Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 301
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,734
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I stole this from Facebook, I feel it fits here....


    YOU do YOU!!!!
    Iím sick of covid-19. Iím sick of black vs. white. Iím sick of Democrats vs. Republicans. Iím sick of gay vs. straight. Iím REALLY sick of the media. Iím sick of no one being allowed to think what they want & feel what they do without offending someone. I am sick of the nosey people who call the cops when anyone does anything they donít approve of. I am sick of blaming the whole for the sins of a few.
    Weíre one raceóthe human race. You want to support President Trump? You do you. Itís your choice. You want to support Biden? Fine... also your choice! You want to believe in God? Okay, believe in God. You want to believe in magical creatures that fly around & sprinkle fairy dust to make life better? Awesome... you do you.
    BUT stop thrusting your beliefs on others & not being able to deal with the fact that they donít have the same exact mind-set as you. Having our own minds is what makes us all individual and beautiful. If you canít handle the fact that you may have a friend that has opposing views as you, then you are not any better than the bigots and the racists. I donít have to agree with everything you believe to be a decent human being & your friend.
    That all sounds good and well, until the racists start doing racist things. Are we supposed to let them follow the motto of ďyou do youĒ? People end up dead or oppressed when that happens.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,743
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    That all sounds good and well, until the racists start doing racist things. Are we supposed to let them follow the motto of ďyou do youĒ? People end up dead or oppressed when that happens.
    Like I told Can, there will always be racists. Our world has been divided since the beginning and will continue to be divided. You can't force a person to change if they don't want to change. We have been given free will for a reason and our decisions have consequences.....that's life

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,421
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I 100% support our law enforcement. Tactics need change absolutely but not to the degree where we completely disband them. That notion is absurd!! If this movement leads in that direction then I am against this movement. A world without law enforcement is anarchy and I do not want my children living in that world
    I really don't think anyone means disband so then there's no law enforcement. But Minneapolis feels like it needs to start over. Maybe corruption is deep rooted there, or maybe the trust is just too far broken there. There was another story there about one of the PD's decorating the Xmas tree with racists ornaments like Popeye's cup, Malt liquor can, etc.... Mayor tried to fire them but couldn't because of the unions. I support unions in general.

    Minneapolis can't live with NO law enforcement. Eventually it will probably end up looking like what they have now ONLY hopefully more tailored to fit the needs of that community. And whatever they come up with I'm quite sure they will emphasize restraint and racial respect for all. I'm pulling for them to succeed. I know some people wont and that's pretty sad but -- you watch what main stream media does with that -- they'll probably have one side making fun of them and the other taking up for em. They're Americans looking for a solution. I sincerely hope they succeed. Maybe they can pioneer the change that is so needed right now.

    Again - I don't blame the cops. They were trained that way. And the culture of it is askew as well. Having said this, they should all have an open mind a listen to what the people are saying.
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    360
    Yeah as really may need to have talk to the coach before putting out this statement!
    Ready for August Awesome!

  5. #260
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Cops rarely respond to calls for counterfeit money, and even then it would be incredibly difficult to prove that he knew it was counterfeit.

    I donít think police themselves are the problem, I think the training and the culture within the departments are the problem.
    The shop that called the cops on Floyd recently stated they wouldn't call the police again. It seems police brutality incidents almost always involve the perp resisting arrest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Brilliant reasoning skills on my part, right?
    My given name is a dead give away.

    I was blessed to have been born in the US.
    Whereas Republican President Reagan granted my parents amnesty.

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,920
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Like I told Can, there will always be racists. Our world has been divided since the beginning and will continue to be divided. You can't force a person to change if they don't want to change. We have been given free will for a reason and our decisions have consequences.....that's life
    Not anyone is neutral on family, race, gender, sexual preference.... Some feel that a 50 year old 6'6 Black LGBTQ that feels like a 6 year old white girl is the pinnicle of humanity, where others feel that they don't really belong in the locker room of an elementary school.

    The thing that is important is not that we see differences, and act different towards different groups - it is when we treat individuals as their group identity. There are massive differences between how lower class whites, black and hispanics act and what that triggers as police response, and how their middle/upper class race equivalents grow up.

    Outside the Antifa/BLM movement and white supremacy movements, I am sure you have 99% buyin to these famous words. While color is an easy distinguishing factor which is practical to use as an initial respone mode the thing that guides inidvidual response for the vast majoriity is totally in lime with the viion of MLK - "where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

    As Martin Luther King said:

    I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.

    Five score years ago a great American in whose symbolic shadow we stand today signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beckoning light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

    But one hundred years later the Negro is still not free. One hundred years later the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination.

    One hundred years later the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity.

    One hundred years later the Negro is still languishing in the comers of American society and finds himself in exile in his own land.

    We all have come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of now. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. Now is the time to change racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice ring out for all of God's children.

    There will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted citizenship rights.

    We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force.

    And the marvelous new militarism which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers have evidenced by their presence here today that they have come to realize that their destiny is part of our destiny.

    So even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

    I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal."

    I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood.

    I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

    I have a dream that little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

    I have a dream today.


    I have a dream that one day down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its Governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

    I have a dream today.

    I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places plains, and the crooked places will be made straight, and before the Lord will be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

    This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the mount with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the genuine discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, pray together; to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom forever, )mowing that we will be free one day.

    And I say to you today my friends, let freedom ring. From the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire, let freedom ring. From the mighty mountains of New York, let freedom ring. From the mighty Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

    Let freedom ring from the snow capped Rockies of Colorado!

    Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

    But not only there; let freedom ring from the Stone Mountain of Georgia!

    Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain in Tennessee!

    Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill in Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

    And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God almighty, we're free at last!"

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,238
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I really don't think anyone means disband so then there's no law enforcement. But Minneapolis feels like it needs to start over. Maybe corruption is deep rooted there, or maybe the trust is just too far broken there. There was another story there about one of the PD's decorating the Xmas tree with racists ornaments like Popeye's cup, Malt liquor can, etc.... Mayor tried to fire them but couldn't because of the unions. I support unions in general.

    Minneapolis can't live with NO law enforcement. Eventually it will probably end up looking like what they have now ONLY hopefully more tailored to fit the needs of that community. And whatever they come up with I'm quite sure they will emphasize restraint and racial respect for all. I'm pulling for them to succeed. I know some people wont and that's pretty sad but -- you watch what main stream media does with that -- they'll probably have one side making fun of them and the other taking up for em. They're Americans looking for a solution. I sincerely hope they succeed. Maybe they can pioneer the change that is so needed right now.

    Again - I don't blame the cops. They were trained that way. And the culture of it is askew as well. Having said this, they should all have an open mind a listen to what the people are saying.
    I agree with you. As I had mentioned, I think the word "defund" needs to be reworded. We need police, and I highly doubt anyone denies that. Heck, we don't even need a word. Just a reassessment of what is the entire role of police, what are the skillsets involved, and what training do they require. Then you hire those who can do that job. And training has to be ongoing, given that environments change. None of this is high level thought on my part. I am sure it's the goal of most departments. But every so often organizations need a reorg or a revamp or maybe just some tweaking.

    But yes, get rid of the word "defund". I think it suggests something it really is not. It may end up looking a little different, but it still serves a huge role in society, and most of the key activities will be exactly the same.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,627
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I really don't think anyone means disband so then there's no law enforcement. But Minneapolis feels like it needs to start over. Maybe corruption is deep rooted there, or maybe the trust is just too far broken there. There was another story there about one of the PD's decorating the Xmas tree with racists ornaments like Popeye's cup, Malt liquor can, etc.... Mayor tried to fire them but couldn't because of the unions. I support unions in general.

    Minneapolis can't live with NO law enforcement. Eventually it will probably end up looking like what they have now ONLY hopefully more tailored to fit the needs of that community. And whatever they come up with I'm quite sure they will emphasize restraint and racial respect for all. I'm pulling for them to succeed. I know some people wont and that's pretty sad but -- you watch what main stream media does with that -- they'll probably have one side making fun of them and the other taking up for em. They're Americans looking for a solution. I sincerely hope they succeed. Maybe they can pioneer the change that is so needed right now.

    Again - I don't blame the cops. They were trained that way. And the culture of it is askew as well. Having said this, they should all have an open mind a listen to what the people are saying.
    Thatís not what the city council person said when interviewed by CNN. They literally mean start from scratch, as in somebody crashed into the stupid tree start from scratch. When asked what they expect someone to do when thereís a murderer on the loose and/or a criminal is breaking into someoneís home and a citizen wants a police officer with a gun to show up the response was, ďI donít know, we havenít thought it all the way through.Ē

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,627
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    The shop that called the cops on Floyd recently stated they wouldn't call the police again. It seems police brutality incidents almost always involve the perp resisting arrest.



    My given name is a dead give away.

    I was blessed to have been born in the US.
    Whereas Republican President Reagan granted my parents amnesty.
    I didnít know that Mozzer was a Latino name. I love the culture. Iíve been trying to warm my wife up to the idea of moving to El Paso.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That’s not what the city council person said when interviewed by CNN. They literally mean start from scratch, as in somebody crashed into the stupid tree start from scratch. When asked what they expect someone to do when there’s a murderer on the loose and/or a criminal is breaking into someone’s home and a citizen wants a police officer with a gun to show up the response was, “I don’t know, we haven’t thought it all the way through.”
    Doesn't that resonate just how desperate these people are? These aren't criminals. They're citizens. Regular people

    They'll work it out. I support them
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,842
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Cops rarely respond to calls for counterfeit money, and even then it would be incredibly difficult to prove that he knew it was counterfeit.

    I donít think police themselves are the problem, I think the training and the culture within the departments are the problem.
    I agree

    It starts with the concept that people are still in the work force who were alive when law enforcement were enforcing racist laws. Law enforcement has been extremely brutal to suspected perps even after racist laws were taken off the books for decades. Add in the Police Code of Silence and it is a recipe for corruption and abuse.

    I personally think if we kept metrics on police actions we would see 99.9% of the actions were acceptable. I do think there have been changes compared to the 60s, 70s, 80s, and even 90s. There needs to be more change and it will be hard not just because of the attitude inside law enforcement but the attitude inside higher levels of city government that has allowed this to go on.

    Personally I think the reason people are coming up with radical ideas is because they know this may force the kind of change that may go even higher than law enforcement and it scares some people.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,627
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Doesn't that resonate just how desperate these people are? These aren't criminals. They're citizens. Regular people

    They'll work it out. I support them
    I appreciate your optimism, but in regards to the city council of Minneapolis I donít share it.

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,976
    I cannot believe the Rayshard Brooks incident has been ruled a homicide. The cop has been fired and will likely face significant jail time, that is a disgrace for him and his family. This is pure pandering to the mob that has overtaken the streets and feel they can act like thugs and destroy statues, buildings, and commit arson.

    If you are going to fight with the police on the ground, then grab their weapon, run away, and turn and point it at them what do you think is going to happen ? You would have to be several kinds of stupid to do that. If it was a white person the outcome would have been exactly the same.

    Now the thugs have turned their attention to George Washington. I see Columbus has already been attacked. Who is next ? Lincoln ? I'm not sure anyone will live up to the 2020 virtue signalling woke brigade standards.

    Maybe we could tear down the pyramids in Giza and the Coliseum in Rome lol

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,734
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I cannot believe the Rayshard Brooks incident has been ruled a homicide. The cop has been fired and will likely face significant jail time, that is a disgrace for him and his family. This is pure pandering to the mob that has overtaken the streets and feel they can act like thugs and destroy statues, buildings, and commit arson.

    If you are going to fight with the police on the ground, then grab their weapon, run away, and turn and point it at them what do you think is going to happen ? You would have to be several kinds of stupid to do that. If it was a white person the outcome would have been exactly the same.

    Now the thugs have turned their attention to George Washington. I see Columbus has already been attacked. Who is next ? Lincoln ? I'm not sure anyone will live up to the 2020 virtue signalling woke brigade standards.

    Maybe we could tear down the pyramids in Giza and the Coliseum in Rome lol
    If you described the incident correctly, the cop will be acquitted. Unfortunately, it would mean that he and his family will have endured an undue hardship.

    Hopefully the truth will come out, whatever it may be.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,743
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I cannot believe the Rayshard Brooks incident has been ruled a homicide. The cop has been fired and will likely face significant jail time, that is a disgrace for him and his family. This is pure pandering to the mob that has overtaken the streets and feel they can act like thugs and destroy statues, buildings, and commit arson.

    If you are going to fight with the police on the ground, then grab their weapon, run away, and turn and point it at them what do you think is going to happen ? You would have to be several kinds of stupid to do that. If it was a white person the outcome would have been exactly the same.

    Now the thugs have turned their attention to George Washington. I see Columbus has already been attacked. Who is next ? Lincoln ? I'm not sure anyone will live up to the 2020 virtue signalling woke brigade standards.

    Maybe we could tear down the pyramids in Giza and the Coliseum in Rome lol
    Truth......

    Skin color has nothing to do with this, he grabbed an officers weapon. I want to see the protests for this officer and his rights, Lord knows he needs it. Granted if that did happen it would spark the beginning of a civil war, unfortunately

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •