NHL Draft Consideration?

The league is inviting discussion on having a June draft, even though the season never ended...and could possibly be revived at some point this summer. Maybe just the playoffs.

This would be interesting, because a draft may not represent final outcome. A team might benefit or lose out, given their positioning may change if the season is renewed.

I get it in some ways, because it comes down to timing and how much you can do, within a limited timeframe.

The NFL benefitted by ending the season before the virus, and had a decent window of opportunity to continue its offseason, even with some issues to deal with. Made perfect sense to go forward, and make the most of the situation! In my opinion, other than a few concerns, it was the very wise thing to do. Drafted players know their teams, and once training is allowed together, they know exactly what's ahead. Few bumps in the road, other than some medical backsteps, and less face to face time.

As for The NHL, I suggest that my city hosts many of the games. The virus has not been as bad here as in many other locations, plus it's such a dull city (haha....I don't see it that way) that players will not get into trouble!! I know, not enough big time hotels, but we can make it happen. Why not a little B&B?

Come to the 'Peg!!!

(just over an hour north)

(not far east!)

(a little northwest!!)
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-04-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    The league is inviting discussion on having a June draft, even though the season never ended...and could possibly be revived at some point this summer. Maybe just the playoffs.

This would be interesting, because a draft may not represent final outcome. A team might benefit or lose out, given their positioning may change if the season is renewed.

I get it in some ways, because it comes down to timing and how much you can do, within a limited timeframe.

The NFL benefitted by ending the season before the virus, and had a decent window of opportunity to continue its offseason, even with some issues to deal with. Made perfect sense to go forward, and make the most of the situation! In my opinion, other than a few concerns, it was the very wise thing to do. Drafted players know their teams, and once training is allowed together, they know exactly what's ahead. Few bumps in the road, other than some medical backsteps, and less face to face time.

As for The NHL, I suggest that my city hosts many of the games. The virus has not been as bad here as in many other locations, plus it's such a dull city (haha....I don't see it that way) that players will not get into trouble!! I know, not enough big time hotels, but we can make it happen. Why not a little B&B?

Come to the 'Peg!!!

(just over an hour north)

(not far east!)

(a little northwest!!)
    If sonic love to get up there! Stupid virus. They're talking about opening up hockey for my team in June. I cant wait to watch NHL after my games, in a summer patio w a margarita in hand

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    If sonic love to get up there! Stupid virus. They're talking about opening up hockey for my team in June. I cant wait to watch NHL after my games, in a summer patio w a margarita in hand
    Cheers to that my friend!!

Hey, maybe home team fake PA sound of fans, why not pretend fans in the building?! After all, lots of us northern dudes are half frozen when we get to our seats anyway!!

mind you, after one beer...