Happy Anniversary Denver

In this day in history, the city and franchise changed forever.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/s...s-media-frenzy
    Last edited by Bronco51; 05-02-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Cheers to that!!

John Elway will always be the franchise when you think of the Denver Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    John Elway will always be the franchise when you think of the Denver Broncos.
    A player / GM success story, is quite amazing! SBs from both positions. Of course, one of the best QBs to ever play the game. And though not quite as successful in the last few years, arguably the best GM in his first five...and I believe, ready to make the same case going forward!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    In this day in history, the city and franchise changed forever.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/s...s-media-frenzy
    I believe it changed twice on May 2nd exactly 16 years apart. May 2nd 1983, they trade for John Elway. May 2nd 1999, John Elway announces his retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I believe it changed twice on May 2nd exactly 16 years apart. May 2nd 1983, they trade for John Elway. May 2nd 1999, John Elway announces his retirement.
    Maybe just maybe, another notable date (relative to the same topic) is January 5th, 2011, when John Elway became GM and Executive Vice President of football operations. I will be the first to admit I have been a bit disappointed in that losing stretch, but if this team lives up to the potential I believe it now has, John may end up with his 2nd Championship as an Exec, which means he has led us to The Dance at least 3 times!! So yes, though I am very happy he has got us there twice in that capacity, if he is in charge for another run, maybe even a crown (or two), his legacy as a player and an Exec, will be among the greatest!

Nice........
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Similar article. Good news gets around!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ll-looms-large

I remember him putting his announcement off until that day because of the Columbine tragedy earlier.

Since that fateful day 37 years ago:

DEN: 7 SB Appearances (3 Wins)

BAL/IND: 2 SB Appearances (1 Win), a move, and PM finishing (and winning!) in DEN

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I remember him putting his announcement off until that day because of the Columbine tragedy earlier.
    Yep. Also, the immediate rumblings (i.e. week after SB XXXIII) were that he was coming back- though probably just a smokescreen from his confidants to buy some time. As it worked out, epic end (arguably best ever) to a tremendous playing career...

Happy Anniversary Elway. The Broncos on the other hand (and the AFL) were founded August 14th, 1959.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Technically, in my opinion, the FIRST TIME "the city and franchise changed forever" happened on January 1st, 1978 in Mile High Stadium when the Broncos beat the defending NFL Champion Oakland Raiders, 20-17, to play in their first Super Bowl in franchise history.

In 1977 I lived in Denver and worked in the heart of downtown and it was unbelievably exciting to witness the euphoria that took place leading up to Super Bowl 12. Incredible!

No, we didn't win and the odds of beating the Dallas Cowboys were heavily against us but we got there and we had an opportunity.