Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: McTelvin Agim

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyToTheLama View Post
    I could see a very similar road as Jones from last season. We may not see much of him earlier in the year or just on passing downs and as the season progresses he works his way into a bigger role through performance or injury. Either way, I see an instant upgrade over Walker.
    I see the same thing, but Agim isn't as polished as Jones was, but Agim has more natural talent. I think Jones got onto the field because he was also willing to play through injury when other guys were maybe shutting things down. Jones had clean up sacks, but he didn't generate much pass rush at all, the reason he got more playing time was that the coaches liked his toughness, Fangio said as much in one of his press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I see the same thing, but Agim isn't as polished as Jones was, but Agim has more natural talent. I think Jones got onto the field because he was also willing to play through injury when other guys were maybe shutting things down. Jones had clean up sacks, but he didn't generate much pass rush at all, the reason he got more playing time was that the coaches liked his toughness, Fangio said as much in one of his press conferences.
    Fangio has always had a strong dline with his defenses hope we keep grabbing mid round dt till fangio is happy where it is we definitely made strides this year

If this kid is hungry I think itís reasonable to expect him to contribute as a rotational player by the halfway point of the season considering is athleticism and the coaching staff

I hope he does contribute this year. We need one of the young guys to make an impact with interior pressure. I know everyone loves Harris, and he is special at swatting passes, especially in big moments, but I've been rewatching Lock's games, and Harris stands out for how little push he gets upfield. He engages and waits for the pass to stick out his paws. It's effective when it is, but otherwise QB's could comfortably step up in the pocket way too much of the time against our dline. I'm hoping for a complementary push that allows the edge rush to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Fangio has always had a strong dline with his defenses hope we keep grabbing mid round dt till fangio is happy where it is we definitely made strides this year
    I think weíre all going to witness a very strong pass rush between Bradley Chubb and DreíMont Jones for years to come. Should be a real treat to see especially if Fangio and Kollar remain in Denver.

Iím also excited for Agim but heís got to learn to stop jumping before the snap. Iím pretty confident Kollar will get that handled though.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Agim was rated as a mid-round sleeper prospect in this draft class along with Ojemudia and Strnad. I was surprised when researching Agim after we drafted him that he was a highly-touted 5-star recruit coming into Arkansas, so the talent was clearly there.

It’s unfortunate that he didn’t really develop with the Razorbacks due to their poor program like you mentioned. Arkansas found themselves behind early and often, preventing Agim and others from showing off their pass rush prowess consistently as opposing teams with the lead would go conservative and run the ball to finish out games.

An immediate tool that stands out from watching Agim is his explosive first step. He gets off the line so quick and violently engages the opposing blocker. Like you said, he “penetrates like a beast”. Agim reminds me a ton of Javon Kinlaw in this aspect. He is, however, nowhere close to Kinlaw in terms of play strength and technique.

If he went to Alabama or LSU, he would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick without a doubt. I don’t know the Arkansas coaching staff, but it’s evident that they didn’t maximize Agim’s potential or put him in a position to succeed like another smaller program (UH) did for Ed Oliver. Fortunately for Agim, he comes in to an ideal situation to grow his game and refine his technique with our beloved, awesome DL coach Bill Kollar. Neither is Agim under any pressure to play right away— as Casey and Harris will be the starters and Jones will be the main rotational player on the DL. I think Agim and Walker will battle it out for the remaining defensive reps. Walker is entering a contract year so he is going to be on the hot seat in 2020 to build on his promise from last year. Both Agim and Walker are natural pass-rushing 3Ts, so it will be a fierce competition all TC and preseason for those last few DL spots. Not to mention Joel Heath, Christian Covington, and others.
    A Youtuber I like finally did a hype reel on Walker. He's done a few Broncos so you might want to check him out. It's fun stuff to watch while waiting for any kind of football to start. Anyway, I like Walker a lot and I think he's begun to show his stuff after being mismanaged for his first two seasons:

I do not expect Agim to be able beat out Walker for meaningful reps.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    A Youtuber I like finally did a hype reel on Walker. He's done a few Broncos so you might want to check him out. It's fun stuff to watch while waiting for any kind of football to start. Anyway, I like Walker a lot and I think he's begun to show his stuff after being mismanaged for his first two seasons:

Thatís a great video that really highlights what Walker does well. He isnít flashy but when he gets to a one on one opportunity he does a great job of throwing guys off of him. And when he gets double teamed he has the awareness to know that he needs to stay home and read and react in case the QB tries to scramble.

On the Moore sack (first sack in the video), they double initially before the LG passes him off to the C and then from that point he gets his shoulders square with the QB and gets his hands in a good enough position to disengage when Moore tries to scramble up the middle. Many people will say itís a clean up sack to diminish him and while it is, itís also a play where if he doesnít square up with the QB and gains control over the blocker the QB is scrambling and getting yardage on the ground. Similar thing happened on the Titans sack, he got doubled recognized it and immediately took control of his blocker and positioned himself to get the QB trying to get away from Jones who blew past the RG. His hand technique is very solid, he gets his hands low and inside and it allows him to bench press linemen to get off their blocks.

It isnít flashy but you need someone that can do it and preferably someone quicker than Purcell. Say Agim and Jones were both rushing instead, both of those guys rely on their acceleration off the snap so itís very possible both guys run themselves up field and now the QB has nothing but green grass in front of him. Worst case scenario heís a great interior containment player which compliments our entire group of pass rushers, best case he starts ragdolling premiere olinemen like he did to Lewan while still being able to contain the middle. Either way you need to have balance and complimentary pieces in football and Demarcus Walker has done that very well for us when heís been on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post

I love me some Cody Roark! Great stuff from one of our own here from BCMB. I linked his Jeudy and Bolles breakdowns in some of my previous posts. I agree 100% that he was horribly mismanaged by VJ. Thank goodness Fangio and Donatell are putting him at his natural position and maximizing his abilities. I think Walker's experience in the system gives him an edge over Agim, although I like the latter's athleticism much more. We will have to see how that battle plays out in TC and preseason, but you might just be right! I would be ecstatic to see Walker continue redeeming himself after barely seeing the field during his first couple of years.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

For the first time, in a long time, I feel good about the DL.

I can see Agim becoming the next Shelby Harris.

Casey most likely replacing Wolfe ahead of Jones.

Walker and Purcell...Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I love me some Cody Roark! Great stuff from one of our own here from BCMB. I linked his Jeudy and Bolles breakdowns in some of my previous posts. I agree 100% that he was horribly mismanaged by VJ. Thank goodness Fangio and Donatell are putting him at his natural position and maximizing his abilities. I think Walker's experience in the system gives him an edge over Agim, although I like the latter's athleticism much more. We will have to see how that battle plays out in TC and preseason, but you might just be right! I would be ecstatic to see Walker continue redeeming himself after barely seeing the field during his first couple of years.
    Walker is in a contract year. So not only has he been obviously improving after being held back, he has great incentive to show what he can do for the next team that signs him, and the Broncos have this year to evaluate his worth. I would expect them to give him the opportunity to show what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    For the first time, in a long time, I feel good about the DL.

I can see Agim becoming the next Shelby Harris.

Casey most likely replacing Wolfe ahead of Jones.

Walker and Purcell...Yikes!
    Purcell is a perfect 2 down NT. He doesnít generate much pass rush but he isnít moved off the LOS in the run game either. He may be an important player for 6-8 games out of the whole season, but in those 6-8 games heíll be one of the most important pieces on the defense.

Purcell is a perfect 2 down NT. He doesn’t generate much pass rush but he isn’t moved off the LOS in the run game either. He may be an important player for 6-8 games out of the whole season, but in those 6-8 games he’ll be one of the most important pieces on the defense.
    Purcell is actually a Great Fit under Coach Fangio's Defense Watch. Purcell is a Great Run Blocking DL and Purcell has a Motor that is Non Stop. This DL with ATM, Jones, Purcell, Walker, and 5 Time Pro Bowler Casey Ect Yeah I am Super Excited.
    Last edited by DENVERSB50CHAMP; 06-08-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Purcell is a perfect 2 down NT. He doesnít generate much pass rush but he isnít moved off the LOS in the run game either. He may be an important player for 6-8 games out of the whole season, but in those 6-8 games heíll be one of the most important pieces on the defense.
    I noticed Purcell's play before and was impressed.
    Last year he made 625K, this year 3.26M.
    His bump in pay is a testament to his play.

Walker also stood out last year.
    He's going to surprise a lot of people this year.
    I hope he earns a bump in pay too.

Shelby Harris seems hungry too!