Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should We Go After Logan Ryan?

Would make a great addition. Should we go after him? There was talk of us targeting him in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    Would make a great addition. Should we go after him? There was talk of us targeting him in free agency.
    He made it clear on his Twitter that he’s done with Tennessee. I’m not sure if he’d be the best Corner in Denver’s CB room but he’d certainly fit in well however I’m just wondering what is it that John Elway knows that we don’t know.

Why hasn’t John already pursued him? Too much faith in Bausby, Dawson Yiadom, Ojmudia, and Callahan perhaps!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-06-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    He made it clear on his Twitter that he’s done with Tennessee. I’m not sure if he’d be the best Corner in Denver’s CB room but he’d certainly fit in well however I’m just wondering what is it that John Elway knows that we don’t know.

Why hasn’t John already pursued him? Too much faith in Bausby, Dawson Yiadom, Ojmudia, and Callahan perhaps!
    Could be the price.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpg2020 HOFER!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Likely a money issue. Broncos are limited in what they have and they have to be selective on who they spend it on.

Broncos after paying rookies and top 51 have $7.7M left. They can squeeze a few million more with the expected Heuerman cut and the final cuts before the season.

Broncos still have several speculated roster needs in OT, CB, LB, or ????

How do they spend it? On one or two players? Several bargain players? Go with who they have and save cap for an emergency?

Ryan is probably one of several players they are keeping an eye on. If the his salary drops enough ($9M last season) later in the summer they might make a move on him or others.

I would be thrilled to see Ryan or similar talent added. I'll hope for the best . But I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not familiar with Ryan (or the Broncos' Callahan for that matter) but I saw Bausby contributing before the injury. A strong secondary and Denver is poised for a fun season so I'm OK with looking at someone falling through a crack.

He was the pic six that officially ended Brady’s last play as a patriot... so he’s all good in my books!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I thought I remember reading something that he will not accept any offer under $10 million per season. I would imagine it’s just a money problem at this point. He would definitely be a solid addition and a perfect “stop gap” for Ojemudia to develop in Fangios system. Maybe as time goes he will be more inclined to accept a lower deal

I like Logan Ryan and think he would be great on the Broncos defense but... it does sound like he wants too much money. He is probably not a salary fit for the Broncos at this point. Maybe things will change? There is news that the Jets/Lions may be interested.

...........Yes

While I would love to add him, If we 10+ million to add a player, I think we have other needs that should take priority.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Logan Ryan would be a great addition however it sounds like he wants too much money 9+ million.

There is only so much cap space left to sign Simmons, give Lindsay a new contract and maybe sign a Corner and a T.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    There is only so much cap space left to sign Simmons, give Lindsay a new contract and maybe sign a Corner and a T.
    Resigning Simmons would probably help the cap because the first year value should be less than the franchise tag

Starting to see reports that he may be heading to the Jets. Nothing conclusive yet.

Interested to see what he ( and Amukamura ) end up agreeing to. Their deals start setting the contracts for the next wave of unsigned free agents.

Elway still needs to find a couple of unsuspected “deals” IMO.

He's still available. I'd love to cut Heuerman and sign either Ryan or Peters.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT