Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 143
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,417
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    If I'm a Chiefs fan then you now hate the Pansy's and are in love with the Jets, Dolphins and Bills.....and now a Buc's fan.

    So now you're 4TeamTammy12.

    Now you'll be satisfied no matter who wins the AFC East so long as it's not the Cheating Boston Mob because they suck now, correct?

    PUTZ.
    Hes the lady of contradictory!

    Calls you a chiefs fan because you cheered on another team in the playoffs, however he doesn’t understand that hes taken up residence on a Denver Broncos forum.

    I dont want him anywhere near my broncos but he is a closet bronco fan whos butt hurt that you cheered another team in the playoffs!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-01-2020 at 07:05 PM.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I'm not downgrading them at all. They were complementary role players in Belichick's system and they did great. I do know my team - much more than you do. You assumed that Plunkett was traded because he sucked and I proved you wrong above and you never even responded. Van Noy and Jason McCourty were both traded for. NInkovich was a scrap heap signing that ended up being big on our team. Manning, on the other hand, is as big a star as there is - it's easy to acquire him when all you have to do is write a check. Again, do your research Boomheiser!
    You have zero credibility with your opinionated posts..... I'm also flattered that you want to copy my material being you're an unoriginal turd!!!!

    I'm not too sure where the reasoning of Plunkett being traded was ever brought up. I was debating with facts that he sucked in NE. You brought up the trade. I just said he sucked in NE and provided several professionally analyzed written reports to back that up. You just kept pulling stats to argue your opinion. He SUCKED!!!!! He will always be remembered as a RAIDER!!!

    You can pull his stats and see that he didn't lead the league in any of it. Well, he did lead the league in Int's and was near the bottom of the league every year in completion %..... Just because he might of been in the top 10 every year in yards, doesn't mean he was good. I mean, it's pretty easy to be near the top in yards when you do lead the league in passing attempts, right??? Not very good when you have the worst completion %.........

    You can complain all you want on how any player was acquired if you'd like. It's one of the dumbest, weakest arguments there is. Who cares how they were acquired. The GM's job is to build a team to win and every team looks for the best players available to help their team win. Manning had to play somewhere and Denver luckily got the opportunity to acquire him and won a lot of games. You can get your tissues ready and cry about it all you want. Funny how you bring up the dumbest, weakest arguments all the time. Fits your mentality I guess!!

    Hey Boomhauer, DO BETTER!!!!!

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    You have zero credibility with your opinionated posts..... I'm also flattered that you want to copy my material being you're an unoriginal turd!!!!

    I'm not too sure where the reasoning of Plunkett being traded was ever brought up. I was debating with facts that he sucked in NE. You brought up the trade. I just said he sucked in NE and provided several professionally analyzed written reports to back that up. You just kept pulling stats to argue your opinion. He SUCKED!!!!! He will always be remembered as a RAIDER!!!

    You can pull his stats and see that he didn't lead the league in any of it. Well, he did lead the league in Int's and was near the bottom of the league every year in completion %..... Just because he might of been in the top 10 every year in yards, doesn't mean he was good. I mean, it's pretty easy to be near the top in yards when you do lead the league in passing attempts, right??? Not very good when you have the worst completion %.........

    You can complain all you want on how any player was acquired if you'd like. It's one of the dumbest, weakest arguments there is. Who cares how they were acquired. The GM's job is to build a team to win and every team looks for the best players available to help their team win. Manning had to play somewhere and Denver luckily got the opportunity to acquire him and won a lot of games. You can get your tissues ready and cry about it all you want. Funny how you bring up the dumbest, weakest arguments all the time. Fits your mentality I guess!!

    Hey Boomhauer, DO BETTER!!!!!
    Hey genius, I already pointed out to you Plunkett was traded because he didn't get along with the coach and didn't fit changes that were being made at the time to the team's offense. You NEVER responded. You point to some article written by a Patriots fan who probably wasn't even around when Plunkett played. On the other hand, the facts that I rely on can be substantiated in books written on the NE Patriots history. Try reading "From Darkness to Dynasty" by Jerry Thornton, a well-respected member of the media. And it is a FACT that Plunkett was top 10 in yards thrown and TDs during his Patriots years.

    And you still haven't proven me wrong about the Broncos INABILITY to draft a single good QB in its history. As I said before, it's easy to write a check out to Peyton Manning because it requires no brains by the GM to do so.

    And you keep getting your a$$ kicked when it comes to the Patriots. I've humiliated you in pointing out that McCourty, Van Noy, Moss, and others weren't free agents. So stop trying to act like you know football!

    Aren't you retired? You should be able to do this research on your own. You have plenty of time!
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Hey genius, I already pointed out to you Plunkett was traded because he didn't get along with the coach and didn't fit changes that were being made at the time to the team's offense. You NEVER responded. You point to some article written by a Patriots fan who probably wasn't even around when Plunkett played. On the other hand, the facts that I rely on can be substantiated in books written on the NE Patriots history. Try reading "From Darkness to Dynasty" by Jerry Thornton, a well-respected member of the media. And it is a FACT that Plunkett was top 10 in yards thrown and TDs during his Patriots years.

    And you still haven't proven me wrong about the Broncos INABILITY to draft a single good QB in its history. As I said before, it's easy to write a check out to Peyton Manning because it requires no brains by the GM to do so.

    And you keep getting your a$$ kicked when it comes to the Patriots. I've humiliated you in pointing out that McCourty, Van Noy, Moss, and others weren't free agents. So stop trying to act like you know football!

    Aren't you retired? You should be able to do this research on your own. You have plenty of time!
    "First of all derp derpy derp"..... Listen up "PUTZ", as I sad before..... I NEVER BROUGHT UP OR DEBATED WHY HE LEFT THE PATS!!!!!!!!! DID YOU HEAR THAT THIS TIME???? YOU BROUGHT UP THAT TOPIC!!!! I NEVER DEBATED ANYTHING ABOUT DENVER'S "HOMEGROWN" QB'S!!!! DID YOU HEAR THAT???

    Okay, now that has been clarified, lets discuss more. You are so clueless.

    Again, lets beat the dead cat some more I guess. I provided several articles, not just some Pats fans, and can supply all the stats you want on Plunkett. Lets explain one more time with a little breakdown. Top 10 in yds all four years (YAY!!!). Top 10 in TD's 2 out of 4 years (eh....). Sweet!!! Maybe that means he's GREAT!!!! Nope...... Now, top 6 in attempts every year which can attribute to the yards but...... BOTTOM 5 in Completion Pct. ALL FOUR YEARS, which is very important because that translated too..... Top 3 in Interceptions in 3 of 4 years and was still in the top 10 in interceptions in the 4th....... He was not very good. Wish your opinions can be translated into fact. Wish you were old enough to not just pull a famous name and look online for info all you want. You haven't a clue on what you're talking about here!!! I think the part that really bothers you is, PLUNKETT WILL BE REMEMBERED AS A RAIDER!!!! Had to add this..... Straight from your book, "From Darkness to Dynasty"....... "Pats fans were coming to realize that the hope that Plunkett had represented a couple of years earlier, (rookie season), was just another false promise. There was plenty of sympathy for the man, whom everybody liked and respected, but fans were human beings second and football fans first. So they did what any fan base does when things go south in a hurry: they took it out on the "Star". Pats fans turned on Jim Plunkett like the rabid dogs they were". Now, did this happen because he was so good? Oh, they cheered for him because he threw for so many yards!!! No, they saw that he wasn't very good which hindered the Patriots, PERIOD!!!

    Now for, "it's easy to write a check out to Peyton Manning because it requires no brains by the GM to do so". That is ignorant as it comes. If its just so easy to write a check for every star of the NFL, why hasn't any single team filled their roster?? Why isn't there a team of complete All-Stars in the NFL like there is in the NBA?? Stop trying to argue an idiotic topic. Just answer this one question in regards to this...... What is the GM's job???? You can cry about it all you want. It's really not a intelligent debate. It will fall on deaf ears everywhere because that's how the business works. Move on tool!!

    You haven't kicked anyone's a$$ about the Pats.... LOL..... You didn't even know they existed prior to 2001 and even now you have to look up stats and online records to try and sound intelligent about the past. We see right through it Boomhauer. You've made some posts that easily show your lack of knowledge about the history of the Pats or even the NFL. As for McCourty, Van Noy, Moss, etc...... Humiliated??? Seriously??? You have an OPINION on the facts that are out there. Starters are not roll players if they're on the field all the time. You really are clueless. I know more about football in my little finger than you will ever know.

    Now, with a backhand comment on my retirement..... Now you've crossed a line. You don't know me. You don't know my past nor my present. I'm a retired VET and will be respected as such. Don't ever go there son......... And just a little factoid on my football knowledge, you probably played a little flag football, but I actually played in the NEWMAC conference. That's Division III college since you probably don't know. Don't even try.....
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 06-02-2020 at 01:30 PM.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,417
    Yeah I think we shut him up for a while but
    he’s just so used to losing
    these arguments it won’t be long til he returns.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Yeah I think we shut him up for a while but
    he’s just so used to losing
    these arguments it won’t be long til he returns.
    It's very apparent he/she is one of the biggest Denver Broncos fans ever. Why else would he/she spend so much time here? He/she is obsessed with one of the historically great NFL franchises and his/her second favorite is historically the biggest cheating NFL franchise in history. So weird of him/her to be in love with something so great, the Broncos and something so evil, the Patsy's. Must be some type of twisted psychotic masochism. He/she enjoys inflicting pain on him/herself (deep down inside he/she loves hating the Patriots but hates loving the Broncos) and can't come to grips with why he/she feels these conflicting and confusing emotions. Is it possible he/she actually lives in the Denver area? Creepy!

    Dr. Freud would have enjoyed getting inside the pea brain of 4TeamTammy12 to figure out what makes him/her tick regarding his/her immense obsession of overwhelming love for the Denver Broncos but makes contradictory claims about other NFL teams. Weird!
    Last edited by jazzbodog; 06-02-2020 at 01:44 PM.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    "First of all derp derpy derp"..... Listen up "PUTZ", as I sad before..... I NEVER BROUGHT UP OR DEBATED WHY HE LEFT THE PATS!!!!!!!!! DID YOU HEAR THAT THIS TIME???? YOU BROUGHT UP THAT TOPIC!!!! I NEVER DEBATED ANYTHING ABOUT DENVER'S "HOMEGROWN" QB'S!!!! DID YOU HEAR THAT???

    Okay, now that has been clarified, lets discuss more. You are so clueless.

    Again, lets beat the dead cat some more I guess. I provided several articles, not just some Pats fans, and can supply all the stats you want on Plunkett. Lets explain one more time with a little breakdown. Top 10 in yds all four years (YAY!!!). Top 10 in TD's 2 out of 4 years (eh....). Sweet!!! Maybe that means he's GREAT!!!! Nope...... Now, top 6 in attempts every year which can attribute to the yards but...... BOTTOM 5 in Completion Pct. ALL FOUR YEARS, which is very important because that translated too..... Top 3 in Interceptions in 3 of 4 years and was still in the top 10 in interceptions in the 4th....... He was not very good. Wish your opinions can be translated into fact. Wish you were old enough to not just pull a famous name and look online for info all you want. You haven't a clue on what you're talking about here!!! I think the part that really bothers you is, PLUNKETT WILL BE REMEMBERED AS A RAIDER!!!! Had to add this..... Straight from your book, "From Darkness to Dynasty"....... "Pats fans were coming to realize that the hope that Plunkett had represented a couple of years earlier, (rookie season), was just another false promise. There was plenty of sympathy for the man, whom everybody liked and respected, but fans were human beings second and football fans first. So they did what any fan base does when things go south in a hurry: they took it out on the "Star". Pats fans turned on Jim Plunkett like the rabid dogs they were". Now, did this happen because he was so good? Oh, they cheered for him because he threw for so many yards!!! No, they saw that he wasn't very good which hindered the Patriots, PERIOD!!!

    Now for, "it's easy to write a check out to Peyton Manning because it requires no brains by the GM to do so". That is ignorant as it comes. If its just so easy to write a check for every star of the NFL, why hasn't any single team filled their roster?? Why isn't there a team of complete All-Stars in the NFL like there is in the NBA?? Stop trying to argue an idiotic topic. Just answer this one question in regards to this...... What is the GM's job???? You can cry about it all you want. It's really not a intelligent debate. It will fall on deaf ears everywhere because that's how the business works. Move on tool!!

    You haven't kicked anyone's a$$ about the Pats.... LOL..... You didn't even know they existed prior to 2001 and even now you have to look up stats and online records to try and sound intelligent about the past. We see right through it Boomhauer. You've made some posts that easily show your lack of knowledge about the history of the Pats or even the NFL. As for McCourty, Van Noy, Moss, etc...... Humiliated??? Seriously??? You have an OPINION on the facts that are out there. Starters are not roll players if they're on the field all the time. You really are clueless. I know more about football in my little finger than you will ever know.

