Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Uniforms...

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    From Joe Ellis when asked if Denver would switch back to the old logo, "That’s something I won’t [do]".

Article here: https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...d-helmet-logo/

As I also stated, until we get an owner, I doubt anything drastic is going to get changed anytime soon. It doesn't seem like Ellis wants to make those decisions. I think that decision is based upon him trying to honor Pat Bowlen, and the rational that it's not really his team, therefore, not his decision to make. This of course is just speculation. I could be wrong entirely as to why he doesn't want to make that decision.
    You cut the quote off. He said it was something he won't do as acting controlling owner, and implies that he'll leave it to the next controlling owner to decide.

But I do agree that there will be no major changes until there's a true controlling owner in place. But that doesn't mean the team won't be doing a redesign behind the scenes, just that they'll leave it up to the next owner to make the decision on things.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Are you sure?

I'd be very afraid...
    Fans seem to blame Nike for all of these awful uniforms, but they'll come up with several designs and then the team will make the decision. So behind all 4 of those uniforms was an owner who said "yep, that's the one" when looking at these designs.

Speaking as a Tennessee Vols fan, I get the idea of rarely making things different. The Smoky Gray uniforms are quite sharp, with dark matte gray and orange, but nothing says Tennesse Vols like the classic crisp orange jerseys, white helmets and white pants with an orange stripe. Simple, striking, timeless and unmistakable. I think Denver has a similar thing going. Why mess with a good thing? Same with the Steelers or Alabama. You have a proud tradition. Uphold it.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    Speaking as a Tennessee Vols fan, I get the idea of rarely making things different. The Smoky Gray uniforms are quite sharp, with dark matte gray and orange, but nothing says Tennesse Vols like the classic crisp orange jerseys, white helmets and white pants with an orange stripe. Simple, striking, timeless and unmistakable. I think Denver has a similar thing going. Why mess with a good thing? Same with the Steelers or Alabama. You have a proud tradition. Uphold it.
    I think thatís what a lot of us are doing with the classic throw backs. Weíve rocked the new age look for years but miss the nostalgia of the old colors at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I like the color rush, but itís the royal blue on orange that I miss! Every time I see the classic uni with the royal blue, I get that old feeling of Denver Broncos nostalgia.

The navy blue is way too dark for me, I canít help but think of the Cincinnati Bengals or New York Giants when I see that dark navy blue.
    Love this one! I was bummin' with the Unie change around 1996, But I got used to it, and we won 3 Super Bowls in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Fans seem to blame Nike for all of these awful uniforms, but they'll come up with several designs and then the team will make the decision. So behind all 4 of those uniforms was an owner who said "yep, that's the one" when looking at these designs.
    I agree. The designs are bad, but the owners / presidents also deserve the blame for approving the uniforms. Perhaps Nike has a great marketing team to sell these ideas, but the owners should be able to figure out that some of these designs would not be well received.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    Get with the times, go back in time. Either or.

The orange top we switched to in 2012 hardly counts if you ask me. It was just a change in the color , maybe so Peyton could see our guys better ( I kid, I kid).
    I like the teams that stick to a uniform and make it a tradition, like the Steelers. Nothing fancy, just a classic uniform that will be recognized while other franchises keep sending uniforms through a revolving door. I believe the Jaguars already changed their uniforms 3 times and the first one remains their best IMO.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I like the teams that stick to a uniform and make it a tradition, like the Steelers. Nothing fancy, just a classic uniform that will be recognized while other franchises keep sending uniforms through a revolving door. I believe the Jaguars already changed their uniforms 3 times and the first one remains their best IMO.
    I guess I could have been more clear.
    I would love to go back to the 1990s look, with maybe a little twist. But I am all for the D!