Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Do you mean overall roster? Because I am quite sure he has better O weapons.

But sure, we can beat those guys. O moves the ball. D pressures TB.
    Agree to disagree until proven otherwise. I know people like to think Brady is immortal and will never fall off but truth is he was very flawed last year despite the excuses about weapons. It’ll be the same excuses next year when he falls flat with so called better weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Agree to disagree until proven otherwise. I know people like to think Brady is immortal and will never fall off but truth is he was very flawed last year despite the excuses about weapons. It’ll be the same excuses next year when he falls flat with so called better weapons.
    I agree with you. Renewed enthusiasm for the game and a turning over a new leaf will not make Brady rediscover his former quality. His age related deterioration was a while coming but it has arrived, and I see no way back.

Every former champion believes they have one more shot in them but it rarely materialises.

DB....I ask, his overall team or his O? You are probably saying O, but are you meaning overall team, and not the O?

I am sure the Pats D is still better, but this Bucs O is loaded, and I think Brady will make the most of it, and quickly. They made a smart addition to their OT situation, and they added a RB, who will complement what they already have. But he will have no problem finding open receivers in this O. He was unhappy with his limited weapons last year, and it was a fact, they had few. Edelman? Two good backs, yes, but who to throw to? Ordinary.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-10-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    I agree with you. Renewed enthusiasm for the game and a turning over a new leaf will not make Brady rediscover his former quality. His age related deterioration was a while coming but it has arrived, and I see no way back.

Every former champion believes they have one more shot in them but it rarely materialises.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Brady started out great, and his production dipped dramatically in the second half of the season. It has been less pronounced in NE over the last couple years, but it was a thing if you were paying attention to him statistically (FF purposes). Blame whoever for that, but I think Brady was at least partially responsible. Either way, there shouldn't be any excuses if it happens in Tampa. If he plays like a traditional Arians QB, and elects to throw caution to the wind (which would actually be cool to see Renegade Brady this late in his career), I really think the sky is the limit for the Buccaneers. I don't think he can get away with playing the way he has in NE over the last few years, not only because of the contrasts in scheme, but because what he was working with defensively in NE catered to that style of play.

The Buccs really had a good draft considering that they just got Brady. Getting Wirfs where they did was a slam dunk. Tyler Johnson where they got him was a slam dunk. If Vaughn can be anything like David Johnson was under Arians in ARI, you have to like the possibilities there.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    DB....I ask, his overall team or his O? You are probably saying O, but are you meaning overall team, and not the O?

I am sure the Pats D is still better, but this Bucs O is loaded, and I think Brady will make the most of it, and quickly. They made a smart addition to their OT situation, and they added a RB, who will complement what they already have. But he will have no problem finding open receivers in this O. He was unhappy with his limited weapons last year, and it was a fact, they had few. Edelman? Two good backs, yes, but who to throw to? Ordinary.
    Still agree to disagree. I think Bradyís weapons tend to be just fine in New England and everyone made excuses because heís Brady who can do no wrong. Edelman was completely uncoverable in the super bowl just one year prior to this past year.

Sure heís got Gronk back now who has 682 yards and 3 tds in the past two seasons. And is coming out of a one retirement. That worked so well for Dallas with Witten last year.

Sure on paper some of the weapons look better. But will they really be better? With a 43 year old qb? Who quite frankly got excused a bit too much for his own poor performance these past two years.

I recall a 36 year old Peyton Manningís first year in a new offense in Denver with pretty loaded weapons. I was at the Monday night game in Atlanta where he went the wrong direction from Mcgahee to open the game and threw 3 first quarter interceptions.

Sure he had a good season after the kinks worked out due to an easy schedule. But then fell flat on his face in the postseason.

But this isnít 36 year old Brady. This is 43 year old Brady by the time the season starts. I find it highly unlikely for him to be successful. And I wonít change my stance until he proves otherwise.

Doesn't really matter what TB does going forward, he has 6 rings.
    (Millions of dollars, model Wife, etc.)
    He has done well for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Doesn't really matter what TB does going forward, he has 6 rings.
    (Millions of dollars, model Wife, etc.)
    He has done well for himself.
    What does any of that have to do with the discussion of how successful he will be in Tampa in 2020?

Still agree to disagree. I think Brady’s weapons tend to be just fine in New England and everyone made excuses because he’s Brady who can do no wrong. Edelman was completely uncoverable in the super bowl just one year prior to this past year.

Sure he’s got Gronk back now who has 682 yards and 3 tds in the past two seasons. And is coming out of a one retirement. That worked so well for Dallas with Witten last year.

Sure on paper some of the weapons look better. But will they really be better? With a 43 year old qb? Who quite frankly got excused a bit too much for his own poor performance these past two years.

I recall a 36 year old Peyton Manning’s first year in a new offense in Denver with pretty loaded weapons. I was at the Monday night game in Atlanta where he went the wrong direction from Mcgahee to open the game and threw 3 first quarter interceptions.

Sure he had a good season after the kinks worked out due to an easy schedule. But then fell flat on his face in the postseason.

But this isn’t 36 year old Brady. This is 43 year old Brady by the time the season starts. I find it highly unlikely for him to be successful. And I won’t change my stance until he proves otherwise.
    OK....so I take it you think he had as good or better O weapons in NE....given your answer to my question. I will not try to twist your arm. I was a wee bit surprised, given how much O Tampa had, minus Brady, Gronk, a stud rookie OT and a solid young complementary RB. So yes, we will disagree. This Tampa team is now competitive, whereas they did not worry me last year. I give them a high degree of probability to make the playoffs. And just like when Manning came here, not young and with a potential risky health situation, I believe Brady will go there and show some of his old stuff. I think he is renewed, refreshed, and excited. And I believe his motivation to succeed is as high as it gets, and this guys thrives on that sort of stuff.

CP bet??? Brady makes the playoffs?? Meaning Tampa wins at very least 2 more games this year. I believe they will win 3 or more games, over last year. 10 and 6 minimum.

NOTE: To all...tell me if you want to in The Brady thread or pm me.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-10-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Why are we talking about Brady in a thread about Broncos' schedule, in the Broncos Football forum?

He has his own thread in NFL and Other Teams. Please take it there.

Thanks.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Oh snap!!

Yeah, what Peanut said!

Lets just say, I already have week 3 and week 5 carved on my calendar!!!

Our AFC West rivals will be tough. and for me, it will come down to winning at least 4 of those games. The goal is to win the division, because good things are in store if you do. Extra playoff game aside, we still don't want to go the other route. And as someone pointed out, in a close race, that last group of games is not for the faint of heart.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-10-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Why are we talking about Brady in a thread about Broncos' schedule, in the Broncos Football forum?

He has his own thread in NFL and Other Teams. Please take it there.

Thanks.
    Because they are on our schedule and people are predicting them to beat us in Denver. Itís relevant.

Personally I feel this Rivers and Bradys last year in nfl. Brady missed alot of throws then normal last year. It happened to Rodgers also.

We will see what happens?
    Hopefully we can play solid football and win some games, I am hoping for 9-7 or better.

Because they are on our schedule and people are predicting them to beat us in Denver. It’s relevant.
    First few posts, yes. The rest is more about Brady and TB. Need more orange.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "