Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Works for me, Rod.

The date is good with me.

Not getting CMC and Lamar Jackson again on the other hand...

No problems here, thanks Rod

I'll be there. Can't wait!

I think I drafted in the 10 spot last year. Only 8 more years and I'll finally get that top pick LOL 😂

You know, I just had a thought.....what if we just rotate the draft order? This year I'm the 9 spot, next year I would have the 8 spot, year after that the 7 spot and so on and so on??? 1st would fall to 12 and the rotation continues??? Dumb idea???

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    You know, I just had a thought.....what if we just rotate the draft order? This year I'm the 9 spot, next year I would have the 8 spot, year after that the 7 spot and so on and so on??? 1st would fall to 12 and the rotation continues??? Dumb idea???
    I would like to have a draft order like the real NFL draft based on final standings. If someone leaves the league, the new owner would inherit the draft slot of the team he's taking over.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I would like to have a draft order like the real NFL draft based on final standings. If someone leaves the league, the new owner would inherit the draft slot of the team he's taking over.
    I'm all for that too, I think if that is established it should be talked about/voted in before we draft and implemented next draft

Since the draft order is something for next season, I started a poll for the owners to choose if they prefer to keep the traditional 6 bench slots or if they want to play with 5 bench slots like we did in 2018 to make this league more unique and the roster management more challenging and dynamic.

You can vote here:

https://fantasy.nfl.com/league/6251677/poll
    Last edited by -Rod-; 08-14-2020 at 07:45 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

That's a good idea. Or if that's not popular, maybe a lottery for the non-playoff teams for the first several picks, then the rest of the draft order for the playoff teams based on standings.

I have mixed opinion. In a real draft, the bottom teams get a shot at the top players, BUT they do not have a snake draft, meaning they get a really nice situation, for parity reasons. I am picking 12th this year, but that does not mean I have a low chance to win. The snake aspect evens things out. So no, I don't see it.

HOWEVER....I could see implementing a draft that employs the following:
    1) Like Devil says, a lottery for lower teams to ensure no one tanks. Yes, that can happen.
    2) The order of selection is based on the draft number as selected by the team owner. This is because the snake draft makes some spots better than others. In an off year, the #1 pick may be no better than several other players. Or similarly, the lower end of the first round may have a group of players that are basically even in talent, thereby making it tempting to select later, and enjoy the prospect of really good back to back selections.

So in summary, draft lottery for lower teams, and no tanking, and give the selection to the team owner, because otherwise they may get a draft order that is not beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I have mixed opinion. In a real draft, the bottom teams get a shot at the top players, BUT they do not have a snake draft, meaning they get a really nice situation, for parity reasons. I am picking 12th this year, but that does not mean I have a low chance to win. The snake aspect evens things out. So no, I don't see it.
    The intention of this format would be to make the league more unique - since most of us already play in the official fantasy leagues - while also skipping the need for a random draft order every year. It's not about helping or hurting owners. The snake format will always keep the draft balanced anyway.

I don't think anyone would tank in a fantasy league without keepers and, personally, I'm not a fan of getting one of the top 1st-round picks and then have to wait until the end of round 2 to pick again. However, I am in favor of making rule changes only when it's a smooth process with massive approval. If there's any controversy, we should keep things as they are to make it fun for everyone.

We already have a different playoff system with only the 4 best teams qualifying. The 5 bench slots was another suggestion to separate this league from the others, but I'm not going to do it when 67% of the votes want to keep the standard bench with 6 slots. I was not even going to cast my vote, but I had to do it to be able to see the results.

The intention of this format would be to make the league more unique - since most of us already play in the official fantasy leagues - while also skipping the need for a random draft order every year. It's not about helping or hurting owners. The snake format will always keep the draft balanced anyway.

I don't think anyone would tank in a fantasy league without keepers and, personally, I'm not a fan of getting one of the top 1st-round picks and then have to wait until the end of round 2 to pick again. However, I am in favor of making rule changes only when it's a smooth process with massive approval. If there's any controversy, we should keep things as they are to make it fun for everyone.

We already have a different playoff system with only the 4 best teams qualifying. The 5 bench slots was another suggestion to separate this league from the others, but I'm not going to do it when 67% of the votes want to keep the standard bench with 6 slots. I was not even going to cast my vote, but I had to do it to be able to see the results.
    That's cool. Just wondering if others saw some merit in my response. If it's only the uniqueness, it makes sense. If we go unique and offering parity (though it is not a big deal), I would prefer we go bottom to top order of choosing when you pick. Just my take.

I voted 6 man bench. We could either go with a bigger bench, or a much smaller one, such as 3 man bench, imo. Players are much more likely to miss time this season with covid now as a possibility for them to miss games along with normal injuries and bye weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I voted 6 man bench. We could either go with a bigger bench, or a much smaller one, such as 3 man bench, imo. Players are much more likely to miss time this season with covid now as a possibility for them to miss games along with normal injuries and bye weeks.
    NFL.com has this new message on the league's main page:

New for 2020! We've updated our default league settings. All NFL-Managed leagues and all newly created custom leagues will include 3 Reserve roster slots. Custom league commissioners can edit the number of Reserve slots in the MANAGE section.
    So we will have 3 reserve slots in addition to the usual bench slots. I guess we will be able to put players on reserve if they miss time due to covid-19.