Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Hard for me to get excited about our corners now that we let CHJ leave.

Iím hoping Bryce can ease the loss a little
    Bru, let it go! Harris was great once but not anymore. Champ was great once but if we had another starting CB opposite Harris in 2012, Joe Flacco doesnít pass like he did.

Letting Chris Harris go is a good thing it means that John has learned from his past and not to keep a player well past their prime just because of a reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Lol

Dawson is not even close to Callahan. Bryce is a better slot cb than CHJ was. Let that sink in for a moment chj started in the slot and was champ bailey lock down there. Bryce is better.

Byrce has zero competition there. Just like justin simmons. No one on the team is close to being as good.
    Bryce had one good season in which Mack, Hicks, and Jackson played out of their minds. PFF championed him for that season but his completion rate was average and he still allowed 3 TDs. His QBR was good because he never got beat for a big play but again Mack, Hicks, and Jackson played a huge role in that.

Now heís 29 coming off a serious foot injury playing a position thatís really going to test how healthy he really is. Thereís going to be a lot of rust he has to get knocked off and thereís a reason we reworked his deal to be able to get out of his last year. Dawson is younger, more athletic, and just got through with his redshirt rookie year. He didnít get beat for big plays and he was a physical tackler after the catch and in run support. He will absolutely push Callahan for that spot as will Essang Bassey.

Bryce Callahan wasnít better than CHJ. Are you kidding me
    Go look it up.

Edit....to add, he was graded as the top slot cb.
    Last edited by underrated29; 06-14-2020 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Bryce had one good season in which Mack, Hicks, and Jackson played out of their minds. PFF championed him for that season but his completion rate was average and he still allowed 3 TDs. His QBR was good because he never got beat for a big play but again Mack, Hicks, and Jackson played a huge role in that.

Now heís 29 coming off a serious foot injury playing a position thatís really going to test how healthy he really is. Thereís going to be a lot of rust he has to get knocked off and thereís a reason we reworked his deal to be able to get out of his last year. Dawson is younger, more athletic, and just got through with his redshirt rookie year. He didnít get beat for big plays and he was a physical tackler after the catch and in run support. He will absolutely push Callahan for that spot as will Essang Bassey.
    And Duke has had 0 good years. Traded from NE after his rookie year. Came here and was eh, hopefully what we see in him and what made him a 2nd round pick comes out. That would be amazing!!!!

But in 2 years in the NFL it doesnt look like it. Not yet.

Hes no where near Bryce. Not close. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Bru, let it go! Harris was great once but not anymore. Champ was great once but if we had another starting CB opposite Harris in 2012, Joe Flacco doesnít pass like he did.

Letting Chris Harris go is a good thing it means that John has learned from his past and not to keep a player well past their prime just because of a reputation.
    Youíre faulting Champ for one bad game. All I need to see from you. Newsflash champ played at a high level that year

Iím hoping Bryce can ease the loss a little
    I was a huge CHJ fan for pretty much his entire career and I am stoked to see our current corners this season! Happy to hear Callahan is expected to play. I'm excited to see what Bouye will bring! I love Bausby and expect to see him show up in a big way this season! Looking forward to September...

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    And Duke has had 0 good years. Traded from NE after his rookie year. Came here and was eh, hopefully what we see in him and what made him a 2nd round pick comes out. That would be amazing!!!!

But in 2 years in the NFL it doesnt look like it. Not yet.

Hes no where near Bryce. Not close. Not at all.
    Itís more likely Bryce was a product of what he had around him than a true top slot CB

Duke missed his rookie year so last year was spent getting adjusted to the speed of the game. He will take a step forward this year.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 06-14-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Itís more likely Bryce was a product of what he had around him than a true top slot CB

Duke missed his rookie year so last year was spent getting adjusted to the speed of the game. He will take a step forward this year.
    Could be. If so, he will have the same or better supporting cast here. So he should be able to be that byproduct again.

I think he might take that step forward too. Sure hope he does. Not sure it's going to be enough to give bryce any run for his money, but it would be ideal if so.

Byrce is really really good. Our d is going to be really really good. If ojemudia can play like.vic thinks then we are ballin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I was a huge CHJ fan for pretty much his entire career and I am stoked to see our current corners this season! Happy to hear Callahan is expected to play. I'm excited to see what Bouye will bring! I love Bausby and expect to see him show up in a big way this season! Looking forward to September...
    Agreed, starting to get cautiously optimistic about our season.
    [

I’m hoping Bryce can ease the loss a little
    From my eyes I would say CHJr excelled at man coverage. I think that is where he made his money. He was super aggressive and would impose his skill onto the players he covered.

Pretty much everyone I have herd talk about Vic's defense says the Corners need to be more zone orientated. The CBs need to read and react in Vic's defense.

CHJr skills did not match what we being asked of him in Vic's defense imo

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    From my eyes I would say CHJr excelled at man coverage. I think that is where he made his money. He was super aggressive and would impose his skill onto the players he covered.

Pretty much everyone I have herd talk about Vic's defense says the Corners need to be more zone orientated. The CBs need to read and react in Vic's defense.

CHJr skills did not match what we being asked of him in Vic's defense imo
    I think you are right about that - CHJ plays better man than zone. Still, he's lost a step and more and more gets beat with fast WRs that can get off the line. In his prime he was a monster CB. Wish him well (except against us)

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I think you are right about that - CHJ plays better man than zone. Still, he's lost a step and more and more gets beat with fast WRs that can get off the line. In his prime he was a monster CB. Wish him well (except against us)
    Yea sucks we have to play him twice a year.

When thinking I do not remember CHJr covering fast guys that much even in his best years. I remember Talib/Roby being put on the speedsters.

I remember CHJr getting the shifty type guys. Think the one main WR he got matched with was AB and if I remember right it was because Pitt had a speedster that Talib covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    1. He excelled in zone as well. He wasnít just some man corner. Again see the Tennessee game.

2. What fast wrs beat CHJ off the line besides AB and Tyreeke? They do that to everyone btw

3. He didnít lose a step. He shutdown Odell 1 on 1, gave Keenan Allen fits, gave A.J. brown hell, shutdown Allen Robinson... I could go on

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Yea sucks we have to play him twice a year.

When thinking I do not remember CHJr covering fast guys that much even in his best years. I remember Talib/Roby being put on the speedsters.

I remember CHJr getting the shifty type guys. Think the one main WR he got matched with was AB and if I remember right it was because Pitt had a speedster that Talib covered.
    Personally, I'm glad we play him twice a year. I think he will get beat like a drum in both games. He lacks the speed to keep up with Hamler, the fluidity to follow Jeudy, or the size to compete with Sutton.

I'll be surprised if Harris is in the top 5 for CBs this year, and by top 5 I mean of those in the AFC West.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Personally, I'm glad we play him twice a year. I think he will get beat like a drum in both games. He lacks the speed to keep up with Hamler, the fluidity to follow Jeudy, or the size to compete with Sutton.

I'll be surprised if Harris is in the top 5 for CBs this year, and by top 5 I mean of those in the AFC West.
    Agreed, he never was a speed guy, and now that heís lost a step or 2 heíll get exposed if they put him outside.