Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Flacco is a different case since heís a quarterback and they tend to be more diplomatic.

    Was Gordon answering questions or did he volunteer his comments? If he was answering questions, itís a bit unfair to criticize him for giving the answers. He doesnít really owe the Chargers anything now that heís gone from that organization.
    What difference does it make?
    Gordon's responses were his alone.

    You're right; he doesn't owe the Chargers anything,
    and when he leaves Denver, he will not owe the Broncos anything either.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,506
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I find it classy and humble when any player thanks his former team and fans on his way out
    and allows his play going forward to speak for itself.

    Did Raiders' RB Devontae Booker criticize Denver's scheme, OL, or lack of touches on his way out?

    Gordon refused 10M, sat out three games, replaced then criticized his former team on his way out.
    He might need to be "managed" if things don't go "his" way in Denver.

    Tangent note: Flacco is now a Jet (@1.5M), and I'm curious what he'll say about Denver and Elway.
    ( I was wrong about Flacco and glad he's gone. )
    Heís human too, heís definitely seeing all the articles about him being a bad signing due to the money so of course heís going to feel some type of way about it. Heís on a 2 year contract, there wonít be any attitude problems here nor were there with the Chargers until he held out (which wouldíve been the new norm for productive RBs before the new CBA). Even then he was still on good terms with the players (in his own words), but maybe not with all the other coaches.

    If anything this is really just showing that heís motivated and hungry to prove people wrong which is a great thing for us because he is an extremely talented RB.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,688
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    What difference does it make?
    Gordon's responses were his alone.

    You're right; he doesn't owe the Chargers anything,
    and when he leaves Denver, he will not owe the Broncos anything either.
    Some people might actually feel an obligation to be honest rather than diplomatic when asked questions they agreed to answer.

    So again, was he answering questions or was he volunteering comments?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Heís human too, heís definitely seeing all the articles about him being a bad signing due to the money so of course heís going to feel some type of way about it. Heís on a 2 year contract, there wonít be any attitude problems here nor were there with the Chargers until he held out (which wouldíve been the new norm for productive RBs before the new CBA). Even then he was still on good terms with the players (in his own words), but maybe not with all the other coaches.

    If anything this is really just showing that heís motivated and hungry to prove people wrong which is a great thing for us because he is an extremely talented RB.
    Looking back, Gordon's contract was pretty good given RB FA.
    An average of 8M with 13.5M guaranteed is pretty good.
    Devonta Freeman may holdout after declining a 4M SEA offer.

    Holding out for three games was not only bad for the team but for the fans too.
    Imagine Lindsay sitting out for three games? I would be bummed.

    Plus, you cannot definitively state, "there wonít be any attitude problems here,"
    because that's a prediction. A prediction I hope turns out true.

    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Some people might actually feel an obligation to be honest rather than diplomatic when asked questions they agreed to answer.

    So again, was he answering questions or was he volunteering comments?
    I haven't researched your question, sorry.
    In the NFL as in life, perception is everything.

    Would you rather have rapist Roethlisberger (allegedly) or dog-fighting Vick as QB?
    I'd go with Vick.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,506
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Looking back, Gordon's contract was pretty good given RB FA.
    An average of 8M with 13.5M guaranteed is pretty good.
    Devonta Freeman may holdout after declining a 4M SEA offer.

    Holding out for three games was not only bad for the team but for the fans too.
    Imagine Lindsay sitting out for three games? I would be bummed.

    Plus, you cannot definitively state, "there wonít be any attitude problems here,"
    because that's a prediction. A prediction I hope turns out true.



    I haven't researched your question, sorry.
    In the NFL as in life, perception is everything.

    Would you rather have rapist Roethlisberger (allegedly) or dog-fighting Vick as QB?
    I'd go with Vick.
    I meant bad as in we overpaid given the market, itís a great deal for him. And while saying his attitude wonít be a problem here may be a prediction, I think itíll end up being true. He never had an attitude with the Chargers, while he was there he never complained about the scheme or about his touches, he spoke very highly of Ekeler even throughout his holdout. He isnít going to hold out again, not after how it ended for him last season, plus the CBA doesnít really allow it anyway. Heís already said he if he could go back he wouldnít hold out because of how it changes his legacy and how hard it was for him to get up to speed.

    I donít see his holdout as an attitude issue, he saw how the market has been unfolding and tried to use what little leverage he had. Of course Ekeler eliminated that leverage but he was trying to maximize his value with the team that would have valued him the most. I realize he turned down a deal rumored to be 10 mil but we have no idea how the contract was structured and with the Chargers having some of their big name talent due for new contracts soon maybe he the contract wasnít as good for his long term outlook with the team. I just donít view his holdout as an attitude issue because by and large he hasnít had any attitude issues prior to the holdout.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I meant bad as in we overpaid given the market, itís a great deal for him. And while saying his attitude wonít be a problem here may be a prediction, I think itíll end up being true. He never had an attitude with the Chargers, while he was there he never complained about the scheme or about his touches, he spoke very highly of Ekeler even throughout his holdout. He isnít going to hold out again, not after how it ended for him last season, plus the CBA doesnít really allow it anyway. Heís already said he if he could go back he wouldnít hold out because of how it changes his legacy and how hard it was for him to get up to speed.

    I donít see his holdout as an attitude issue, he saw how the market has been unfolding and tried to use what little leverage he had. Of course Ekeler eliminated that leverage but he was trying to maximize his value with the team that would have valued him the most. I realize he turned down a deal rumored to be 10 mil but we have no idea how the contract was structured and with the Chargers having some of their big name talent due for new contracts soon maybe he the contract wasnít as good for his long term outlook with the team. I just donít view his holdout as an attitude issue because by and large he hasnít had any attitude issues prior to the holdout.
    So Gordon defended his Broncos salary by attacking the Chargers scheme?
    That makes no sense.

    One could argue his holdout represented his attitude towards the Chargers.
    Holdouts are always an issue. We'd rightfully get fired from our job if we held out.

    Whatever the reason for his holdout, that perception is there.
    He needs to prove his worth, and I hope he becomes a FA steal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •