When do you think Broncos players will start working out?

Just curious after I read this article about Brady working out with Bucs players.

Anyone else reminded of the old Bucs unis when looking at Brady's QB jersey?

I know Lock was in talks with PM about when to start throwing in the off season before all the Stay at Home stuff started. Lock was also trying to get into Zoom meetings with rookies but apparently that was against league rules so he did not do it. I bet the guys are just itching to get together and start building chemistry!

What rules would be broken if Lock spoke with the rookies or any players by Zoom? Not arguing just wondering?

Players work out together or talk to each other all off season. I get coaches or training sites a league issue but player contact? And I do realize this off-season is unique. “Training together” may not be allowed under stay at home rules but Zoom contact?

Lock needs to get his players together as soon as possible. Even if it was “just meeting at the park to throw the ball around and talk”. A more formal QB/ WR camp would be nice too. When allowed of, course.

Pretty sure the Broncos have some connections at local Prep School's too!
    Last edited by FR Tim; 05-19-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    What rules would be broken if Lock spoke with the rookies or any players by Zoom? Not arguing just wondering?

Players work out together or talk to each other all off season. I get coaches or training sites a league issue but player contact?

Lock needs to get his players together as soon as possible. Even if it was “just meeting at the park to throw the ball around and talk”. A more formal QB/ WR camp would be nice too. When allowed of, course.

In terms of the Zoom thing I do not know exactly I just herd Lock talk about it on one of the many interviews I been watching after the draft. Maybe something about rookies and when they can interact with other players? I do not know.

In terms of players working out on their own I thought they were holding off due to the Stay At Home stuff according to a Lock interview I saw before the draft.

If Brady and then Bucs are doing it then so should we!

Interesting. If you remember or find more details from the interview I’d be curious to know why.

You may be right about rookie contact until they sign but even then how many times do we hear about new teammates reaching out to welcome them to the team.

As I added above, this off-season is unique due to quarantine restrictions but in normal years where is that line if a couple of players choose to get together to talk football, work out and socialize.

From the link, Brady had his C there snapping him the ball, the other QBs and they were wearing helmets and pads. That sounds organized to me.

Let’s go Broncos. Time to get to work!

As per the NFL's rules, coaches are not permitted to return at this stage. McKay, who also heads the competition committee, noted, for the sake of competitive balance, coaches and players shouldn't be allowed back until the entire league can return to their buildings. "One for all, all for one," he said.

They are allowing teams to open facilities this week. Falcons, the Cardinals, Colts and Steelers are beginning to reopen their facilities Tuesday. I am not sure that means players can meet in an organized manner. I am sure that Brady wouldn't break any rules though.

Did you read the article from the Tampa Bay News link?

If true as described. Brady and teammates had a throwing session this morning. Did they break league rules?

If not , then Lock, Driskell, Lindsey, Cush and 4 or 5 receivers need to get their butts out to Valor or Mullins tomorrow morning for a “throwing session”. Just don’t bring a playbook, coach or huddle up.

Yea that is the point here...if Brady and the Bucs can be meeting up and throwing than so can Lock and the Broncos.

I understand it is supposed to just be players with no coaches or trainers employed by the Broncos but from my understanding Lock has been looking into this since Jan.

According to Troy Renck of 9News, Lock came back to Denver earlier this month and has gotten together with receivers on at least one occasion.

https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status...70625031266305

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    According to Troy Renck of 9News, Lock came back to Denver earlier this month and has gotten together with receivers on at least one occasion.

Thanks for posting. Glad to hear he has had the opportunity to meet with the receivers already.

I’m kind of embarrassed to say it is more satisfying to hear then It really should be. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

Players work out together or talk to each other all off season. I get coaches or training sites a league issue but player contact? And I do realize this off-season is unique. “Training together” may not be allowed under stay at home rules but Zoom contact?

No rules will be broken at all. The only rules are in relation to coaching staff contact with players, and they've lifted that with the virtual offseason program. But Lock can talk to all of the players as much as he wants.

As for throwing in the park, I think the only restriction is based on the orders in place in those respective cities. They just need to pick a city where groups can gather together outside and throwing balls without violating city restrictions (not sure about Denver or anywhere else in the US, but currently in Calgary two people throwing a ball to each other is against restrictions) then they can get together and work.

Another aspect to keep in mind is that once all 32 team complexes are open, and coaches are allowed back in the building, then the NFL may decide to allow every team to get in a couple of weeks of OTAs or a mini-camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

That will teach me for not reading all the way through before replying. Good to see that's happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    As for throwing in the park, I think the only restriction is based on the orders in place in those respective cities. They just need to pick a city where groups can gather together outside and throwing balls without violating city rules.
    Sounds like a drive to Wyoming might work.

Harris Jr. appears optimistic as he and the Chargers begin team drills on Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    Sounds like a drive to Wyoming might work.
    This is what I would do. Just go to wear the local laws permit.