (over $110 million) coming up in 2021. Players, especially defensive players, will still line up to play for Belichick. So if they get the high picks they can use them building the offense up with youth while signing veterans to play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    There is some speculation that Belichick's decision not to upgrade the QB position through the draft or free agency is based on either Stidham succeeds, or they do poorly enough to trade up in the 2021 draft for Trevor Lawrence, in the event he declares. Stidham regressed in 2018 and it doesn't seem the result of a coaching change, since I don't think there was one.

He only made one appearance in 2019 when he came in to protect a 30-7 lead over the Jets in week 3. He was 2 of 4 with a pick six. Brady returned to the game and Stidham wasn't seen again in 2019, in spite of winning six other games by large enough margins to rest Brady. It will be interesting to see if NE signs a QB this year, or stick with Stidham and Hoyer.

Newton is the only FA available who seems he might be a starter. He doesn't seem to be a Belichick kind of guy, but neither did Corey Dillon or Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson. Julian Edelman was a QB in college. Maybe he should be Belichick's QB. He could be New England's answer to Lamar Jackson.
    I didn't see your reply before I posted mine, your first paragraph is pretty much what I think.

Dak may hold out and Dalton start for cowboys?

It looks to me like BB is ok with Stidham, and I agree with anyone who might not see Cam as a fit. I thought BB would pick up one of the vets, along with Hoyer. So this could be an off year for The Pats, though you never know with them. I think they have lost some of their mojo, but do you bet against BB?

Quote Originally Posted by welderhead View Post
    Dak may hold out and Dalton start for cowboys?
    If Dad was smart he would sign his franchise tag immediately. The Cowboys can revoke it at any time (before it's signed) and he'd end up in a situation with very few teams needing starters, and even worse those teams not having a lot of money to give him.

He bet on himself and tried to win big, but the Cowboys just pulled an ace from the deck.

It looks to me like BB is ok with Stidham, and I agree with anyone who might not see Cam as a fit. I thought BB would pick up one of the vets, along with Hoyer. So this could be an off year for The Pats, though you never know with them. I think they have lost some of their mojo, but do you bet against BB?

I don't think any of the vets were true difference makers. Obviously Brady and Brees have been, but neither was a realistic option for New England, so If he signs one of the others, they might come in and get stuck in the 7-9 to 9-7 range, just good enough to miss out on the high picks, just bad enough to miss the playoffs.

Roll the dice, if it doesn't work out, try again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If Dad was smart he would sign his franchise tag immediately. The Cowboys can revoke it at any time (before it's signed) and he'd end up in a situation with very few teams needing starters, and even worse those teams not having a lot of money to give him.

He bet on himself and tried to win big, but the Cowboys just pulled an ace from the deck.
    I still think Dak holds the cards. If the Cowboys did pull the offer, I don't believe Dak would last more than a couple days before someone signed him to a longer term deal to secure him and made adjustments to the roster to afford him. Not sure who that would be but some teams that come to mind New England, The Faiders, Jets, Jaguars, Redskins.

I personally think the Boys will be a better team offensively if Dalton is their QB. He is not the same runner but he is far superior to Dak at the passing side of things in terms of reading the defense and delivering the ball accurately and on time.

Considering what I have herd about Dak's contract demands at this point if I was the Boys I would withdraw the franchise tag.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I still think Dak holds the cards. If the Cowboys did pull the offer, I don't believe Dak would last more than a couple days before someone signed him to a longer term deal to secure him and made adjustments to the roster to afford him. Not sure who that would be but some teams that come to mind New England, The Faiders, Jets, Jaguars, Redskins.
    I don't see Dak as a franchise QB. He's a good QB, but I think he's a QB you win with, not because of. And the fact that he's trying to get $35+ million per season makes it ridiculous. In my opinion, just because someone else will rush to give Dak a contract they will regret doesn't mean the Cowboys should.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I personally think the Boys will be a better team offensively if Dalton is their QB. He is not the same runner but he is far superior to Dak at the passing side of things in terms of reading the defense and delivering the ball accurately and on time.

Considering what I have herd about Dak's contract demands at this point if I was the Boys I would withdraw the franchise tag.
    Fully agree. Even if people want to argue that Prescott is the better QB, is he $24 million better than Dalton? Cause one will cost $7 million if he reaches all his bonuses, and the other will cost $31 million on the franchise tag.

Right now the Cowboys are at a crossroad, they have to decide whether to give a decent QB, franchise QB money. And that will probably set the franchise back 2-3 years, even if he's excellent, because you then have to let go of some other parts.

I don't see Dak as a franchise QB. He's a good QB, but I think he's a QB you win with, not because of. And the fact that he's trying to get $35+ million per season makes it ridiculous. In my opinion, just because someone else will rush to give Dak a contract they will regret doesn't mean the Cowboys should.
    I totally agree with all of that. I wouldn't give it to him. But if they rescind it, I thoroughly believe somebody else will. Ironically, that might work out the best for both parties.