Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Iím curious as to what the escalation of force procedures are for police. It seems like the intermediate weapons step is all too often skipped.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Iím curious as to what the escalation of force procedures are for police. It seems like the intermediate weapons step is all too often skipped.
    I absolutely agree, it seems like the taser or other options aren't used. It does seem like they go straight for the gun. However, in this situation that Bronx just talked about the individual took one of the officers taser guns in the fight. What is the officer supposed to do? Maybe the other officer should have used his taser gun? They could have had a taze off?

When it comes down to it like I said way earlier in this thread, do not resist arrest! Do not fight the police officers when you are clearly in the wrong and steal their taser gun!! Now we have another incident on top of the already fueled fire and this is just not going to stop. people need to have a certain level of common sense.

The officer in the George Floyd incident clearly was wrong and deserves his punishment. The latest incident in Atlanta? Absolutely not, this officer was doing his job to the letter of the law but it won't be viewed that way unfortunately. It's only going to go down as another white cop shooting another black man and that is wrong

I will not comment yet on the Brooks case, because there is information I need to make an informed decision. I have thoughts about why this even escalated. I also have thoughts about resisting the police.

But I think the issue going forward is, no matter the specific case, as long as videos keep showing up similar to this, it will only make the protesting stay firm.

As for Seattle.....hey, I was never a hippy, though a lot of what I saw in the 60s/70s was fine by me. For the most part, a peaceful group. But for what I see so far, the scene is quite peaceful there as well. Like I have said, I believe this overall approach (even at a global level to some degree) is a movement, and not a sporadic event. It may not be the largest and most activated movements, but it has many of the characteristics that conform to the guidelines, as I can imagine them to be.

In the end, for me anyway, anything that sparks relatively significant change, from the ground level, fits "movement" description.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Truth......

Skin color has nothing to do with this, he grabbed an officers weapon. I want to see the protests for this officer and his rights, Lord knows he needs it. Granted if that did happen it would spark the beginning of a civil war, unfortunately
    Absolutely true. How are police officers supposed to determine where the line is to be drawn in a quickly escalating bad situation. Human emotions during a bad situation allows for not making a perfect decision. How is a LAW ENFORCEMENT officer expected to make the PERFECT DECISION 100% of the time? Impossible, they're human beings and no human being will always make the best decision 100% of the time.

And as I stated in a post earlier in this thread. All problems, negative issues, bad situations have a ROOT CAUSE.

There is enough evidence in the video that Mr. Brooks appeared to be under the influence of something and then due to poor judgement for whatever reason he made the decision to RESIST ARREST, ROOT CAUSE thus forcing the officer to make a choice, good or bad, in a split second.

AND, I truly believe if the situation was exactly the same but it was a WHITE GUY, the outcome would have been the same.

In my opinion, Mr. Brooks would still be alive if he had not resisted arrest. HE WAS THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM!

I find it a odd that Black leaders are not addressing the issue of ROOT CAUSE created by people, BLACK, BROWN and WHITE when a negative situation develops. ALL COINS HAVE TWO SIDES and only ONE SIDE OF THE COIN is being analyzed and judged here!
    Last edited by jazzbodog; 06-15-2020 at 09:18 AM.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I’m curious as to what the escalation of force procedures are for police. It seems like the intermediate weapons step is all too often skipped.
    Like maybe a taser?

I absolutely agree, it seems like the taser or other options aren't used. It does seem like they go straight for the gun. However, in this situation that Bronx just talked about the individual took one of the officers taser guns in the fight. What is the officer supposed to do? Maybe the other officer should have used his taser gun? They could have had a taze off?

When it comes down to it like I said way earlier in this thread, do not resist arrest! Do not fight the police officers when you are clearly in the wrong and steal their taser gun!! Now we have another incident on top of the already fueled fire and this is just not going to stop. people need to have a certain level of common sense.

The officer in the George Floyd incident clearly was wrong and deserves his punishment. The latest incident in Atlanta? Absolutely not, this officer was doing his job to the letter of the law but it won't be viewed that way unfortunately. It's only going to go down as another white cop shooting another black man and that is wrong
    It wasnít necessarily for this particular incident rather more in general. As for this incident it was a similar incident to what happened with Bradley Roby when he came out. He was asleep in his car on the side of the road. He told them he stayed a few blocks away and could walk home but procedure dictates that he to be arrested so he can sober up before he tries to drive again. They did what they were supposed to. If he hadnít resisted he likely spends the rest of the night in a cell, maybe gets a lesser dui charge if at all and pays to get his car back after it got impounded. I donít think that the cop should be charged with murder, but I do think that it should seriously be considered that he be removed from the force, just like they would if this was the military.

But I do wonder if cops are ever given non lethal rounds. I donít feel like they are unless itís a specific situation just because you donít want to grab a mag of non lethal rounds in a shootout.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 06-15-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Ok, one cleanup done.

Sadly, mostly for one persons posts... but any more cleaning needed and this thread is done...which is too bad... for the most part a decent conversation is happening.,

Yes... The Sins of the Few Cause the Punishment of the Many...if you see something that is detrimental...report it, or ignore it.. donít quote or respond.., Mids can deal with it and the decent part of the conversation can continue.

hope you all are safe in this weird 2020...
    Good morning.... little cleaning done.., letís make sure we donít start attacking each other here....dialogue not a debate, or argument whoís view is correct
    Ok. We Hit the for limits for here will all this talk of race talk of race and crime...

Curve the conversation another direction, and curb the hostility or the thread needs to be closed..,
    Thanks, EM. Appreciate you.

Like the ideas....but letís stays llloooooonnnggggggg way away from kneeling ...please..we have had that blowup here before...and it ended ugly..

