Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    In other words, give up if you're the Broncos...

Chiefs are a good team but they can be beaten. Mahomes was nothing special in the Super Bowl and looked bad for 3 quarters. I think the Ravens will beat them.
    You mean the Ravens that were the best all year and then choked their first game in the playoffs? Those Ravens? It seems like I have seen that story before. Oh yeah! Reminds me of all those Chiefs teams that were the best and then choked their first game in the playoffs. Yeah...they never went anywhere until Mahomes. So yeah...I don't believe in the Ravens.

Mahomes is clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I think the interesting thing to watch will be with keeping the band together. Mahomes is a beast, but will they be able to pay everyone over the next couple years or do they find new "Cheaper" talent as they try to keep the ride alive?? He still needs weapons no matter how good he plays.
    They will obviously have to part with someone eventually...but they have shown that they are pretty good drafting weapons for Mahomes. To be sure, they are not going to win the Super Bowl every year but, as long as they can keep Mahomes and keep him healthy, they should at least be in the playoffs with a shot at it every year.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    They will obviously have to part with someone eventually...but they have shown that they are pretty good drafting weapons for Mahomes. To be sure, they are not going to win the Super Bowl every year but, as long as they can keep Mahomes and keep him healthy, they should at least be in the playoffs with a shot at it every year.
    Agreed...... We have been through a few years like that with Elway and the luck of getting Manning for a few years. Not sure what is harder, getting close numerous years in a row or having a couple good year/ couple avg. years/ and a couple good years......

The "experts" think the Broncos could be in the playoffs this year. It all depends on Lock. What is he going to be?
    That's the million-dollar question for every player on every team,
    but more so for QB.

In 2018, SF finished 4-12 without Garoppolo (IR Wk 3).
    In 2019, SF finished 13-3* with Garoppolo.
    *SB appearance

Teams like SF and KC are recent examples where solid-QB
    play can turn a turd team into a curd team.

In 2019, Den's record without Lock was 3-8
    In 2019, Den's record with Lock was 4-1.

I wouldn't be surprised if Denver with Lock finished 11-5.
    However, our D isn't what it used to be, but there's always HOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    but more so for QB.

*SB appearance

Oh dude this defense is going to be far better in 2020 than in 2019. CHJ wasn’t such a huge loss IMO and we’re coming with a strong safety tandem not to mention Bradley Chubb coming back.

On offense, the opposition can’t drop two safety’s down in the box if Hamler and Jeudy are on the field opposite Sutton.

No longer can they double Sutton and if they do attempt over the top safety help, we have Gordon coming out of the back field. This is going to be a menacing game of chess for opposing coordinators this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Oh dude this defense is going to be far better in 2020 than in 2019. CHJ wasn’t such a huge loss IMO and we’re coming with a strong safety tandem not to mention Bradley Chubb coming back.

On offense, the opposition can’t drop two safety’s down in the box if Hamler and Jeudy are on the field opposite Sutton.

No longer can they double Sutton and if they do attempt over the top safety help, we have Gordon coming out of the back field. This is going to be a menacing game of chess for opposing coordinators this season.
    I hope so.
    I'm looking forward to Harris' replacement in Callahan.
    Ojemudia seems capable of outside duties when Callahan plays slot CB.

Todd Davis continues to underwhelm, and he might be the D's weakest link.

Denver's O (on paper at least) seems like a nightmare for any D.
    However, the OC and players have yet to execute the playbook effectively and consistently.

2020 can be our year again,
    but I think 2021 sees Denver back in the Super Bowl.

1. Cheifs
    2. Ravens
    3. Titans
    4. Denver
    5. Colts
    6. Bills

I hope so.
    I'm looking forward to Harris' replacement in Callahan.
    Ojemudia seems capable of outside duties when Callahan plays slot CB.

Todd Davis continues to underwhelm, and he might be the D's weakest link.

Denver's O (on paper at least) seems like a nightmare for any D.
    However, the OC and players have yet to execute the playbook effectively and consistently.

2020 can be our year again,
    but I think 2021 sees Denver back in the Super Bowl.

1. Cheifs
    2. Ravens
    3. Titans
    4. Denver
    5. Colts
    6. Bills
    Sutton made a huge jump from year one to year two. Hopefully Noah Fant can make that same leap!

Add in the fact that we have Melvin Gordon catching out of the backfield with solid pieces like Troy Fumagali and Andrew Beck, we should have enough fire power on offense this season to compete with the best while Jeudy, Hamler, Okwebunem grow!

but more so for QB.

*SB appearance

I have to disagree that KC is a recent example where solid-QB play turned a "turd" team into a curd team. (what is a curd team?) I'm assuming you mean good team.

Before Mahomes came along...KC was not a "turd" team. They were consistently making the playoffs. Alex Smith was a decent QB that kept them in the game. Mahomes just pushed them over the top.

I have to disagree that KC is a recent example where solid-QB play turned a "turd" team into a curd team. (what is a curd team?) I'm assuming you mean good team.

Before Mahomes came along...KC was not a "turd" team. They were consistently making the playoffs. Alex Smith was a decent QB that kept them in the game. Mahomes just pushed them over the top.
    In Smiths defense, at the time he didn’t have much for wide receivers.

KC is now the cream of the crop (curd), before not so much.

I think we can agree that KC is a different team with Mahomes than without.

Enjoy the win because new season = new champs, unless KC repeats like DEN.
    (It's possible)

KC is now the cream of the crop (curd), before not so much.

I think we can agree that KC is a different team with Mahomes than without.

Enjoy the win because new season = new champs, unless KC repeats like DEN.
    (It's possible)
    The difference will be Fangios defense!

IMO it is tougher to put together a stout defense than it is an offense.

Remember the offense know what play they are going to run, the defense doesn’t.
    You get a group together that can read and react on a high level and you’ve got something special.

Add in a guru like Fangio and sky is the limit!

Key is too score points on offense and allow your defense to do their part!

KCs will have their hands full with our offense.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-18-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The difference will be Fangios defense!

IMO it is tougher to put together a stout defense than it is an offense.

Remember the offense know what play they are going to run, the defense doesn’t.
    You get a group together that can read and react on a high level and you’ve got something special.

Add in a guru like Fangio and sky is the limit!

Key is too score points on offense and allow your defense to do their part!

KCs will have their hands full with our offense.
    Maybe...but I bet they can handle it. KC's defense is not the pushover they were in 2018 into the beginning of 2019. They finished strong and I believe they are only going to get stronger.
    Last edited by obi-groo; 05-28-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Maybe...but I bet they can handle it. KC's defense in not the pushover they were in 2018 into the beginning of 2019. They finished strong and I believe they are only going to get stronger.
    Not sure how much stronger they'll become. Jones is a beast and Clark will still be solid but you have to wonder when the decline hits. Okafor was not much of a threat and is projected to start over Clark. The Safeties are great but what about corner? Lost Fuller and Breeland will be missing some time. Who else is there? Ward and Fenton could play out well. Now, the LB's...... Gay could turn out to be good but that's about it........

Keep mahomes off the field and score everytime you have the ball. You can't count mahomes not to

Maybe...but I bet they can handle it. KC's defense in not the pushover they were in 2018 into the beginning of 2019. They finished strong and I believe they are only going to get stronger.
    This year they may be strong I don't think they get Jones on a long term deal. Weather you like it or not Jones will probably get a donald like deal with inflation I bet his salary starts at a aaron donald like contract