Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Like the ideas....but let’s stays llloooooonnnggggggg way away from kneeling ...please..we have had that blowup here before...and it ended ugly..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Your absolutely right . Children aren't born racist or knowledge of stereotyping. They are raised into it .Theres no doubt that there was systemic issues put in place , but we should be looking ahead, not worrying why they were put in place but how can we get out of them. I was raised by my parents to respect my elders , dont back talk , dont lie and obey the laws . I wasnt raised to think the law was out to get me , hunt me or kill me. I was taught that if your doing wrong do what your told , fight or resist your gonna get your butt whooped by the police .

One problem is unions . They can be so strong and powerful you have to kill someone to lose a job. Your right about training as well . Some places dont do as much training as others . Each LEO has a standard of UOF policies they must abide with. We train and take classes every year . Laws change , policy changes as certain issues arise. Depts need to be firmer on their officers actions . This individual was a field training officer . I question why given his file with all the complaints .

Each person is different. I'm in the LE field and am a peace officer for CDC. An inmate can cuss at me , talk as much crap to me he wants but that doesnt constitute force .I just smile and say , that's the way it is and have a nice day . Once the behavior that constitutes force stops , the force utilized must stop .
    Thx for that. Good discussion. I just can't imagine how I'd feel if I was stopped more frequently than most others, given roughly the same behaviour. I even get ticked (to myself) when I have received tickets for minimal infractions. But I keep my composure, and show respect. It is the correct way to respond. But as I say, if it happened frequently, it might be harder to keep composed.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    A sworn Minneapolis Police officer in uniform wearing a badge kneeled on the neck of a suspect, whose hands were cuffed behind his back and who was lying on his face in the street, for almost nine minutes. The suspect died. What do you want to call it? An accident?
    Well the officer is charged with 2nd degree murder, and insinuating that this is anything like what Aaron Hernandez was convicted off, is blatantly absurd and only serves to incite violence.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Thx for that. Good discussion. I just can't imagine how I'd feel if I was stopped more frequently than most others, given roughly the same behaviour. I even get ticked (to myself) when I have received tickets for minimal infractions. But I keep my composure, and show respect. It is the correct way to respond. But as I say, if it happened frequently, it might be harder to keep composed.
    That would happen to you irrespective of race or gender if you drive a sportscar where some police officers will tail you for several minutes. Never happened while driving a sedan.

In the end there is a huge difference between being irritated and then instigating a conflict that puts you in harms way.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Well the officer is charged with 2nd degree murder, and insinuating that this is anything like what Aaron Hernandez was convicted off, is blatantly absurd and only serves to incite violence.
    I don't think we should start comparing situations where death has been caused. In this case, a death was completely preventable.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    That would happen to you irrespective of race or gender if you drive a sportscar where some police officers will tail you for several minutes. Never happened while driving a sedan.

In the end there is a huge difference between being irritated and then instigating a conflict that puts you in harms way.
    I would offer that, based on my experience (though I can't verify) people who drive certain types of vehicles are more prone to speed than those with regular vehicles. Those who understand traffic might want to correct me if I'm wrong. I would rather get tailed for driving a loud, powerful vehicle than because of how I look.

I appreciate Elway admitting he has been wrong on his views and knows he can do better.

The cities with the worst violence and police brutality have corrupt leadership and the people who live their are paying with their lives. Only way to fix it is bring in leaders who represent the people.

If people are serious about change itís starts with those at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I appreciate Elway admitting he has been wrong on his views and knows he can do better.

The cities with the worst violence and police brutality have corrupt leadership and the people who live their are paying with their lives. Only way to fix it is bring in leaders who represent the people.

If people are serious about change itís starts with those at the top.
    As a minority, I can assure you that change starts along the spectrum, not just at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post

If people are serious about change it’s starts with those at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    As a minority, I can assure you that change starts along the spectrum, not just at the top.
    I tend to see 58's view, because most of the time, things go the way of those in charge.

But I appreciate the mp's view as well. In fact, for this thread to be most effective and useful, it needs to have a diverse group talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    A sworn Minneapolis Police officer in uniform wearing a badge kneeled on the neck of a suspect, whose hands were cuffed behind his back and who was lying on his face in the street, for almost nine minutes. The suspect died. What do you want to call it? An accident?
    Itís a terrible and inexcusable incident, but to say executed is to assign motive, in my humble opinion Sam. What I see is manslaughter, or negligent homicide.

I would offer that, based on my experience (though I can't verify) people who drive certain types of vehicles are more prone to speed than those with regular vehicles. Those who understand traffic might want to correct me if I'm wrong. I would rather get tailed for driving a loud, powerful vehicle than because of how I look.
    Based on actual hard statistical evidence blacks are much more likely to commit crimes, yet you think it is horrific that it influences how that population group is policed, yet you justify the exact same provocation based on the vehichle that a person drives. It is quite a double standard!

If there is an actual problem - many research papers show the opposite - then it has to be broken down to components and specifics that people/systems can act on, instead of arguing peoples feelings of wrong doing.

It is great that Elway and others are focusing on racism/violence but it has to be based in fact!

These protesters should be arrested for violating Social Distancing rules.

I tend to see 58's view, because most of the time, things go the way of those in charge.

But I appreciate the mp's view as well. In fact, for this thread to be most effective and useful, it needs to have a diverse group talking about it.
    Every arrest is dynamic and situational dictated by the participants.

I just don't see how America is more racist since MLK.
    Non-English speaking immigrants and their children find ways to thrive in the USA.

It's all about culture.
    We're now experiencing the effects of an adult generation of fatherless children.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
    These protesters should be arrested for violating Social Distancing rules.
    You canít be serious? Maybe you meant the rioters? That I would agree with. I do not at all agree with telling people they donít have a right to have a voice in the country and canít speak out against racism due to social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You canít be serious? Maybe you meant the rioters? That I would agree with. I do not at all agree with telling people they donít have a right to have a voice in the country and canít speak out against racism due to social distancing.
    Then business owners and people who go to the beach shouldn't be arrested for violating Social Distancing rules.