Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    I assume people have seen by now that the preseason was cut to two games and delayed to the end of August. Not sure how many saw but McManus was on Twitter responding to this news saying people are in denial if they think any preseason games will be played at all.

Even if the league tries to move on I’m not so sure the players are willing to. The other leagues have already seen a ton of players opt out of these resumed seasons.

If the NFL cancels the season, I want to be the first to say ďThank You!!!!!!! For 34 years I have been entertained!!!! Highs and lows in my life Football has always been there!
    R.I.P. NFL!!!!!!! Love the memories....

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    If the NFL cancels the season, I want to be the first to say “Thank You!!!!!!! For 34 years I have been entertained!!!! Highs and lows in my life Football has always been there!
    R.I.P. NFL!!!!!!! Love the memories....
    Missing one year of the NFL is not the end of the world, IMO.

If it is canceled, just imagine how great it will be in September 2021?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Missing one year of the NFL is not the end of the world, IMO.

If it is canceled, just imagine how great it will be in September 2021?
    Your right itís not the end of the world.
    Imagining it in 2021 would be a waste of time. If the NFL cancels a season due to the fear of players catching a virus that 99% of the people in their age group and health fully recover then 2021 could easily be canceled as well.

Your right it’s not the end of the world.
    Imagining it in 2021 would be a waste of time. If the NFL cancels a season due to the fear of players catching a virus that 99% of the people in their age group and health fully recover then 2021 could easily be canceled as well.
    Is that group hermetically sealed from the others? Does exposing more people to infection increase or reduce the risk for the entire population?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Is that group hermetically sealed from the others? Does exposing more people to infection increase or reduce the risk for the entire population?
    Do you think we can still prevent everyone from getting the virus? I donít believe we should purposely try to get it but if essential workers have gone to work through all of this then why donít sports leagues take the same risk? If itís not worth it than donít play.
    I think losing something like an NFL season over a virus that 90% recover from then cancel all sports. Players take risks on the field period Covid is a new risk all are going to have to learn to live with. A vaccine will help but 250k to 500k still die worldwide from the flu.

Hiding in fear of a virus that most will recover from is not a strategy, I hope the NFL and itís players take a stand and donít allow Covid-19 to ruin another part of our lives.
    People need NFL right now, moral is low!!
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-04-2020 at 05:55 PM.

NFL players have played for years risking injury. Concussions and spinal injuries like Ryan Shazier.
    To not play because they could get sick with a virus that they most likely will fully recover from seems silly to me!!!! ( I have worked 40plus hours a week since the outbreak, so no Iím not a hypocrite)
    Ryan Shazier still hasnít made a full recovery
    While Von Miller conquered Covid!!!

If itís too risky and the NFL just ends all the players that arenít set for life, they will have to work somewhere and risk getting Covid eventually. Bottom line we all are going to have to face it eventually, or live the rest of our lives from home.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-04-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Do you think we can still prevent everyone from getting the virus? I don’t believe we should purposely try to get it but if essential workers have gone to work through all of this then why don’t sports leagues take the same risk? If it’s not worth it than don’t play.
    I think losing something like an NFL season over a virus that 90% recover from then cancel all sports. Players take risks on the field period Covid is a new risk all are going to have to learn to live with. A vaccine will help but 250k to 500k still die worldwide from the flu.

Hiding in fear of a virus that most will recover from is not a strategy, I hope the NFL and it’s players take a stand and don’t allow Covid-19 to ruin another part of our lives.
    Not gonna lie, that's a really terrible take...

What happens when the first NFL player dies from this because you just had to have football... Odds are if there is a big enough outbreak at least one is going to probably die say it's someone prominent like Phillip Lindsey, Aaron Rodgers, ect… And regardless of that, even though the virus doesn't kill huge amounts, it does have lasting effects and it's not just effecting the old. People who are healthy and young are getting hit with it and in some documented cases experiencing lasting lung damage...

If they decide they can't have a season (and frankly I don't see any way they can) They'll have my support. These are human lives, not just slaves for our entertainment and if it is determined to be too big of a risk, I support that. If that causes you to stop supporting it, well, whatever, that's your choice, but I'll be here ready and waiting for next season if that's what it comes to.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Not gonna lie, that's a really terrible take...

What happens when the first NFL player dies from this because you just had to have football... Odds are if there is a big enough outbreak at least one is going to probably die say it's someone prominent like Phillip Lindsey, Aaron Rodgers, ectÖ And regardless of that, even though the virus doesn't kill huge amounts, it does have lasting effects and it's not just effecting the old. People who are healthy and young are getting hit with it and in some documented cases experiencing lasting lung damage...

If they decide they can't have a season (and frankly I don't see any way they can) They'll have my support. These are human lives, not just slaves for our entertainment and if it is determined to be too big of a risk, I support that. If that causes you to stop supporting it, well, whatever, that's your choice, but I'll be here ready and waiting for next season if that's what it comes to.
    NFL players are getting together on their own to work out right now, do you not support that?
    Zero deaths so far!

Very low percentage of healthy people between 22-40 have passed from Covid, doesnít make sense to cancel season. ( Out of 3.2 million affected, 17 healthy in the age group of 18-44).

