Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Can't say I'm surprised. I think Elway knows that deep down Bolles is not the answer and a poor first round pick.

Unless Elijah Wilkinson is 100% better on the left than he was on the right, Garrett Bolles will start at LT, if we have football this year. If we do, Garrett will probably be playing for an extension which could end up being more/less/same as the 5th year option. Wake up and smell the coffee, Garrett. Time to step up. An UFA T could still be signed, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

There is absolutely no reason to pick up his option. If he knocks it out of the park this year and makes a complete turnaround then we can still negotiate or franchise tag if needed. But, I'm assuming that he will still have a holding problem and we'll be looking for a new starting LT next year

Here's praying that Ja'Wuan James is healthy this season, if there is one.

If we are looking ahead to next year's FA class, a potential reunion with Munchak and Alejandro Villanueva seems like a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    If we are looking ahead to next year's FA class, a potential reunion with Munchak and Alejandro Villanueva seems like a good fit.
    Even though he will be 32 when he becomes an UFA next year, he will only have played six years by then. He would be more comparable to a 28 year old player due to his four years of US Army service plus one year on PS. It could happen.

Now that I’ve learned that the option is still under the old rules, it might have been a good idea to pick up the option. At least it wouldn’t have been an entirely bad idea.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

"In all, 34 of his career flags (73.9 percent) have been for holding." Jeff Legwold

Bolles should feel lucky his fourth year was exercised.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    "In all, 34 of his career flags (73.9 percent) have been for holding." Jeff Legwold

Bolles should feel lucky his fourth year was exercised.
    Yikes.

One hold, One Sack Against in the last 5 weeks. Declining the 5th probably helps him be traded as well, as it's an expiring contract now, so a team can give him a shot without that extra year tacked on. Makes Bolles a low risk, low value second chance/change of scenery option if nothing else.

Play well earn extension, Dont Play well adios.

I think he will play a lot better this year with Lock and all of our weapons. The faster the ball can come out, the better the OL will look. If he plays well, maybe he takes a home town discount and we can keep him(IF HE PLAYS WELL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotst View Post
    I think he will play a lot better this year with Lock and all of our weapons. The faster the ball can come out, the better the OL will look. If he plays well, maybe he takes a home town discount and we can keep him(IF HE PLAYS WELL)
    Why would he “take a hometown discount”?

Broncos just set the tone of another negotiation. He plays poorly and it doesn’t matter, just screws up the season. He plays well with a chip on his shoulder he is likely gone in free agency for more then $11m per.

Going to be interesting to see Elway work this problem for next year. Bolles to free agency, Wilkinson and Rodgers are marginal players that are also free agents. Add they need James to prove he can meet the expectations of his salary.

So to fix the problem the Broncos will need to draft a rookie and expect him to start or pay a free agent starter money at $10-15m per anyway.

Tough problem that certainly didn’t get any easier with this decision. Hope Elway has a plan in mind. Because the logic of this one is lacking.

Puzzling they didn’t draft a OT if they knew they were going to decline Bolles’ option. OT position is starting to feel like the QB fiascos in recent years .
    Last edited by FR Tim; 05-01-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Still in Illinois. The gun laws and taxes are about to make me move though.
    That’d be a hard one. Why’d you leave TX so soon, beer crafting?

Call me crazy However I think Bolles will actually have an outstanding year. I am calling this year that Bolles will have a Pro-Bowl type of year and he will actually go to the Pro Bowl and Denver makes it into The Playoffs Possibilities of even a Super Bowl Run.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Unless Elijah Wilkinson is 100% better on the left than he was on the right, Garrett Bolles will start at LT, if we have football this year. If we do, Garrett will probably be playing for an extension which could end up being more/less/same as the 5th year option. Wake up and smell the coffee, Garrett. Time to step up. An UFA T could still be signed, too.
    Seems that Elway is kicking the ball into next year for OT's, although one of the UFA OT's nobody has gone after yet is a possibility.

Holding his breath hoping James will play, Bolles will be adequate, and they will reevaluate next offseason, throw money at FA OT's or draft one. Over the years I haven't seen many great FA LT's that are available.

Elway said after the draft that none of the second round OT's "could beat out our current OT's", and Trent Williams was too expensive in draft compensation. We'll see how it plays out.