Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Uniforms...

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    The blue with orange strips unis were done just over 20 years ago.

I think it was 2012 we went back to Orange jerseys.

Are you saying you think 8 years is too long?
    Maybe you just do not like the Orange jersey?
    Maybe you not really even care if it has been 2 years you want a new look?

Its all good....this is the internet where we all share what we hope happens.
    They debuted in 1997, so 23 years ago.

I don't think he's talking about the color of jersey but rather the design, which has remained fairly steady for the 23 years, with the only real style change being the Nike swoosh along the pants (I know they say it's not, but it sure looks like it) being slightly modified during the Reebok years, and then adjusted back when Nike took over in 2012.

I'm with Corey on this one, base a design off the color rush uniforms, while adding white pants. And then have each orange and blue pants to go with the white road uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    From all the reactions to all the new uniforms coming out, I doubt we switch it up anytime soon. Additionally, some teams just don't really change their uniforms. Look at the Pittsburgh's uniforms. Have they really changed their uniforms at all over the years. If they do change it, they've already stated their not going back to the D logo. I would love to see a change personally, as I favored the lighter blue over the dark blue we have now. I just don't think we'll see a change for a while. If the team gets sold, maybe everything gets revamped then to put the new owner's stamp on the team.
    I may be wrong, but I don't believe that's what was said. If I'm not mistaken when asked about the uniforms and the D logo Joe Ellis responded that he won't make that decision and will leave it up to the next majority owner to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    They debuted in 1997, so 23 years ago.

I don't think he's talking about the color of jersey but rather the design, which has remained fairly steady for the 23 years, with the only real style change being the Nike swoosh along the pants (I know they say it's not, but it sure looks like it) being slightly modified during the Reebok years, and then adjusted back when Nike took over in 2012.

I'm with Corey on this one, base a design off the color rush uniforms, while adding white pants. And then have each orange and blue pants to go with the white road uniforms.
    And then the Alternate/throwback/Rush uni would be the "current" Full Blue and Full White. As I understand it, since we have all of those registered with the league for play, it would be an easy switch. I believe they just have to give a 2 year intention first. Someone smarter than me can and should correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm a minority in this and I get that, but it's 2020. I wouldn't mind a little more style, especially with a younger team. I don't think gimmicks like chrome helmets will EVER be a thing in the NFL (see: Oregon) but, snazz it up a little bit. Let's start winning and start looking good doing it.

Hooray, beer!

I like the color rush, but it’s the royal blue on orange that I miss! Every time I see the classic uni with the royal blue, I get that old feeling of Denver Broncos nostalgia.

The navy blue is way too dark for me, I can’t help but think of the Cincinnati Bengals or New York Giants when I see that dark navy blue.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-27-2020 at 09:41 AM.

I’m feeling really old on this topic.

It’s football! It’s a competitive sporting event. I don’t see the need to “snazz it up”. But then, I’m not wearing a lot of neon in my wardrobe either. I understand it is a personal preference. The current trends are too gaudy for my tastes.

What’s next? Rhinestones? Fashion designer’s providing a “show” every week?

The long list of attempts to snazz up the Oregon uniforms is a great example of what I personally dislike concerning sports.

The Orange on Orange on Orange color rush uniforms is way too much for my tastes. Can’t confirm it but I’m pretty sure the Orange used is a brighter shade too.

As I stated, I’m getting old and grumbly. This topic is in direct correlation with some of the over the top celebrations in recent years. Some love the creativity and humor and cant wait to see the “snazzy” celebration on TV. I tend to find most ridiculous.

Running 40 yards after an interception to set up the latest bowling pin knockdown or row your boat celebration for the end zone camera has gone too far IMO. Some find it fun. I guess I’m missing the “fun”

I guess I played in a different era. Still remember my HS coaches’ words of wisdom after a TD. “Act like you been there and you plan on getting back”.

To each his own I guess. Rant over! I’ll be cheering the Broncos on no matter which uniform they choose to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I like the color rush, but it’s the royal blue on orange that I miss! Every time I see the classic uni with the royal blue, I get that old feeling of nostalgia.

The navy blue is way too dark for me, I can’t help but think of the Cincinnati Bengals or New York Giants when I see that dark navy blue.
    If we went old school, that is almost precisely what I would want. I'm just hung up on the SB success relative to the current uniform design. I do really like our current uniforms, but it would make sense to usher in a new era with new uniforms if Lock does wind up being the guy. I've always been one of these "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guys, but I'm open minded.

I like the color rush, but it’s the royal blue on orange that I miss! Every time I see the classic uni with the royal blue, I get that old feeling of nostalgia.

That's pretty sharp IMO, kind of a retro look. The orange on orange looks high school to me, not my preference for the Broncos. In the late Sixties, home was orange on white, and road was white on orange which I thought was good. Helmets are another issue: crazy horse; D horse; or, horsehead/mane logo.

Bengals are Black on Orange........ Just saying LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Bengals are Black on Orange........ Just saying LOL
    Sometime with the TV angles that navy blue sometimes looks black. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    That's pretty sharp IMO, kind of a retro look. The orange on orange looks high school to me, not my preference for the Broncos. In the late Sixties, home was orange on white, and road was white on orange which I thought was good. Helmets are another issue: crazy horse; D horse; or, horsehead/mane logo.
    This would be the helmet that I would choose to go with the color rush or classic jersey!
    All I did was enlarge the Broncos logo, lighten up the navy blue to a dark royal blue and color the face mask a glossy black for a bit of intimidation!

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

It’s football! It’s a competitive sporting event. I don’t see the need to “snazz it up”. But then, I’m not wearing a lot of neon in my wardrobe either. I understand it is a personal preference. The current trends are too gaudy for my tastes.

The long list of attempts to snazz up the Oregon uniforms is a great example of what I personally dislike concerning sports.

The Orange on Orange on Orange color rush uniforms is way too much for my tastes. Can’t confirm it but I’m pretty sure the Orange used is a brighter shade too.

As I stated, I’m getting old and grumbly. This topic is in direct correlation with some of the over the top celebrations in recent years. Some love the creativity and humor and cant wait to see the “snazzy” celebration on TV. I tend to find most ridiculous.

Running 40 yards after an interception to set up the latest bowling pin knockdown or row your boat celebration for the end zone camera has gone too far IMO. Some find it fun. I guess I’m missing the “fun”

I guess I played in a different era. Still remember my HS coaches’ words of wisdom after a TD. “Act like you been there and you plan on getting back”.

To each his own I guess. Rant over! I’ll be cheering the Broncos on no matter which uniform they choose to wear.
    The changes in uniforms are being done to appeal to a larger audience. How many of the younger generation and future generations would tune in to watch teams playing in their throwbacks every single week? It’d probably still be a lot because it’s a great game but not as many as the NFL believes they can captivate into becoming devoted fans. The color rush unis have run their course and I’m surprised they’re still around, I thought it’d be a one or two season thing. I’d prefer to wear the blue on blue for those games personally and the other team should always wear white on white in those games as it does become obnoxious to look at for 3+ hours. I think the Rams and the Bucs had one of those games, it was tough to watch.

Personally the navy blue uniform they switched to when we won the super bowl was my favorite particularly because the logo was the best in the NFL at the time IMO, and they became my favorite team because of that which is why I think the new uniforms are appealing to the youth because that logo was for me when I was a kid. The new orange iteration isn’t quite as appealing to me so I wouldn’t be opposed to a change. I do like the image Sam posted earlier with the royal blue.

The NFL will never go the college route of having so many uniforms, but colleges started doing it to give them an edge in recruiting, just trying to appeal to young kids coming out of HS.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

I'm right there with your analogy. Over the decades some teams needed to do an upgrade or two but like you, I'm old school for the most part. As I stated earlier in this thread, I wouldn't mind switching back and forth during the season from the Broncos eighties uniforms to current uniforms. They're both cool.

As far as the hot dogging and lame celebrations....I hate it. High Fives and Chest Bumps are one thing but making a good tackle and then acting like you just made the winning score in a Super Bowl is ridiculous. I like class....like the great Barry Sanders. Run for 30 or 40 yards, get up at the end of the play, toss the ball to the closest ref, then jog back to the huddle or sideline. No Showboating!

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I donn't know. He looks like a traffic cone with legs. Put reflective stripes on his helmet and put him out at night and cars will swerve.I like the old Denver D ones but with 3 superbowl wins behind them (1st one being the first year of the new Uniforms and Horse on the helmet, I'm perfectly fine with these. They have served us well. I would love to switch back and forth between them.

But, then again, as another poster said, I am a little up there and set in my ways.
    "He looks like a traffic cone with legs." You nailed it! So true. Too much orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I may be wrong, but I don't believe that's what was said. If I'm not mistaken when asked about the uniforms and the D logo Joe Ellis responded that he won't make that decision and will leave it up to the next majority owner to decide.
    From Joe Ellis when asked if Denver would switch back to the old logo, "That’s something I won’t [do]".

Article here: https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...d-helmet-logo/

As I also stated, until we get an owner, I doubt anything drastic is going to get changed anytime soon. It doesn't seem like Ellis wants to make those decisions. I think that decision is based upon him trying to honor Pat Bowlen, and the rational that it's not really his team, therefore, not his decision to make. This of course is just speculation. I could be wrong entirely as to why he doesn't want to make that decision.

I like the color rush, but it’s the royal blue on orange that I miss! Every time I see the classic uni with the royal blue, I get that old feeling of Denver Broncos nostalgia.

I would be totally content if the only thing they changed was changing blue back to the old color.