• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orange crush75
    Captain
    • Feb 2006

Debate forum

What do you guys think of having a debate forum . Would allow people to discuss topics that are frowned upon in the other forums . Basic rules can apply , ie: stay on thread topic, dont degrade people ect...

What say you ..
  • Peanut
    ModNut
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    What do you guys think of having a debate forum . Would allow people to discuss topics that are frowned upon in the other forums . Basic rules can apply , ie: stay on thread topic, dont degrade people ect...

What say you ..
    Thank you for your suggestion.

We have a forum for P&R. It was closed because it eventually brought out the nastiness in people. Mods were spending most of our time in there putting out fires. Members were angry with each other (there's some bad feelings that still show up now), angry with the mods.

As always, when this is brought up, we will discuss it and get back to you.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• orange crush75
      Captain
      • Feb 2006

Ahhh I see . Always gotta be someone who ruins it . Thanks for responding!

Comment

• Peanut
        ModNut
        • Jan 2007

If it was one or two people, we could have handled it, but unfortunately, I think the mods were outnumbered. Or maybe it just felt like it and they were just faster typers than us (me).
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Rastic
          Modulated
          • Oct 2013

Unfortunately, yes, that is generally the way.

By and large I think we have a great group of people here with many varying points of views. There is a lot we could learn from each other even in disagreements. Yet, as Peanut said, the staff was spending a lot of time there dealing with things. Since this is primarily a football forum it didn't make sense to as the staff (volunteers) to moderate something the forum isn't really about so it's been shut down.

Comment

• orange crush75
            Captain
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            Unfortunately, yes, that is generally the way.

By and large I think we have a great group of people here with many varying points of views. There is a lot we could learn from each other even in disagreements. Yet, as Peanut said, the staff was spending a lot of time there dealing with things. Since this is primarily a football forum it didn't make sense to as the staff (volunteers) to moderate something the forum isn't really about so it's been shut down.
            10- 4 , thanks

Comment

• EddieMac
              Canuck Mod, eh!
              • Feb 2004

10- 4 , thanks
              A total nod to all ( like you) that could speak to the issue without angry posts, attacks, judging etc... there was a good discussion there. It just ran its course..
              sigpic

Comment

• orange crush75
                Captain
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                A total nod to all ( like you) that could speak to the issue without angry posts, attacks, judging etc... there was a good discussion there. It just ran its course..
                Thanks Eddie . Cant wait for some football to start . It will be a nice change of this cruddy 2020.

Comment

Working...
                X