• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Again, what facts do you have to support that "he sucked" other than an opinion by some random Pats fan? Was he great? No, but his numbers indicated that he did not suck.

1971 - 2nd in TDs, 10th passing yards, 9th in INTs, 17th completion %

1972 - 22nd in TDs, 7th passing yards, 2nd in INTs, 21st completion %

1973 - 11th in TDs, 2nd passing yards, 3rd in INTs, 15th completion %

1974 - 4th in TDs, 6th passing yards, 2nd in INTs, 20th completion %

Considering he did not play on a great team, he didn't do so badly, especially in TDs and passing yards. INTs and completion % could have been better but the Pats were not a good team back then. And as I said, lots of GOOD players were at the top of the league in INTs. So enough with "he sucked" because "I don't like the Pats and I'm going to prove TommyBrady12 wrong" garbage. Besides, Plunkett was statistically better than any QB the Broncos drafted...that is a fact.
    So it’s clear your eyes tell you nothing, it’s clear that they lie to you even.

STOP POSTING STATS AND GO WATCH HIS FILM YOU RIDICULOUS BABY

Putz

Comment

• Stackhouser
      All-Pro
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      So it’s clear your eyes tell you nothing, it’s clear that they lie to you even.

STOP POSTING STATS AND GO WATCH HIS FILM YOU RIDICULOUS BABY

Putz
      YES PLEASE Boomhauer!!!!! We all know you never saw Plunkett play. Go watch film. He was not good in New England!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Stackhouser
        All-Pro
        • Aug 2008

Here, I went back and got what I posted so you can stop saying it was one Patriot fan writing the analysis of Plunkett.....

Straight from a Patriots page - https://www.patspulpit.com/2016/11/1...clayborn-ivory

"Plunkett failed to build upon a promising rookie campaign. His numbers stagnated while the Patriots went 3-11 in 1972 and 5-9 in 1973, the first year under head coach Chuck Fairbanks. While, the team’s record improved to 7-7 in 1974 (mostly because of solid defensive play), Plunkett failed to substantially improve his performances and remained an inconsistent and at times mistake-prone passer".

ESPN - https://www.espn.com/classic/biograp...nkett_Jim.html

"An outstanding rookie year in the NFL with the New England Patriots preceded numerous injuries and a drift to the ranks of the ordinary".

Fox Sports - https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...terback-081514

"Drafted No. 1 overall by the New England Patriots in 1971, Plunkett forged a career that was solid if unspectacular, and it looked like he was washed up after two miserable seasons with the San Francisco 49ers ended in 1977".

LA Times - https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-xp...124-story.html

"Nearly a decade into his professional career, the No. 1 pick in the 1971 draft had been all but branded an NFL washout, his promising rookie-of-the-year season with the New England Patriots notwithstanding".

Basically, besides his rookie season, (which wasn't amazing, even in that era), he sucked until his last couple seasons with the Raiders. This time-frame, and only this time-frame is what he will be remembered for. A RAIDER!!!

1970's QB rankings

NO PLUNKETT - https://sportsnaut.com/2015/07/top-1...-of-the-1970s/

NO PLUNKETT - https://thereadoptional.com/the-grea...0s-c262736bde8

NO PLUNKETT - https://thegruelingtruth.com/footbal...-10-qbs-1970s/

NO PLUNKETT - https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...12680_31733516
        Last edited by Stackhouser; 06-04-2020, 11:52 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
          Banned User
          • Dec 2004

Besides, Plunkett was statistically better than any QB the Broncos drafted...that is a fact.
          Really? Well since you like looking up stats, go look up Brian Griese’s stats. In all your ignorance you don’t realize that Tom Brady’s Mentor at Michigan was putting up far better number until he tore up his shoulder early on in his career causing an early exit from the NFL.

It’s too bad Griese’s career ended early because if fully healthy and under Mike Shanahan, your pansies would not Even have the asterisk titles they have today.

Comment

• TommyBrady12
            Practice Squad
            • Jan 2014

Again geniuses, I said Plunkett was STATISTICALLY decent in his NE years, which I proved to you above with the rankings. Did I say he was a HOFer in NE? Nope. Did I say he was a pro bowler? Nope. Please learn to read and quit posting crap articles that tell me nothing.

At this point, who cares? I brought him up and Stakhoser keeps harping on it because he has nothing to say about the Broncos never drafting a single good QB in its ENTIRE history. That is the topic on hand.
            Last edited by TommyBrady12; 06-04-2020, 02:06 PM.
            Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• Stackhouser
              All-Pro
              • Aug 2008

Again geniuses, I said Plunkett was STATISTICALLY decent in his NE years, which I proved to you above with the rankings. Did I say he was a HOFer in NE? Nope. Did I say he was a pro bowler? Nope. Please learn to read and quit posting crap articles that tell me nothing.