Anthems and Protests --- While we certainly understand the frustration by fans on all sides of the discussion, we have decided to keep the Broncos Country message boards separate from politics. Recent events have brought the NFL to the forefront of political debates, but due to the highly emotional and passionate discussion it tends to involve, we think itís best to continue to keep politics and this forum separate. Yes, the forum is meant for discussion, but weíd like to keep that discussion to football as much as possible. With everything going on in our country, it would be nice to keep our complaints and cheers purely related to football here. If you feel passionately, there are plenty of other outlets available to you to express your opinions. We know this isnít the most popular decision, but we ask that you respect it. Thank you for understanding. --Broncos Country Message Board Staff

The above is still posted on the log-in page.

We've had some complaints for keeping this thread open. We have had some "thank yous" for keeping it open.

We would like to keep it open for those that want to participate.

I think it's a very necessary conversation.

I think it can be done without it going political.

I think it can be done in a respectful manner.

I think we can learn a lot from each other.

We need your cooperation, though. Thanks.
    Just a friendly reminder. This has already been mentioned but I will repeat what other mods have already stated.

Keep it respectful (for the most part it has).

Keep out the politics.

Truth......

Skin color has nothing to do with this, he grabbed an officers weapon. I want to see the protests for this officer and his rights, Lord knows he needs it. Granted if that did happen it would spark the beginning of a civil war, unfortunately
    yea the problem for him is its happened in the middle of these protests so most leaders just want to pander to the baying mob, in this case the Atlanta mayor is afraid of being criticised and losing her position.

I think he, like a lot of good police men and women, could be in a lot of trouble over the next few months in terms of increased violence towards them, hesitation to do their job for fear of another over-reaction, and just general abuse.

The vast majority of police, whatever colour or gender, are good people who went into the job to serve the public. They go into some dangerous situations every day and I think all the pandering the media have done to these mobs have made a tough and dangerous job even worse.

I feel bad for kids who have to watch their mum or dad cops going into work at the moment knowing they could be the subject to horrible abuse and violence.

I wonder if the violence and vandalism done by citizens the last few weeks was far greater than it would have been if so many hadnít been on lockdown since March.

Lots of good points in this thread.

I don't live in the states so I can't comment on the overall situation, although I fail to believe that the vast majority of cops are not good guys just doing their job.

What I don't like is when you see these hand picked videos of a black person supposedly having excessive force against them, like being handcuffed on the ground, and the build up to it is instead of answering calmly and politely the police questions they start mouthing off to the cops face and putting their hands on them.

If I or anyone started getting in a police persons face and screaming at them and acting aggressive them of course I am going to be restrained.

I just wish people were smarter if they get pulled over or stopped. If you act with dignity and respect then you should be fine, obviously there will be some bad apples like in any sector, of all colours, and they need to be weeded out.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Lots of good points in this thread.

I don't live in the states so I can't comment on the overall situation, although I fail to believe that the vast majority of cops are not good guys just doing their job.

What I don't like is when you see these hand picked videos of a black person supposedly having excessive force against them, like being handcuffed on the ground, and the build up to it is instead of answering calmly and politely the police questions they start mouthing off to the cops face and putting their hands on them.

If I or anyone started getting in a police persons face and screaming at them and acting aggressive them of course I am going to be restrained.

I just wish people were smarter if they get pulled over or stopped. If you act with dignity and respect then you should be fine, obviously there will be some bad apples like in any sector, of all colours, and they need to be weeded out.
    I agree with your point

We have talked about the need for police to do better which I agree. There also is a need for people to do better when interacting with police.

Interesting report by this guy.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km4uCOAzrbM

This was published when Floyd was still alive.........back in September. There is a wealth of information with what's wrong right now with our systems. Granted it'll seem one-sided to some in this thread ....... but there is something in there that you likely didn't know.

I find it eye opening that he was on this before it blew up nation-wide. Floyd was the straw the broke the camel's back.

Big Media is trying to say people standing around and filming the Floyd death should have jumped in and pushed the cop off the guy. C'mon man --- isn't one death enough? If anyone should have stepped in it should have been the other cops standing around guarding Chauvin
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post

This was published when Floyd was still alive.........back in September. There is a wealth of information with what's wrong right now with our systems. Granted it'll seem one-sided to some in this thread ....... but there is something in there that you likely didn't know.

I find it eye opening that he was on this before it blew up nation-wide. Floyd was the straw the broke the camel's back.

Big Media is trying to say people standing around and filming the Floyd death should have jumped in and pushed the cop off the guy. C'mon man --- isn't one death enough? If anyone should have stepped in it should have been the other cops standing around guarding Chauvin
    Wil all respect to you dissolve posting the video..,it is really a comedy skit using excerpt of things to make his points in a humorous way, it twists the reality of what is being said. Specifically I can personally speak to the CL Grossman portion, having listened to him speak...he is a bright man, and he speaks to police, not being killers, but emotionally surviving lethal encounters... those clips twist it something else..

Just another perspective...on a perspective...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post

I do not think many people would have done something other than record and say things like was done.

Stopping the police from killing in that situation would not only end up in police force used on the person who got involved...maybe gun fire...but also no one in the govt would recognize the life saved was in danger and instead would come down hard on the person who intervened.

In that situation the intervention really needs to come from another officer. It probably should be a law.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I didnít know that Mozzer was a Latino name. I love the culture. Iíve been trying to warm my wife up to the idea of moving to El Paso.
    You're correct; Mozzer is not a Latino name, nor is it mine. lol
    After our "American" culture, I dig the "Japanese" culture and food right now.

I have family in El Paso, and they like it there; you may too. The irony is it's one of the safest cities in all of the U.S., but you cross our southern border, and it's an entirely different story. My parents refuse to visit Mexico for obvious reasons.