Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    As I sit here I visualize what I will be feeling when the first game begins. And I think a good % of us will be waiting hopefully when the O takes the field. Not like we're going to score on every play, or even just in that opening series. But I believe we will see a new era of Broncos offensive football that we will immediately love. And it may take a few games to get the chemistry in order, but I am in it for the long term, so anything positive early will just be a bonus.

And before I (maybe others too) just think our D is fine, but not too special, I may be in for a surprise, because it's not clear to me that we are a lesser D than last year. Maybe better than most will think. I know Von is getting older, but Chubb and Casey and Simmons and the group might be fantastic together. I know we have coaching that understands D, so it may be an above average D, supporting a new and improved, exciting O.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    As I sit here I visualize what I will be feeling when the first game begins. And I think a good % of us will be waiting hopefully when the O takes the field. Not like we're going to score on every play, or even just in that opening series. But I believe we will see a new era of Broncos offensive football that we will immediately love. And it may take a few games to get the chemistry in order, but I am in it for the long term, so anything positive early will just be a bonus.

And before I (maybe others too) just think our D is fine, but not too special, I may be in for a surprise, because it's not clear to me that we are a lesser D than last year. Maybe better than most will think. I know Von is getting older, but Chubb and Casey and Simmons and the group might be fantastic together. I know we have coaching that understands D, so it may be an above average D, supporting a new and improved, exciting O.
    i'd be happy with a ten to 15 play drive that ended in the endzone. i really believe controling the clock is the way to win games.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i'd be happy with a ten to 15 play drive that ended in the endzone. i really believe controling the clock is the way to win games.
    I can almost guarantee that this O, once in sync, will control games, with drives and explosiveness like we have not seen since Peyton was on fire. The play book and the skillsets are going to mesh and the end result will be fatigued opposing Ds.....and POINTS!!

The last couple years it feels like we have had a lot of 3 and outs on offense.
    We will have a good idea about this team by week 10, hopefully we are 6-4 or better by week 10?

If we have what you are speculating....that most definatly means playoff !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    The last couple years it feels like we have had a lot of 3 and outs on offense.
    We will have a good idea about this team by week 10, hopefully we are 6-4 or better by week 10?
    I think we'll know well before week 10. I say with in 5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I think we'll know well before week 10. I say with in 5 weeks.
    I hope we start out strong!

I strongly believe if the Broncos can go .500 in 2020 that it's a success. They were potentially 2 calls or 3 missed plays away from being 8-8 to 10-6 last season, all things considered. I have been doing a ton of film study's and reviews and the additions they made this off-season will be significant for the on-field product. Exciting times ahead for Broncos Country.
    Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL Youtube: CodyRoarkNFL

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRoarkNFL View Post
    I strongly believe if the Broncos can go .500 in 2020 that it's a success. They were potentially 2 calls or 3 missed plays away from being 8-8 to 10-6 last season, all things considered. I have been doing a ton of film study's and reviews and the additions they made this off-season will be significant for the on-field product. Exciting times ahead for Broncos Country.
    So Cody, can you elaborate as to why you see us as a 500 team this year, but that you think we were deserving of at least that last year (had we got a few calls/plays), and mostly without Lock, and most definitely without Gordon, Jeudy, Casey and Chubb (to name a few). I am curious, not trying to change your opinion. I think we are talking some of the same language but my prediction is for a better season.

Thanks

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition. The Broncos will demoralize opponents and then turn around the next week and drop kick the game with penalties because no one knows each others name. This dysfunction will be league-wide. But I predict the Broncos in particular will be feared for their potential to turn the game into a party.

Hahaha! So many people wanted Foster. I had a feeling that dude was bad news ready to happen.

Bolles has been - well, I don't know how to describe his career so far - but certainly not a bust.

So Cody, can you elaborate as to why you see us as a 500 team this year, but that you think we were deserving of at least that last year (had we got a few calls/plays), and mostly without Lock, and most definitely without Gordon, Jeudy, Casey and Chubb (to name a few). I am curious, not trying to change your opinion. I think we are talking some of the same language but my prediction is for a better season.

Thanks
    I meant more along the lines that I believe that if they went .500 this season I would be happy and consider that a success. I'm not one to ever get into record predictions because the game is so delicate and there are hundreds of variables that can change the reality throughout the season. I believe the team is capable of above .500 and certainly with the roster moves, I think they'll be a really tough team for the opposition. I have seen a lot of fans on Twitter say that anything besides 10-6 or 11-5 is a bust, but if this team is playing at .500 or above, it would be a tremendous step forward.
    Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL Youtube: CodyRoarkNFL

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    When you jump out the window hard on draft night defending a pick most people rightfully hated from the jump, I guess you have to go down swinging right? To claim "Bolles played very well last year" is the furthest thing from accurate, depending on what your definition of well and very are I guess. Fact is once again the transaction wire of NFL teams doesn't back up PFF and their offensive line ratings.

If Bolles is as good as one in this thread thinks, why on earth would Elway not take the deal for the fifth-year option, openly declare Bolles will compete with another horrible lineman in Wilkerson, and why would it be reported we are looking at bringing in guys over the age of 30 to potentially come and play tackle? Something doesn't add up, and the consensus on Bolles is right, he is bad. Hey, PFF rated Evan Mathis better than most All-Pros of the decade after his 2015 season here, and he went on to sign a 1 year 4 million dollar deal after Elway didn't offer him anything, seems legitimate.
    Because 5th year options don't offer much savings under the new CB unless you have a truly amazing player?

Bolles is a passable left tackle. Might even start to look fairly good next year with all the new pieces on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRoarkNFL View Post
    I meant more along the lines that I believe that if they went .500 this season I would be happy and consider that a success. I'm not one to ever get into record predictions because the game is so delicate and there are hundreds of variables that can change the reality throughout the season. I believe the team is capable of above .500 and certainly with the roster moves, I think they'll be a really tough team for the opposition. I have seen a lot of fans on Twitter say that anything besides 10-6 or 11-5 is a bust, but if this team is playing at .500 or above, it would be a tremendous step forward.
    Thx for responding! Just wasn't sure if I got what you meant the first time. All good!

Yah, not big on fans putting big expectations out there, or conversely, introducing a "bust" factor. Too early in the revamp to be guaranteed anything too much, given the toughness of schedule and the unknowns. I see them as a 10 and 6 team however. Playoffs would be so exciting!

I think playoffs are a possibility, and the offense should be a lot more fun to watch than the last few years. I think it's fair to acknowledge the bust potential between all the new faces, injury potential, and the weaknesses that still remain. I've been rewatching Lock's games, and inconsistency was the theme. Lock played well on the whole, but he faced a lot of quick pressure from the edges and middle, and while Lindsay made the most of gaps, he was frequently met by defenders in the backfield. Defensively, Purcell would blow up one play, then the entire dline would get blown off the ball the next. OT is still a big question mark along with the defensive middle. It may take another offseason, but it'll be fun to watch when Lock has time to survey the field and set his feet.