At this point, who cares? I brought him up and Stakhoser keeps harping on it because he has nothing to say about the Broncos never drafting a single good QB in its ENTIRE history. That is the topic on hand.
              No you did not!!!! And I quote, "Jim Plunkett statistically was one of the top 10 QBs in the NFL from 1971-1974". Not once have you said he was Statistically "decent", (which is a stretch to say). You said he was a top 10 QB in the NFL during his NE years. You haven't provided anything in your rankings. I've actually provided the best QB's on the 70's in rankings and he's nowhere to be seen!! The facts were presented. He sucked. He was booed out of his own stadium, why? Because he sucked. He was not good!!!

I will agree with part of your post. Who cares?? Just like, who cares how the Broncos QB's were acquired?? They've won with whomever they got, however they got them. Stop arguing idiotic points. You never answered my questions from the other post!!!!

Topic at hand is "Little Ms. Brady"...... I mean, that is the thread title, right???

You lost the Plunkett debate and nobody cares how Denver acquired QB's........... Suck it up Buttercup!!
              sigpic

Comment

• TommyBrady12
                Practice Squad
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
                No you did not!!!! And I quote, "Jim Plunkett statistically was one of the top 10 QBs in the NFL from 1971-1974". Not once have you said he was Statistically "decent", (which is a stretch to say). You said he was a top 10 QB in the NFL during his NE years. You haven't provided anything in your rankings. I've actually provided the best QB's on the 70's in rankings and he's nowhere to be seen!! The facts were presented. He sucked. He was booed out of his own stadium, why? Because he sucked. He was not good!!!

I will agree with part of your post. Who cares?? Just like, who cares how the Broncos QB's were acquired?? They've won with whomever they got, however they got them. Stop arguing idiotic points. You never answered my questions from the other post!!!!

Topic at hand is "Little Ms. Brady"...... I mean, that is the thread title, right???

You lost the Plunkett debate and nobody cares how Denver acquired QB's........... Suck it up Buttercup!!
                Again, I said STATISTICALLY a top 10 QB. Learn to read! And he was - in 2 of the most important categories, yards and TDs. He even broke the record for most TDs for a rookie QB. Then you said he also threw a lot of INTS. and then I responded that so were other top QBs of that era including HOFers Fran Tarkenton, Namath, Griese etc. It was a different league back in the early 70s (you should know, you were alive to watch) when completion percentages seldom were over 60% and QBs threw a bunch of picks. And the Patriots as a team sucked during that period, which made him not play nearly as well as he could have.

Again. Plunkett is just one guy I mentioned. NE still drafted Brady, Bledsoe, and Garoppolo and developed two of those. Who did Denver draft? Brian Griese, as your son Sammy Z is thumping his chest about? What does it mean for Lock, who was drafted by the Broncos when the Broncos don't exactly have a great history drafting QBs? You can argue Plunkett sucked, but he is WAY better than any QB Denver has drafted.
                Last edited by TommyBrady12; 06-04-2020, 05:36 PM.
                Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• TommyBrady12
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jan 2014

Perhaps instead of worrying about Brady, you all should worry about your coach who said racism doesn't exist in the NFL. That's going to go really well with a lockerroom that's 70% black.

The media's kicking his a$$ lol

Stephen A. Smith, Jalen Rose and Domonique Foxworth react to Denver Broncos head coach Vic Fangio's recent comments saying he doesn't see racism or discrimin...
                  Last edited by TommyBrady12; 06-04-2020, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2004

Perhaps instead of worrying about Brady, you all should worry about your coach who said racism doesn't exist in the NFL. That's going to go really well with a lockerroom that's 70% black.

The media's kicking his a$$ lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqVDmba7qOo
                    He made a mistake but at least he don’t support human trafficking

Comment

• Stackhouser
                      All-Pro
                      • Aug 2008

Again, I said STATISTICALLY a top 10 QB. Learn to read! And he was - in 2 of the most important categories, yards and TDs. He even broke the record for most TDs for a rookie QB. Then you said he also threw a lot of INTS. and then I responded that so were other top QBs of that era including HOFers Fran Tarkenton, Namath, Griese etc. It was a different league back in the early 70s (you should know, you were alive to watch) when completion percentages seldom were over 60% and QBs threw a bunch of picks. And the Patriots as a team sucked during that period, which made him not play nearly as well as he could have.

Again. Plunkett is just one guy I mentioned. NE still drafted Brady, Bledsoe, and Garoppolo and developed two of those. Who did Denver draft? Brian Griese, as your son Sammy Z is thumping his chest about? What does it mean for Lock, who was drafted by the Broncos when the Broncos don't exactly have a great history drafting QBs? You can argue Plunkett sucked, but he is WAY better than any QB Denver has drafted.
                      You are an extremely hard headed tool!! You just go round and round in circles..... "he's top 10" no I said "he was just decent" no, "he's top 10"....... in a complete statistic line they come up with a QB rating, or QBR. This factors ALL stats, not just yards and TD's. Passer rating is calculated using a player's passing attempts, completions, yards, touchdowns, and interceptions. Here is where Plunkett ranked in his 4 seasons in NE.

1971 - ranked 11th
                      1972 - ranked 26th
                      1973 - ranked 16th
                      1974 - ranked 18th

You see, you are completely WRONG. He was never statistically top 10. Maybe in two stat lines, but theres more to it than that. You have to see the big picture. I'm done slapping your ignorant Boomhauer blabber on this issue. Maybe a little info to make you feel better about Plunkett, he really wasn't all that great. He only had a couple years with the Raiders that he was maybe better than decent.........

I think you have the reading problem. Again I will say, who cares how the Broncos QB's were acquired?? Stop arguing idiotic points. I really means nothing. Here, this is for your reading education!

Last edited by Stackhouser; 06-05-2020, 06:50 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• TommyBrady12
                        Practice Squad
                        • Jan 2014

You are an extremely hard headed tool!! You just go round and round in circles..... "he's top 10" no I said "he was just decent" no, "he's top 10"....... in a complete statistic line they come up with a QB rating, or QBR. This factors ALL stats, not just yards and TD's. Passer rating is calculated using a player's passing attempts, completions, yards, touchdowns, and interceptions. Here is where Plunkett ranked in his 4 seasons in NE.

1971 - ranked 11th
                        1972 - ranked 26th
                        1973 - ranked 16th
                        1974 - ranked 18th

You see, you are completely WRONG. He was never statistically top 10. Maybe in two stat lines, but theres more to it than that. You have to see the big picture. I'm done slapping your ignorant Boomhauer blabber on this issue. Maybe a little info to make you feel better about Plunkett, he really wasn't all that great. He only had a couple years with the Raiders that he was maybe better than decent.........

I think you have the reading problem. Again I will say, who cares how the Broncos QB's were acquired?? Stop arguing idiotic points. I really means nothing. Here, this is for your reading education!

https://www.hookedonphonics.com/
                        Apparently you are a bigger moron than I thought. You rely on QB rating and PFF (in previous posts) as your "proof." So, according to you, Kirk Cousins is better than Joe Montana...

In the world of passer rating, Kirk Cousins is better than Joe Montana; Derek Carr and Matt Schaub top Dan Marino; and, after one season, Broadway Sam Darnold is running circles around Broadway Joe Namath.
                        And based on QB rating it means that in 1971 Plunkett was better than Unitas, Tarkenton, and Bradshaw. In 1972, Billy Kilmer was the 2nd best QB in the league. In 1973, Plunkett had a higher QB rating than Bradshaw and Fouts. In 1974, he had a higher QB rating than Bradshaw, Fouts, and Manning.

Derp!
                        Last edited by TommyBrady12; 06-05-2020, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Stackhouser
                          All-Pro
                          • Aug 2008

Apparently you are a bigger moron than I thought. You rely on QB rating and PFF (in previous posts) as your "proof." So, according to you, Kirk Cousins is better than Joe Montana...

And based on QB rating it means that in 1971 Plunkett was better than Unitas, Tarkenton, and Bradshaw. In 1972, Billy Kilmer was the 2nd best QB in the league. In 1973, Plunkett had a higher QB rating than Bradshaw and Fouts. In 1974, he had a higher QB rating than Bradshaw, Fouts, and Manning.

Derp!
                          LOL..... You are such a tool!!!!! STATS DON'T LIE!!!! I don't use PFF as my info. Never have. You just don't want to face reality on Plunkett.

No, Kirk Cousins isn't better than Montana. Cousins has had, statistically, really good stats though. In this day and age of the rule changes to protect the QB, it's a lot easier to put up numbers. It's dubbed as a passers league now. That's an ignorant angle to pull for discussion. You're comparing a 15 year career that was consistently successful during the time receivers were draped in coverage and Montana took hits nearly every play to a career where Cousins has only been a starter for 5 years when his receivers had a cushion and nobody is allowed to hit him..... Don't be so narrow minded and look at everything involved....... Seriously?!?!

And maybe Plunkett had better numbers one season than a handful of others...... So what?? He was NOT good!!!
                          Last edited by Stackhouser; 06-05-2020, 07:53 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Stackhouser
                            All-Pro
                            • Aug 2008

Just go watch film on Plunkett during his New England playing days without your Pats fan bias....... Seriously watch how he played and see. WITHOUT BIAS!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2004

Just go watch film on Plunkett during his New England playing days without your Pats fan bias....... Seriously watch how he played and see. WITHOUT BIAS!!
                              A perfect example on this would be Mike Anderson and Clinton Portis. We all loved the corporal, he’s a fantastic human being and his stats in Denver may suggest he had a better career than Portis did in Washington but we all know how good Portis was.

I love Champ Bailey, but man what could’ve been if Portis didn’t have such a mouth, if Shanahan would’ve had more patience, and bowlen dismissed Ellis instead and we paired Portis and Plummer we may of had something special.

Comment

• TommyBrady12
                                Practice Squad
                                • Jan 2014

I have seen film of him. Everyone knows his team around him sucked. It was not until he got to Oakland that his career took off because his team was better.

Comment

Working...
                                X