    Now, with a backhand comment on my retirement..... Now you've crossed a line. You don't know me. You don't know my past nor my present. I'm a retired VET and will be respected as such. Don't ever go there son......... And just a little factoid on my football knowledge, you probably played a little flag football, but I actually played in the NEWMAC conference. That's Division III college since you probably don't know. Don't even try.....
    No, you just quoted an article about Plunkett that said he was traded to SF because he sucked. Forgive me for thinking that you disagreed with the very quote you posted. And FYI, I never said Plunkett will be REMEMBERED as a Patriot. I said he was developed in NE and did pretty well statistically. You said he "sucked," which is completely wrong.

    As far as my team. you said that McCourty, Van Noy, and Moss were FA signings by NE, which they were not. They were all acquired for draft picks. Then you proceed to tell me that I know nothing about football. How stupid are you?
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 06-02-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,417
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    No, you just quoted an article about Plunkett that said he was traded to SF because he sucked. Forgive me for thinking that you disagreed with the very quote you posted. And FYI, I never said Plunkett will be REMEMBERED as a Patriot. I said he was developed in NE and did pretty well statistically. You said he "sucked," which is completely wrong.

    As far as my team. you said that McCourty, Van Noy, and Moss were FA signings by NE, which they were not. They were all acquired for draft picks. Then you proceed to tell me that I know nothing about football. How stupid are you?
    So are you attempting to push the notion that “trading draft picks” for already proven NFL talent is the same as a team drafting that already known NFL talent themselves???

    That is ludicrous!

    IT DOESN’T FRIGGIN MATTER if they were acquired through trade or free agency! You are still guilty of buying an NFL championship along with everyone else according to your sick twisted logic...

    Want to know why?

    BECAUSE PLANET ASS STILL PAID THOSE “TRADED PLAYERS“ A SALARY

    Putz!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-02-2020 at 06:59 PM.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    No, you just quoted an article about Plunkett that said he was traded to SF because he sucked. Forgive me for thinking that you disagreed with the very quote you posted. And FYI, I never said Plunkett will be REMEMBERED as a Patriot. I said he was developed in NE and did pretty well statistically. You said he "sucked," which is completely wrong.

    As far as my team. you said that McCourty, Van Noy, and Moss were FA signings by NE, which they were not. They were all acquired for draft picks. Then you proceed to tell me that I know nothing about football. How stupid are you?
    Wow, again comprehension is not your strong suit. Quoting articles, which I highlighted the parts I wanted emphasized, is not my writing. I never debated with you on why or how he left. Not ONCE..... I debated why he sucks and you fail to except all the FACTS as to why he sucked and why numerous others wrote that he sucked. You continue to hold on to those passing yards..... He did not do statistically well. I posted the facts in my last post. Bottom in completion percentage and leading in Int's are not good statistics. They suck. Their record supports that.

    Now, please quote me where I said how players were acquired. FA, trade, draft..... PLEASE DO IT!!!! I have said several times, "who cares how they're acquired". I think that's the mental proof that you're actually the stupid one. You can't even read and comprehend who says what! You sure dont know much Boomhauer.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Here's another Rinse/Repeat topic!!!! I think it was Baph that used the "buy your 3rd super bowl" debate thought.... Bottom line, WHO CARES HOW THEY WERE ACQUIRED!! It's all part of how every team is built.

    Players that helped Patriots win Superbowl titles..... Guess they bought those titles too!!

    2002 - Antowain Smith, Otis Smith, Roman Phifer

    2004 - Corey Dillon, David Patton, Joe Andruzzi, Keith Traylor, Rodney Harrison

    2005 - Corey Dillon, David Patton, Rodney Harrison, Rosevelt Colvin,

    2015 - Dion Lewis, Keshawn Martin, Rob Ninkovich, Alan Branch

    2017 - Dion Lewis, Brandin Cooks, Chris Hogan, Lawrence Guy, Alan Branch, Kyle Van Noy, David Harris, Stephon Gilmore

    2019 - Josh Gordon (slightly), Lawrence Guy, Danny Shelton, John Simon, Kyle Van Noy, Jason McCourty, Stephon Gilmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Wow, again comprehension is not your strong suit. Quoting articles, which I highlighted the parts I wanted emphasized, is not my writing. I never debated with you on why or how he left. Not ONCE..... I debated why he sucks and you fail to except all the FACTS as to why he sucked and why numerous others wrote that he sucked. You continue to hold on to those passing yards..... He did not do statistically well. I posted the facts in my last post. Bottom in completion percentage and leading in Int's are not good statistics. They suck. Their record supports that.

    Now, please quote me where I said how players were acquired. FA, trade, draft..... PLEASE DO IT!!!! I have said several times, "who cares how they're acquired". I think that's the mental proof that you're actually the stupid one. You can't even read and comprehend who says what! You sure dont know much Boomhauer.
    I'm the stupid one, yet you go and accuse NE of buying a title (see post above) and later deny saying it. Sorry, buying a championship does not encompass trades, where you have to give up draft capital or players in exchange for players. Do you want me to clarify by saying Denver bought Super Bowl 50 through free agency? Because they did...

    As for Plunkett, this is nothing but a red herring. You focus on this yet have not answered the underlying question, "how many good QBs has Denver drafted in its history?" You point to poorly researched articles written by NE patriots fans, yet I pointed to a well-researched book on NE Patriots history which states that Plunkett was traded because he didn't get along with the coach and didn't fit into a new system they were installing in NE. Do you know who else was near the top of the league in INTS during that time period? Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Fran Tarkenton, Archie Manning, and to a lesser degree Roger Staubach. Now come up with something intelligent to say for once!
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 06-03-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    7,033
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I'm the stupid one
    nobody gonna argue that

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I'm the stupid one, yet you go and accuse NE of buying a title (see post above) and later deny saying it. Sorry, buying a championship does not encompass trades, where you have to give up draft capital or players in exchange for players. Do you want me to clarify by saying Denver bought Super Bowl 50 through free agency? Because they did...

    As for Plunkett, this is nothing but a red herring. You focus on this yet have not answered the underlying question, "how many good QBs has Denver drafted in its history?" You point to poorly researched articles written by NE patriots fans, yet I pointed to a well-researched book on NE Patriots history which states that Plunkett was traded because he didn't get along with the coach and didn't fit into a new system they were installing in NE. Do you know who else was near the top of the league in INTS during that time period? Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Fran Tarkenton, Archie Manning, and to a lesser degree Roger Staubach. Now come up with something intelligent to say for once!
    LOL..... You keep angling things to fit your narrative.... You say Denver bought a championship to which I respond with "Players that helped Patriots win Superbowl titles..... Guess they bought those titles too" not just "they bought those titles too". You dont want to fully quote me because it doesn't fit your narrative.... I continue to say it doesn't matter how they are acquired. Every player is paid to do a job. You're so ignorant to understand the business of the league. You talk about homegrown QB's and how that's the only way, I guess? Now you tweak it for trades with other players? Then tweak it more because I guess FA signings are somehow lesser value or something? Get out of here with that garbage. Again, PROVE THAT I SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NE PLAYERS BEING BROUGHT IN AS FA. I honestly don't care how they were acquired. They were brought in to help win a Super Bowl, and they were successful!!! No argument from me on how they did it.

    Dude, Plunkett sucked while in NE. I've provided links to rankings and hes nowhere to be seen. I've shared articles, (not just the one from a Pat's page, nor just a Pat's fan). I even quoted from your "well researched book, "Pats fans were coming to realize that the hope that Plunkett had represented a couple of years earlier, (rookie season), was just another false promise. There was plenty of sympathy for the man, whom everybody liked and respected, but fans were human beings second and football fans first. So they did what any fan base does when things go south in a hurry: they took it out on the "Star". Pats fans turned on Jim Plunkett like the rabid dogs they were". Only reason that happens? He sucked!!! I've provided factual statistics.... Again, I DONT CARE NOR DEBATED WHY HE WAS TRADED!!!! Bringing up other QB's from that era who were SB champions and absolutely did not have the crap stats Plunkett had for 4 straight seasons combined, will get you nowhere. Good Lord you are ignorant! You are digging your hole deeper by moving the goalposts and looking how to tweak the debate. Facts have been presented, and since you once told us about your great law firm, I'd figured you'd finally move on. You failed and the facts stack up against your opinions. Move on from this topic.
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 06-04-2020 at 06:51 AM.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I'm the stupid one, yet you go and accuse NE of buying a title (see post above) and later deny saying it. Sorry, buying a championship does not encompass trades, where you have to give up draft capital or players in exchange for players. Do you want me to clarify by saying Denver bought Super Bowl 50 through free agency? Because they did...

    As for Plunkett, this is nothing but a red herring. You focus on this yet have not answered the underlying question, "how many good QBs has Denver drafted in its history?" You point to poorly researched articles written by NE patriots fans, yet I pointed to a well-researched book on NE Patriots history which states that Plunkett was traded because he didn't get along with the coach and didn't fit into a new system they were installing in NE. Do you know who else was near the top of the league in INTS during that time period? Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Fran Tarkenton, Archie Manning, and to a lesser degree Roger Staubach. Now come up with something intelligent to say for once!
    I am done debating my facts against your opinion on Plunkett. I get it. He was a Pat, so you defend him. Now, since my facts don't seem to matter against your opinions, it a done deal.

    I want to post at least one last time on the "buying a Championship". I want you to take off your red/blue glasses for a second. disconnect your bias and just answer these questions I'm going to ask. No arguing, just answer the questions after this little story I write, okay??

    TB12 has opened a new automotive company. It's in the pickup truck market and is competing with Ford, Chevy, and Dodge. Lets call it, the Pat. Now, TB12 wants to dive into the diesel market and tries to build a diesel engine of his own. It's just not getting there, so he contacts another group, lets call it the Buc, and trades his design for another design to help him develop a new diesel to compete with the Powerstroke of Ford, the Cummins of Dodge, and the Duramax of Chevy. Now the newly developed diesel engine that has been placed in the Pat truck is not performing as well as they like. After 2 years on the market, the Pat Diesel is still being beat out by Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. Out of nowhere, Dodge has decided it is getting out of the diesel market so Cummins Turbo Technologies is an independent company looking for a new home. TB12 reaches out and signs a contract with Cummins Turbo Technologies to place the Cummins in the Pat trucks!! It only takes a couple months for the Pat to be the top selling diesel truck on the market. TB12 is riding high!!!

    Here's the questions:

    Is the Cummins engine now devalued because it's in a different truck?

    Is the TB12 Pat truck now less significant or should it be looked down upon for becoming the top truck on the market with the Cummins?

    Did it matter that TB12 acquired his top dog truck by the self built engine (Draft pick), or the other group the Buc (the trade), or buy/contract with Cummins (the FA)???



    Look, just like any other business out there, the NFL is a buy, sell, trade company. All players are the tools for success. It makes no difference, nor does it devalue any team or player by the way players are acquired. All draft picks, FA, or traded players are paid, (bought), to achieve the greatest outcome of winning a Super Bowl. Now stop trying to use it as an argument. It makes you sound ignorant and even jealous that someone else had success and the Pats didn't that season. Pats have plenty to be happy about without you acting a fool and only arguing to argue...... Move on to another topic.
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 06-04-2020 at 06:54 AM.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I am done debating my facts against your opinion on Plunkett. I get it. He was a Pat, so you defend him. Now, since my facts don't seem to matter against your opinions, it a done deal.

    I want to post at least one last time on the "buying a Championship". I want you to take off your red/blue glasses for a second. disconnect your bias and just answer these questions I'm going to ask. No arguing, just answer the questions after this little story I write, okay??

    TB12 has opened a new automotive company. It's in the pickup truck market and is competing with Ford, Chevy, and Dodge. Lets call it, the Pat. Now, TB12 wants to dive into the diesel market and tries to build a diesel engine of his own. It's just not getting there, so he contacts another group, lets call it the Buc, and trades his design for another design to help him develop a new diesel to compete with the Powerstroke of Ford, the Cummins of Dodge, and the Duramax of Chevy. Now the newly developed diesel engine that has been placed in the Pat truck is not performing as well as they like. After 2 years on the market, the Pat Diesel is still being beat out by Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. Out of nowhere, Dodge has decided it is getting out of the diesel market so Cummins Turbo Technologies is an independent company looking for a new home. TB12 reaches out and signs a contract with Cummins Turbo Technologies to place the Cummins in the Pat trucks!! It only takes a couple months for the Pat to be the top selling diesel truck on the market. TB12 is riding high!!!

    Here's the questions:

    Is the Cummins engine now devalued because it's in a different truck?

    Is the TB12 Pat truck now less significant or should it be looked down upon for becoming the top truck on the market with the Cummins?

    Did it matter that TB12 acquired his top dog truck by the self built engine (Draft pick), or the other group the Buc (the trade), or buy/contract with Cummins (the FA)???



    Look, just like any other business out there, the NFL is a buy, sell, trade company. All players are the tools for success. It makes no difference, nor does it devalue any team or player by the way players are acquired. All draft picks, FA, or traded players are paid, (bought), to achieve the greatest outcome of winning a Super Bowl. Now stop trying to use it as an argument. It makes you sound ignorant and even jealous that someone else had success and the Pats didn't that season. Pats have plenty to be happy about without you acting a fool and only arguing to argue...... Move on to another topic.
    Again, what facts do you have to support that "he sucked" other than an opinion by some random Pats fan? Was he great? No, but his numbers indicated that he did not suck.

    1971 - 2nd in TDs, 10th passing yards, 9th in INTs, 17th completion %

    1972 - 22nd in TDs, 7th passing yards, 2nd in INTs, 21st completion %

    1973 - 11th in TDs, 2nd passing yards, 3rd in INTs, 15th completion %

    1974 - 4th in TDs, 6th passing yards, 2nd in INTs, 20th completion %

    Considering he did not play on a great team, he didn't do so badly, especially in TDs and passing yards. INTs and completion % could have been better but the Pats were not a good team back then. And as I said, lots of GOOD players were at the top of the league in INTs. So enough with "he sucked" because "I don't like the Pats and I'm going to prove TommyBrady12 wrong" garbage. Besides, Plunkett was statistically better than any QB the Broncos drafted...that is a fact.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 06-04-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Again, what facts do you have to support that "he sucked" other than an opinion by some random Pats fan? Was he great? No, but his numbers indicated that he did not suck.

    1971 - 2nd in TDs, 10th passing yards,
    6th from the bottom in INTs, 5th from the bottom in completion % 19/16 TD/Int ratio

    1972 - 22nd in TDs, 7th passing yards,
    2nd to last in INTs, 4th to the bottom in completion % 8/25 TD/Int ratio..... HUGE WHOOPS

    1973 - 11th in TDs, 2nd passing yards,
    3rd to last in INTs, 3rd to last in completion % 13/17 TD/Int ratio..... WHOOPS

    1974 - 4th in TDs, 6th passing yards,
    tied for last in INTs, 5th to last completion % 19/22 TD/Int ratio.... WHOOPS

    Considering he did not play on a great team, he didn't do so badly, especially in TDs and passing yards. INTs and completion % could have been better but the Pats were not a good team back then. And as I said, lots of GOOD players were at the top of the league in INTs. So enough with "he sucked" because "I don't like the Pats and I'm going to prove TommyBrady12 wrong" garbage. Besides, Plunkett was statistically better than any QB the Broncos drafted...that is a fact.
    I fixed your stat lines for you. I put it in perspective to the league rather than just posting numbers. He was in the bottom 6 in completion % and int's all 4 seasons. In 3 of his 4 seasons as a Pat he completed more passes to the other team than he did TD's to his own teammates. In fact, he threw more passes to the other team AND the ground than he did his own teammates all four seasons. I repeat, the articles I posted weren't just from one Pat's fan. Go back and look. In fact, part was quoted from the book YOU told me to look at. He sucked in NE...... You can complain about his team surrounding him. You can bring up other players, but we're not talking about them. Of course he threw for more yards than most. He was top 4 in attempts in 3 of those years and 6th the other year, (most passes to the other team and the ground). Theres more to the quality of a player than just yards and TD's. You have to put it perspective to the entire stat line. It's like reading a history book about a battle and how great it was that we won the battle, but you ignore the great loss of men on the battlefield and how that affected the families. YAY, WE WON!!! Wait, 5,000 families lost their father and brother? I didnt see that part......

    I'm not going to debate on Broncos QB drafting. As I have said in numerous posts (including the one above you didn't respond too), I don't care how a player is acquired. I think Denver has done well without drafting every QB they've had. In fact, up until a couple years ago, from the time Plunkett was drafted by the Pats (early 70's), Denver had one of the best winning percentages in all of sports. Up until a couple years ago, Denver had more Super Bowl appearances than losing seasons in that time frame. The NFL is a business, and Denver did fine the way they ran the business. Bark up someone else's tree with that one!!
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 06-04-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •