Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,719

    Bryce Callahan at "full speed"

    According to Troy Renck

    https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status...024466433?s=20

    If he can come back and be as good or better than before our secondary will be lights out!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Downtown Denver
    Posts
    6,314
    If Callahan and Bouye both bounce back we will be improved in the secondary, but what the outside corner opposite Bouye does will determine if we can be lights out.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,530
    Good thing, heís going to have a fight on his hands for that nickel spot

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,665
    He's a top 5 nickel, this is great.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,799
    Hey, more good news! I really hope he gets on the field this season. A strong pass rush with a strong secondary portends well.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,201
    That's awesome news ! Man I cant wait

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,357
    Very good news indeed. Secondary looking really good if they can stay healthy and get one more CB to develop into a ďstarter ď level of player instead of relying on a by committee approach.

    Next I would like to hear the same ďfull speed ď report about J. James. Patience is tough!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    938
    Hard for me to get excited about our corners now that we let CHJ leave.

    Iím hoping Bryce can ease the loss a little

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,624
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Good thing, heís going to have a fight on his hands for that nickel spot
    You think so?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You think so?
    Yeah they reworked his deal to where they can get out of it before next season with minimal dead cap. Plus heís really only played over 50% of defensive snaps once in Chicago, heís 29, coming off a serious injury, and hasnít done much in a long time.

    Dawson has draft pedigree and is a very physical CB especially in the run game which is a big bonus from that nickel spot, he wasnít a lock down CB but he didnít give up many big plays either. Having a full season in Fangioís defense with actual game reps now, I expect him to improve going into his 3rd year.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Hard for me to get excited about our corners now that we let CHJ leave.

    Iím hoping Bryce can ease the loss a little
    Eh, Harris did a lot for us but his play really fell off. To make matters worse, while his play became less reliable, his blame for other people only grew more frequent.

    I think we have two corners on the roster who are as good or better than 2018/2019 CHJ in Bouye and Callahan. Bausby, in his limited 2019 action pre-injury, outplayed him as well. I also am quite high on Ojemudia, Dawson, and undrafted rookie Essang Bassey. The CB room, as well as this team as a whole, will surprise some folks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Eh, Harris did a lot for us but his play really fell off. To make matters worse, while his play became less reliable, his blame for other people only grew more frequent.

    I think we have two corners on the roster who are as good or better than 2018/2019 CHJ in Bouye and Callahan. Bausby, in his limited 2019 action pre-injury, outplayed him as well. I also am quite high on Ojemudia, Dawson, and undrafted rookie Essang Bassey. The CB room, as well as this team as a whole, will surprise some folks.
    I agree, everyone is excited for the offense and rightfully so but I'm just as pumped to see our defense too!! I think our secondary is extremely underrated. Imo, our only weak spot is the ILB position next to Johnson. If AJ goes down we are pretty thin there but with so much talent around it may not be that big of an issue. With Chubb and Miller back together again and our crazy talented Dline I understand why guys like Collin Cowherd are high on the Broncos!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,278
    Lol

    Dawson is not even close to Callahan. Bryce is a better slot cb than CHJ was. Let that sink in for a moment chj started in the slot and was champ bailey lock down there. Bryce is better.

    Byrce has zero competition there. Just like justin simmons. No one on the team is close to being as good.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Eh, Harris did a lot for us but his play really fell off. To make matters worse, while his play became less reliable, his blame for other people only grew more frequent.

    I think we have two corners on the roster who are as good or better than 2018/2019 CHJ in Bouye and Callahan. Bausby, in his limited 2019 action pre-injury, outplayed him as well. I also am quite high on Ojemudia, Dawson, and undrafted rookie Essang Bassey. The CB room, as well as this team as a whole, will surprise some folks.
    Are you serious? Theres not a corner on the roster that outplayed CHJ dude literally won us games last year he was so impactful. See the Titans game. That comes to mind

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Lol

    Dawson is not even close to Callahan. Bryce is a better slot cb than CHJ was. Let that sink in for a moment chj started in the slot and was champ bailey lock down there. Bryce is better.

    Byrce has zero competition there. Just like justin simmons. No one on the team is close to being as good.
    Bryce Callahan wasnít better than CHJ. Are you kidding me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •