Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 143
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I have seen film of him. Everyone knows his team around him sucked. It was not until he got to Oakland that his career took off because his team was better.
    Na itís more like, if the pansies arenít cheating, they arenít winning. They arenít good enough ever and when youíre able to accept facts and admit it to yourself, youíll be ok!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-08-2020 at 07:32 AM.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I have seen film of him. Everyone knows his team around him sucked. It was not until he got to Oakland that his career took off because his team was better.
    to be completely honest, he only had a couple good years with the Raiders. I wouldn't say his career took off. You hear all the cry for him to be added to the HOF, but I just don't believe he has the goods to be in the HOF.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    to be completely honest, he only had a couple good years with the Raiders. I wouldn't say his career took off. You hear all the cry for him to be added to the HOF, but I just don't believe he has the goods to be in the HOF.
    The fact that he is even being discussed for HOF consideration means that he was good.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The fact that he is even being discussed for HOF consideration means that he was good.
    Yeah, not so much..... I think it proves the lack of how good he actually was. He was the first Hispanic QB in the NFL and won a couple Super Bowls. That's why it's been brought up. You can find all this stuff if you look it up, not just guess or make an opinion. I watched him during his Raiders years and he wasn't all that great.

    Read this article..... Seriously read it and it spells it all out for you!!

    https://lastwordonprofootball.com/20...%20and%20XVIII.

    We should be able to end this discussion after!!

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Yeah, not so much..... I think it proves the lack of how good he actually was. He was the first Hispanic QB in the NFL and won a couple Super Bowls. That's why it's been brought up. You can find all this stuff if you look it up, not just guess or make an opinion. I watched him during his Raiders years and he wasn't all that great.

    Read this article..... Seriously read it and it spells it all out for you!!

    https://lastwordonprofootball.com/20...%20and%20XVIII.

    We should be able to end this discussion after!!
    You are correct that he was not a great player, but I don't think you can say anyone taking his team to 2 super bowls is bad either. We can agree to disagree.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    You are correct that he was not a great player, but I don't think you can say anyone taking his team to 2 super bowls is bad either. We can agree to disagree.
    You say it about John Elway all the time you Contradicting ole pansy fan!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-08-2020 at 08:34 PM.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    You say it about John Elway all the time you Contradicting ole pansy fan!
    LOL, I never said Elway was Plunkett-level. And BTW, Elway took his team to FIVE super bowls. Sounds like to me you became a fan after 1997...
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 06-09-2020 at 05:05 AM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,792
    [QUOTE=TommyBrady12;5889834]You are correct that he was not a great player, but I don't think you can say anyone taking his team to 2 super bowls is bad either. We can agree to disagree.[/QUOTE]

    Then we can stop the debate on this one........

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    LOL, I never said Elway was Plunkett-level. And BTW, Elway took his team to FIVE super bowls. Sounds like to me you became a fan after 1997...
    No I didn't say that you said he was on Plunkets level, I said you disregard Elway all the time however you want to push a ridiculous narrative that Plunket is a HOF because he played in a super bowl. Heck if that is the case then guys like Chris Chandler and Jake Delhome belong in the HOF as well.

    Again I never said that you said Elway was on Plunkets level but you must believe so in your pea brain because you came up with the ridiculous assumption.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    No I didn't say that you said he was on Plunkets level, I said you disregard Elway all the time however you want to push a ridiculous narrative that Plunket is a HOF because he played in a super bowl. Heck if that is the case then guys like Chris Chandler and Jake Delhome belong in the HOF as well.

    Again I never said that you said Elway was on Plunkets level but you must believe so in your pea brain because you came up with the ridiculous assumption.
    When did I disregard Elway as an all time great? I only disregard him in the GOAT conversation, which he doesn't belong. Nice try though!
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    When did I disregard Elway as an all time great? I only disregard him in the GOAT conversation, which he doesn't belong. Nice try though!
    Thatís is where you are so wrong, there are only top 5 all time greats or ďgreatest of all timeĒ.

    Elway definitely belong in the convo with Montana, Peyton Manning, Johnny U and Dan Marino!

    Which clutch QB of that 5 would you be willing to go into battle with? Itís ok to have a fav, stop hating because they didnít play for your pansies.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    That’s is where you are so wrong, there are only top 5 all time greats or “greatest of all time”.

    Elway definitely belong in the convo with Montana, Peyton Manning, Johnny U and Dan Marino!

    Which clutch QB of that 5 would you be willing to go into battle with? It’s ok to have a fav, stop hating because they didn’t play for your pansies.
    There are only 2 in the GOAT conversation - Brady and Montana, according to most sane people. None of those quarterbacks have been named to the NFL all decade team TWICE...only Brady. Peyton made the all decade 2000s team, as a backup to Brady.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,792
    I'm only going to say this.................... The GOAT, the All-Decade Team, the Top 10 all time, etc.............. is an opinion based topic. There is absolutely ZERO reason to debate this over and over and over again. There is no definitive that says it's only between Brady and Montana, Brady and Manning, Manning and Montana...... There is so many things to look at to support this. Manning owns part of these things, Brady owns other parts, and Montana, Elway, Marino own many others during a different era that didn't assist the QB like the Passing League it is now.

    I love how this thread has gone from one topic to another and yet, another.......

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    There are only 2 in the GOAT conversation - Brady and Montana, according to most sane people. None of those quarterbacks have been named to the NFL all decade team TWICE...only Brady. Peyton made the all decade 2000s team, as a backup to Brady.
    That is bias based on Super Bowls but you have to remember that Brady cheated to win.
    Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson also won a super bowl so should they be considered for the HOF? Because itís the same difference when considering Brady.

    Brady ďall time greatĒ?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-11-2020 at 08:06 AM.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    That is bias based on Super Bowls but you have to remember that Brady cheated to win.
    Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson also won a super bowl so should they be considered for the HOF? Because it’s the same difference when considering Brady.

    Brady “all time great”?
    Oh really? How come Elway won NFL All Decade in the 1990s but won fewer super bowls than Aikman, who won 3?
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •