Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellway View Post
    Nice sig pic!!! Lol!!!!

    Now Gaze neut!!!

    BLAM BLAM BLAM

    lol roflmao
    Hahaha I made him that sig!

    He’s showing class by honoring our bet though! Mad props Baph!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    You're egging him on to make this yet another thread all about discussion surrounding him. Don't do it!!!! For the love of all things you revere, don't do it!!!
    You're correct. I didn't think it through. My apologies to all Bronco fans.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,207
    Welcome back Baph- It definitely won't be the same without Phil around. We loved hating that guy.

    Phil is like the Baph of the NFL. He's punchable, but he's missed when he's gone.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,328
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    I agree. The toxic back and forth gets out of hand at times and I'm as guilty as anyone in this forum. However, it's hard to back off with the NE/TB fan who's sole existence on this planet is to languish here and spout incredible, lame crap about the "Cheating Patriot Mob".

    Here's a question for you baph, in your opinion, can a person be a "fan" of more than one team, in any sport? If a person does like more than one team does it make them a "fake" fan? I say no but there's a small child in NE, TampaTwoTeamTommy12, that states people can't root, pull, cheer or like more than one team even though she is stuffing large amounts crow into her mouth as she now loves the NE Cheaters and TB Buc's. Weird.

    Just curious what you think. Later.
    "can" a person be a fan of more than one team in a sport? sure, why not? I think it's lame but that's just me. is he pulling for brady/gronk in tampa or claiming to be a tampa fan now? i'm pulling for rivers in indy but i'm no fan of the colts, i just want to see rivers have a chance at a ring because he deserves it.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,328
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Welcome back Baph- It definitely won't be the same without Phil around. We loved hating that guy.

    Phil is like the Baph of the NFL. He's punchable, but he's missed when he's gone.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Yeah, but you know if Rivers gets to the SB after leaving the Chargers, you'll never hear the end of it. I know, it'll give you the op to smash everyone who bashed Rivers, but the Brees/Rivers and Chargers failure smack will be too enticing for many to avoid. I'm not ruling out my own occasional indulgence in said smack opportunities, but you know I never linger on any particular subject unless it really pisses off TB12 and the now defunct Patriots Mafia.
    how long have i been saying protection has been the biggest issue with rivers and the chargers sucsess on offense? rivers hasn't had good pass protection since the first couple years of his career. with indy's elite pass proterction, if he did go to the SB and especially if he had an MVP type season, it would only prove me right.

    the chargers tried and failed to get rivers decent pass protection, of course now that rivers is gone the OL looks as solid as it's been in years. but ya man, go right ahead and smack the chargers if that happens.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    I agree. The toxic back and forth gets out of hand at times and I'm as guilty as anyone in this forum. However, it's hard to back off with the NE/TB fan who's sole existence on this planet is to languish here and spout incredible, lame crap about the "Cheating Patriot Mob".

    Here's a question for you baph, in your opinion, can a person be a "fan" of more than one team, in any sport? If a person does like more than one team does it make them a "fake" fan? I say no but there's a small child in NE, TampaTwoTeamTommy12, that states people can't root, pull, cheer or like more than one team even though she is stuffing large amounts crow into her mouth as she now loves the NE Cheaters and TB Buc's. Weird.

    Just curious what you think. Later.
    It's possible but I personally don't see it. It might have to do with the level of passion. I had a distant cousin who played for both the Chargers and Broncos. I never met him, but my grandfather (his uncle) tried to get me to join the teams he played for. Never! My grandfather never had a team until his nephew made it to the NFL, and he was a fan of all the teams he played for, but naturally it was about the player more than the team. But that's a different example.

    Now if he was a close relative I grew up with and knew personally, would I switch? Nah. I wouldn't even have them as a second team. I did root for him except when he played us, but I never rooted for the team. You see that a lot with parents who won't leave their team even as their son plays for a rival. It's the passion.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,008
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    how long have i been saying protection has been the biggest issue with rivers and the chargers sucsess on offense? rivers hasn't had good pass protection since the first couple years of his career. with indy's elite pass proterction, if he did go to the SB and especially if he had an MVP type season, it would only prove me right.

    the chargers tried and failed to get rivers decent pass protection, of course now that rivers is gone the OL looks as solid as it's been in years. but ya man, go right ahead and smack the chargers if that happens.
    I wouldn't start a thread or anything, but yeah, I'd probably revisit the Brees/Rivers liberation theme for a post or two.

    If it goes the other way on Rivers, i.e., he sucks in Indi, and Taylor does well in LA, then you've got the immobile QB debate cropping up. Sometimes you get a quarterback who can move in there, and the offensive line suddenly becomes better in the eyes of the fans. Lock actually held the ball longer than Flacco did last year.

    All smack aside, I want to see Rivers do well. I never really had a problem with the guy. The Colts and Chargers should both be leaning on the run this year though. LA's roster screams complimentary football, and I expect Kelley to be a major part of that eventually.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,806
    How long have I been saying EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE EEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE!!! Now gaze neut as I remind you of your place beneath us!

    BLAM BLAM BLAM

    lol roflmao

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    "can" a person be a fan of more than one team in a sport? sure, why not? I think it's lame but that's just me. is he pulling for brady/gronk in tampa or claiming to be a tampa fan now? i'm pulling for rivers in indy but i'm no fan of the colts, i just want to see rivers have a chance at a ring because he deserves it.
    Lame you say. OK. And yes it appears he is pulling for Brady/Gronk in Tampa AND the cheaters in NE but I haven't seen any "official" claim from him regarding Tampa. I believe based on his posts here after the season ended and the Brady situation hadn't developed yet so he didn't know that he would have to be a hypocrite once Brady and Gronk ended up in Tampa.

    Rivers winning a ring? I guess anythings possible and if he did I'll assume you would be able to die in peace.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    It's possible but I personally don't see it. It might have to do with the level of passion. I had a distant cousin who played for both the Chargers and Broncos. I never met him, but my grandfather (his uncle) tried to get me to join the teams he played for. Never! My grandfather never had a team until his nephew made it to the NFL, and he was a fan of all the teams he played for, but naturally it was about the player more than the team. But that's a different example.

    Now if he was a close relative I grew up with and knew personally, would I switch? Nah. I wouldn't even have them as a second team. I did root for him except when he played us, but I never rooted for the team. You see that a lot with parents who won't leave their team even as their son plays for a rival. It's the passion.
    For most Raider fans, PASSION is front and center, just like Bronco fans. That's what has made it such a great historical rivalry.

    I think most sports fans think a person can ONLY be a FAN of ONE TEAM in any given sport....whatever. I'll be a die hard Bronco fan until the day I die unless they become blatant cheaters like the NE Mob but I really don't see that happening. However, I am a fan of the Chicago Bears because I was a fan before the Denver Broncos were invented and the only time I root against them is when they play the Broncos. If also being a fan of the Bears makes me a "fake fan" in the opinion of others...it would be impossible for me to care less.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,328
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-over-contract

    man, gordon used to be such a likeable dude.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,328
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Lame you say. OK. And yes it appears he is pulling for Brady/Gronk in Tampa AND the cheaters in NE but I haven't seen any "official" claim from him regarding Tampa. I believe based on his posts here after the season ended and the Brady situation hadn't developed yet so he didn't know that he would have to be a hypocrite once Brady and Gronk ended up in Tampa.

    Rivers winning a ring? I guess anythings possible and if he did I'll assume you would be able to die in peace
    .
    I like rivers but i'm a chargers fan. i'd be really happy for him but die in peace? that's a stretch.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    I like rivers but i'm a chargers fan. i'd be really happy for him but die in peace? that's a stretch.
    I know what you mean...Die in Peace is just a saying to project ultimate happiness to end the years, decades, a life as a fan when their team finally wins the big one.

    Here's the circumstances when those words were stated to me from my wife's co-worker Mike, a die hard Broncos fan who was sitting next to me.

    Super Bowl 32 party at our house, January 25, 1998, Green Bay Packers vs Denver Broncos. The score is Broncos 31 Packers 24 with 32 seconds left in the 4th quarter, Packers have the ball 4th down and 6 at the Broncos 31 yd line, Favre throws a pass that's knocked down by Bronco linebacker John Mobley. The Broncos take over with 28 seconds remaining in the game. The Denver Broncos will be Super Bowl Champions..Finally!

    Mike turns to me and says..."I can now die in peace".
    Utah Bronco Freak

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,622
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-over-contract

    man, gordon used to be such a likeable dude.
    But now he plays for your worst nightmare!

    Stokley shoulda shut his mouth on that one.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •