Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    MHR article:

PFF named Garett Bolles the Broncos most underrated player

Despite what the film says, Pro Football Focus is unrelenting in their support for Garett Bolles.

I'm a big fan of MHR and go there pretty much every day because their authors do very good work. But their authors also really hate Garett Bolles. This is just another in the long line of articles they've written this offseason where they try to stir up the fanbase (they get a lot of comments on GB articles) and keep on beating the same dead horse.

It seems to me that underperforming Left Tackles make the
    change to Right Tackle then Guard if necessary.

Does anyone know if Bolles was ever given a shot at RT?

I can see him having success at RT.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post

I wonder if he could HOLD up better on the right side.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Garrett Bolles' problems with penalties are the result of poor hand technique. I'm inclined to doubt if just moving him to the right will chance that.

P.S. *change

Considering all the “holding” jokes and abuse Bolles gets it is amazing how much of a pass James is getting.

He is among the highest paid RTs in the league and has now been called out by two coaching staffs for his apparent lack of willingness to play. Almost unimaginable condemnation of a player’s heart. I can’t remember another example as bad in sports.

Bolles deserves and has earned most of the criticisms. I just don’t think as much as some keep piling on is justified. And his positives continue to be either dismissed or downplayed. As of today, I trust him more the James until proven otherwise.

Broncos uncertainly at OT (starters and depth) is the weakest link of the team IMO. Which makes the lack of activity in fixing it even more puzzling. I try to have confidence there is a “plan” behind the scenes and trust the coaches but they make it hard at times.

Hoping both starters excel this season. But they BOTH have it to prove on the field!

Why wouldn’t defenses put there best pass rusher on their left in order to take advantage of Bolles?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Considering all the “holding” jokes and abuse Bolles gets it is amazing how much of a pass James is getting.

He is among the highest paid RTs in the league and has now been called out by two coaching staffs for his apparent lack of willingness to play. Almost unimaginable condemnation of a player’s heart. I can’t remember another example as bad in sports.

Bolles deserves and has earned most of the criticisms. I just don’t think as much as some keep piling on is justified. And his positives continue to be either dismissed or downplayed. As of today, I trust him more the James until proven otherwise.

Broncos uncertainly at OT (starters and depth) is the weakest link of the team IMO. Which makes the lack of activity in fixing it even more puzzling. I try to have confidence there is a “plan” behind the scenes and trust the coaches but they make it hard at times.

Hoping both starters excel this season. But they BOTH have it to prove on the field!
    James tore some ligaments in his knee and re-tore them, the scar tissue and his meniscus when he came back. He said the whole second quarter of the game he came back for his knee was buckling on him. The medical staff felt he could play and be fine with a brace but he didn’t feel like it would heal properly if he did. You can consider a question of heart but he has to think long term. Good news we won’t be playing on a baseball field to start this season

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    James tore some ligaments in his knee and re-tore them, the scar tissue and his meniscus when he came back. He said the whole second quarter of the game he came back for his knee was buckling on him. The medical staff felt he could play and be fine with a brace but he didn’t feel like it would heal properly if he did. You can consider a question of heart but he has to think long term. Good news we won’t be playing on a baseball field to start this season
    Does not matter what I consider a “question of heart”. I’m an idiot fan!

What does matter is both Miami and Denver coaches made similar comments reflecting that opinion. Something almost unheard of in professional sports.

As I stated, I want him on the field playing. And playing at a level that justifies his contract and presumed leadership role at RT that it signifies.

Does not matter what I consider a “question of heart”. I’m an idiot fan!

What does matter is both Miami and Denver coaches made similar comments reflecting that opinion. Something almost unheard of in professional sports.

As I stated, I want him on the field playing. And playing at a level that justifies his contract and presumed leadership role at RT that it signifies.
    Chris Kuper was on that staff in Miami and was here when we signed him. I don’t think the entire Dolphins staff felt that way or Kuper probably would’ve said something against signing him. Fangio said what he said but he’s only going off the information the medical staff is giving him and they felt that he could play with torn ligaments in his knee and maybe he could have but what if it significantly hindered his performance for the rest of his contract? And for as many accolades as Greek has received, the medical staff has cleared many players to play through injuries.

During the 2019 season I could not bring up the poor play (or lack of playing) of another player on the OL without multiple posters just unable to resist the opportunity to express their hate for Bolles. The hate for Bolles goes beyond reason on these boards and apparently in other Bronco news sources.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I understand a player "think long term" when they are in a contract year or in a rookie contract trying to get paid. Doing this after just signing what was a HUGE OT contract....hmm not sure if I understand that.

Over the years we have seen "heart" from a lot of OL players. Some playing the same weekend in the week they got surgery performed.

It was clear to me James does not have the same level of heart as other OL least from what I saw in 2019.

Maybe he goes on to show something different...from 2019...I think giving him huge money was a huge mistake.

can we agree this was johns worst DRAFT mistake as a GM?

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    can we agree this was johns worst DRAFT mistake as a GM?
    Worse than Paxton Lynch and Shane Ray? Bolles is not even the worst first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Worse than Paxton Lynch and Shane Ray? Bolles is not even the worst first round pick.
    Paxton Lynch by far takes the cookie on this one. Dude was play GTA when he was supposed to be studying to save his job.