Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Yeah I remember that championship game, had to watch it through the static. I still think if he catches that we end up winning that game and ultimately the Super Bowl. That set the tone and we couldn’t get it out of our heads but if he caught it Ben would’ve been rattled given his inexperience at the time then it would’ve came down to stopping Bettis but really Willie Parker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Tackling Ronnie Brown. He had that black sling/brace thing he played with. I think he played with a ruptured hamstring that year too. If I remember right, he aggravated it against Philadelphia, and that was when TO made that huge run after the catch.

Speaking of which. AFCC, when Roethlisberger threw an out breaking route on I think Pittsburgh's first drive, and Champ jumped it so hard the ball bounced off of him incomplete. Who knows how that game goes if Champ secures that INT, because it was definitely going the other way for a score.
    All season long Champ has been turning games around with big plays. I thought he deserved Def MVP that year. It is nice to see Bronco fans remember how big Champ was that year!

When I was a young teenager Billy Van Heusen lived next to a friend of mine. One day he punted to us and I couldn't believe how high and far the punts went. Van Heusen played when roster sizes were a lot smaller and he was our punter and our 4th WR.

Lonnie Perrin was another versatile player. He played RB and also kicked off and returned kick offs, which is a really unique combo.

1985 game against the Chargers at Mile High ... game went into OT when Dennis Smith blocked 2 FGs in a row. The first was negated when Harden called a time out just before the snap; I thought that's it, they'll make the 2nd ... BUT NO! Smith blocks the 2nd attempt too and to top it off Louis Wright takes it back for a TD... OT win.

One of the greatest never give up plays was when - I think it was Plummer... I think, threw an end zone interception to Julius Peppers who ran it back almost 99 yards for a touchdown, but Rod Smith hustled him down and caused a forced fumble. I think Carolina kept the ball upon review, but Roddy was the only one who probably thought "I might not catch this guy, but I'm going to try."

It just proved and showed was Rod Smith was as an NFL player and individual. Someone who always worked, always checked his locker to make sure his name was still there and that he had a job. A guy who never gave up.

Love Elway - the GOAT Bronco of course. But Rod Smith is a 1b for me.

My first broncos game. We were here early. And I look up and me and GF were on the jumbotron and I got a pic of that... and a buddy called who turned on the game and saw us at the same time..

Also that game.. I met and had food and drinks with barrel man and crew... then many years later after he passed and I was there again I saw the crew... and I was remembered... that was awesome.. the whole experience..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

The Brandon Marshall TD against the Cowboys to win the game. Catching the ball over Terrence Newmans head, cutting inside, then giving a hard juke back outside and cutting again in the same direction off the juke to get free of another defender. Brandon Marshall may have been a head case here but he gave us plenty of memorable moments on the field.

Sept 17 1995
    Opponent Redskins
    Location - Mile High

4th Qtr. Tie game. One play from OT.

Elway tosses the ball 43 yards for a TD. Clock is at 0. Broncos win

First career catch for Rod Smith.

I saw Rod Smith play live from front row seats not long after that. Not much was done in the game by Rod Smith but even at that time it was clear when Elway and Rod get the chemistry going there was going to be some Mile High Magic
    Last edited by Hadez; 05-29-2020 at 10:05 AM.

I wish Tebow wasn't so stubborn and would have been willing to play other positions. He was a really good football player (not QB) and one of the few that could play all offensive skill positions. He could play FB, RB, TE, H back, a little QB and even played WR for us in a game. It would have been fun to watch him as a "slash" player lined up everywhere.

That pass from Elway to Rod Smith in the Super Bowl was pretty awesome.

If Champ Bailey makes that pick 6 instead of giving up the first down, Broncos go to the Super Bowl and beat Seattle.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

My first game at Wembley was great despite a losing effort against SF, however it didnt come close to Green Bay last September. That's a memory that'll last a lifetime, helped that I ended up sat by a group of Broncos fans! That said the Packers fans were very welcoming.

I miss old Mile High when the fans would get the stadium swaying and the TV announcers would ask, "Is this safe?" as the booth was rocking and rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    That pass from Elway to Rod Smith in the Super Bowl was pretty awesome.
    That was one of the 3 plays I have stored in the same box, because it was so amazing, plus it gave me confidence that we would win. The other two SB memories are when John Mobley broke up the 4th down pass against Green Bay, and Von stripping the ball to from Newton to pretty much seal the deal.

These were only 3 plays, and it took so much more to win those 3 championships, but each one of them gave me a huge sense of relief and enjoyment, given when they occurred and how important the game.

The mini vaca my wife and I spent in Denver, catching our first game ever, and enjoying the sights and sounds of Denver and surrounding area! And then to bump into Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, two great hockey players (in town to play The Avs), at a traffic intersection, while strolling around after supper.

Winning Super Bowl 32 is my ultimate memory.

I had tears running down my face at the bar and all my life long friends (none were Broncos fans) were congratulating me for the first time in my life.

I grew up in Canada. All through high school I would get bashed hard on being a die hard Broncos fan. I hated to go to school the next day after those three Super Bowl blowouts where we got dominated. Nevertheless, I wore my Broncos jacket to school proudly, defending my team with every ounce I had.

It was years of emotions that swirled through me that special Sunday evening. Everything else seems like bonus since than

Go Broncos!
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy