Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I dont like the idea of us going to KC late in the season. We went there last year late . It should have been flipped this year imo. Oh well I'm just glad we have some positive signs leading to a season .

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    We'll see what happens? Hopefully 7 or 8 wins?
    If we are good maybe 9 wins?????
    this seems rather pessimistic no?

we did win 7 games last year & could easily been 9 (4-1) to finish with lock & one would believe we improved in the off season a good bit.

i can see between 10-6 & 12-4

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

we did win 7 games last year & could easily been 9 (4-1) to finish with lock & one would believe we improved in the off season a good bit.

Thats kinda my thinking. We got better everywhere.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Wk 1 v Titans (MNF) W
    Wk 2 @ Steelers L
    Wk 3 v Buccs L
    Wk 4 @ Jets (TNF) W
    Wk 5 @ Pats W
    Wk 6 v Dolphins W
    Wk 7 v Chiefs L
    Wk 8 BYE
    Wk 9 @ Falcons W
    Wk 10 @ Raiders L
    Wk 11 v Chargers W
    Wk 12 v Saints L
    Wk 13 @ Chiefs (SNF) W
    Wk 14 @ Panthers W
    Wk 15 v Bills W
    Wk 16 @ Chargers W
    Wk 17 v Raiders W

10-6 I think
    I think you think 11-5...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    I think you think 11-5...
    I still say 10-6...I think we lose one to the raiders or a weird one against the Bills

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

I can see exactly that; 11-5. Hopefully.the losses come at a "good" time, to keep the team and expectations grounded, and the team flying a bit below the radar.

Of course, 11-5 is hardly tempering expectations

It looks like a great schedule to me. But I'm easy. (and more then a little selfish I suppose).. I just want to see the Broncos and the NFL play games.

Love that MNF opener. A test to the rush defense and a solid team to unleash the revamped offense against. Winnable game IMO.

But overall the AFC East and NFC South includes some great match ups. The outlier Steelers will be another test of a potential Wild Card team trying to gain advantage over the Broncos.

Broncos are in that "middle of the pack" of the NFL along with about half the league. Capable of going 8-8. The differences lie in injuries, team chemistry and some breaks (good and bad) throughout the season. Broncos last year were trying to scratch their way into the middle of the pack and lost 2-3 games that good teams win. Still going an impressive 7-9 despite the end of game collapses and QB turmoil.

This year (at least on paper) the team looks to be a solid "middle of the pack " team. IMO they are able to get those extra 2-3 games to go their way. The schedule plays to a positive scenario. Getting some opportunities to beat several other teams competing for those Wild Card spots. Broncos are going to need .500 in the AFC West but they need to earn it on the field by racking up wins outside of Division and Conference.

This schedule looks good for that if they can be as good in games as they seem to be on paper and in my mind.. Lol

Go Broncos! And Go USA and the World. Let's hope we have a season after a summer of health and business recovery!

the thing about last year being 7-9 was how crushing that 0-4 start was & those heartbreaking losses to the bears & jags.

what would have changed though may have altered the landscape of things...maybe flacco stays in & lock doesn't get playing time...maybe we do get to 9-7 which was outside wildcard range...also our draft position may have changed based on all this.

guess what i'm getting at is maybe some pain & tough defeats actually set this team up for success moving forward

As with every season there are teams that will probably not be as good as they were and some that will be worse than the season before. IMO, This schedule has several teams that are hard to predict how good/bad they will be... Patriots? Titans? Steelers? Bucs? even Chargers are hard to say, I think they will have a good defense but their offense is hard to predict; I think they will not be very good. I think most likely the AFC East will have 3 teams that are not very good but this year it will be the Bills who win the division? The NFC south have the Saints that should be fairly good but Brees is getting up there in age, the other 3 are hard to predict.
    I am optimistic that the Broncos will be at least a 10-6 and probably make the playoffs but even the Broncos are hard to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    Agreed.Now what 80s/90s Us Sitcom is the tune from?Name escapes me.Was it the one with John Stamos and the Olsen twins?
    I think it was the one with Steven "Did I do that?" Urkel

Wow the second half of our schedule is almost entirely AFCW.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    I think it was the one with Steven "Did I do that?" Urkel
    That one is Family Matters. The song from the Broncos post was from Full house.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    With or without orange and blue glasses, one has to wonder why they would give the Broncos MNF to open the season, especially at home.

I guess its a good sign that even the league believes in Drew Lock.
    It's starting to feel like the Broncos in the late MNF game to start the season is as locked in as Detroit and Dallas playing on Thanksgiving. Third time in four years I believe.

Casey gets his game against the Titans right off the bat!

We get to see Brady vs Lock, Big Ben vs Lock, Brees vs Lock, Ryan vs Lock and Mahomes vs Lock x2!

Will be fun to see what our offense can put together and what our defense can do to stop these teams!

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I dont like the idea of us going to KC late in the season. We went there last year late . It should have been flipped this year imo. Oh well I'm just glad we have some positive signs leading to a season .
    Vic has some interesting takes on the schedule. I think he is right...it is more about our team's situation and their team's situation at that moment in time more than anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wVUc3WlW54