Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bryce Callahan at "full speed"

According to Troy Renck

https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status...024466433?s=20

If he can come back and be as good or better than before our secondary will be lights out!!!

If Callahan and Bouye both bounce back we will be improved in the secondary, but what the outside corner opposite Bouye does will determine if we can be lights out.

Good thing, heís going to have a fight on his hands for that nickel spot

He's a top 5 nickel, this is great.

Hey, more good news! I really hope he gets on the field this season. A strong pass rush with a strong secondary portends well.

That's awesome news ! Man I cant wait

Very good news indeed. Secondary looking really good if they can stay healthy and get one more CB to develop into a ďstarter ď level of player instead of relying on a by committee approach.

Next I would like to hear the same ďfull speed ď report about J. James. Patience is tough!

Hard for me to get excited about our corners now that we let CHJ leave.

Iím hoping Bryce can ease the loss a little

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Good thing, heís going to have a fight on his hands for that nickel spot
    You think so?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You think so?
    Yeah they reworked his deal to where they can get out of it before next season with minimal dead cap. Plus heís really only played over 50% of defensive snaps once in Chicago, heís 29, coming off a serious injury, and hasnít done much in a long time.

Dawson has draft pedigree and is a very physical CB especially in the run game which is a big bonus from that nickel spot, he wasnít a lock down CB but he didnít give up many big plays either. Having a full season in Fangioís defense with actual game reps now, I expect him to improve going into his 3rd year.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Hard for me to get excited about our corners now that we let CHJ leave.

Iím hoping Bryce can ease the loss a little
    Eh, Harris did a lot for us but his play really fell off. To make matters worse, while his play became less reliable, his blame for other people only grew more frequent.

I think we have two corners on the roster who are as good or better than 2018/2019 CHJ in Bouye and Callahan. Bausby, in his limited 2019 action pre-injury, outplayed him as well. I also am quite high on Ojemudia, Dawson, and undrafted rookie Essang Bassey. The CB room, as well as this team as a whole, will surprise some folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Eh, Harris did a lot for us but his play really fell off. To make matters worse, while his play became less reliable, his blame for other people only grew more frequent.

I think we have two corners on the roster who are as good or better than 2018/2019 CHJ in Bouye and Callahan. Bausby, in his limited 2019 action pre-injury, outplayed him as well. I also am quite high on Ojemudia, Dawson, and undrafted rookie Essang Bassey. The CB room, as well as this team as a whole, will surprise some folks.
    I agree, everyone is excited for the offense and rightfully so but I'm just as pumped to see our defense too!! I think our secondary is extremely underrated. Imo, our only weak spot is the ILB position next to Johnson. If AJ goes down we are pretty thin there but with so much talent around it may not be that big of an issue. With Chubb and Miller back together again and our crazy talented Dline I understand why guys like Collin Cowherd are high on the Broncos!!

Lol

Dawson is not even close to Callahan. Bryce is a better slot cb than CHJ was. Let that sink in for a moment chj started in the slot and was champ bailey lock down there. Bryce is better.

Byrce has zero competition there. Just like justin simmons. No one on the team is close to being as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

Are you serious? Theres not a corner on the roster that outplayed CHJ dude literally won us games last year he was so impactful. See the Titans game. That comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Lol

Dawson is not even close to Callahan. Bryce is a better slot cb than CHJ was. Let that sink in for a moment chj started in the slot and was champ bailey lock down there. Bryce is better.

Byrce has zero competition there. Just like justin simmons. No one on the team is close to being as good.
    Bryce Callahan wasnít better than CHJ. Are you kidding me