If NFL players and one of them die from Covid that would be due to that player choosing to take the risk. NFL Players have gotten Covid without playing football. Canceling the season does not guarantee they wonít get it!
    Iím glad grocery stores, police, fire fighters, gas station attendants, door dash, doctors, garbage men, construction workers, and all other essential workers take the risk of possibly getting sick but most likely recovering from a virus we all at some point will need to learn to live with.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-04-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Do you think we can still prevent everyone from getting the virus? I donít believe we should purposely try to get it but if essential workers have gone to work through all of this then why donít sports leagues take the same risk? If itís not worth it than donít play.

Hiding in fear of a virus that most will recover from is not a strategy, I hope the NFL and itís players take a stand and donít allow Covid-19 to ruin another part of our lives.
    My wife has five medical conditions that would put her in serious jeopardy should she get COVID-19. I have three. She can't get it therefore I can't get it. She has been isolated and when I need to go out, careful measures are implemented.

I fail to see how not doing everything possible to prevent the spread protects public health. I guess your answer is that NFL personnel are not hermetically sealed from the rest of society, but you don't care if they aren't because it's more important to you to be able to watch football.

OK. Got it. We shall see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    My wife has five medical conditions that would put her in serious jeopardy should she get COVID-19. I have three. She can't get it therefore I can't get it. She has been isolated and when I need to go out, careful measures are implemented.

I fail to see how not doing everything possible to prevent the spread protects public health. I guess your answer is that NFL personnel are not hermetically sealed from the rest of society, but you don't care if they aren't because it's more important to you to be able to watch football.

OK. Got it. We shall see how it goes.
    For you and your wife Sam being as safe as possible is the right thing to do.

I go to work everyday, is my health not important? I think it is, I wear a mask and follow the protocols set by my employer. I donít see why NFL teams facilityís are less safe than my construction sites I work at or the office my wife works at. Do you?

Those who choose ( no one is being forced to work or play) based on the statistics I donít see Covid as a high risk for them.
    - tested 3 times a week
    - immediately quarantined if Positive test occurs and a team doctor and top medical staff to help in the recovery.

Letís be honest, at the end of the day 1 death is too many. Not playing this season isnít running in fear of the virus, itís just being cautious. You never know how any individual will react regardless of what the majority is. Human life is more important than human entertainment. Sure, every player takes a risk going on the field, but thatís a risk they know about going into the matter. Some may look at COVID as just another risk, while others will look at it as something they didnít sign up for. At the very least there should be some sort of opt in/out clause for players and if enough opt out to diminish the quality of the game then the season should be cancelled.

Yes Von got it and appears to be better, but we already know he has asthma and gets oxygen on the sidelines after almost every drive, if the virus made it even harder for him thatíd be devastating from a football perspective. I realize we can play the what if game all day, but letís indulge for a second, what if he had to be treated like players with sickle cell coming to Denver and can now only play road games? I guarantee you every fan would be mad because heís getting paid an exorbitant amount and is only playing 8 games a season, then he has to leave at the end of the year because he canít play home games in Denver.

Losing out on football for a year will only suck if you let it. Or you can see the glass as half full and realize your schedule just opened up for a whole lot extra you can do around the house, with your kids, or whatever hobbies you may have. Football players are not essential personnel, even if they get paid more in a season than most will see in a lifetime.

But donít worry, the season will go on. The NFL generates far too much revenue for them to cancel the season, even if a player dies, the NFL will continue even if they have to resort to scabs.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Letís be honest, at the end of the day 1 death is too many. Not playing this season isnít running in fear of the virus, itís just being cautious. You never know how any individual will react regardless of what the majority is. Human life is more important than human entertainment. Sure, every player takes a risk going on the field, but thatís a risk they know about going into the matter. Some may look at COVID as just another risk, while others will look at it as something they didnít sign up for. At the very least there should be some sort of opt in/out clause for players and if enough opt out to diminish the quality of the game then the season should be cancelled.

Yes Von got it and appears to be better, but we already know he has asthma and gets oxygen on the sidelines after almost every drive, if the virus made it even harder for him thatíd be devastating from a football perspective. I realize we can play the what if game all day, but letís indulge for a second, what if he had to be treated like players with sickle cell coming to Denver and can now only play road games? I guarantee you every fan would be mad because heís getting paid an exorbitant amount and is only playing 8 games a season, then he has to leave at the end of the year because he canít play home games in Denver.

Losing out on football for a year will only suck if you let it. Or you can see the glass as half full and realize your schedule just opened up for a whole lot extra you can do around the house, with your kids, or whatever hobbies you may have. Football players are not essential personnel, even if they get paid more in a season than most will see in a lifetime.

But donít worry, the season will go on. The NFL generates far too much revenue for them to cancel the season, even if a player dies, the NFL will continue even if they have to resort to scabs.
    NFL players are practicing together this summer. - zero deaths

NFL players have marched with thousands in peaceful protest - zero deaths

NFL players have tested positive for Covid and recovered - zero deaths

The risk is very low, their is a risk just like driving a car or getting injured playing football. The players who want to play should play, those that donít should retire or wait until they feel more safe.

Many people working right now. Calling someone essential doesnít make it any safer for them to work.

NFL players are practicing together this summer. - zero deaths

NFL players have marched with thousands in peaceful protest - zero deaths

NFL players have tested positive for Covid and recovered - zero deaths

The risk is very low, their is a risk just like driving a car or getting injured playing football. The players who want to play should play, those that don’t should retire or wait until they feel more safe.

Many people working right now. Calling someone essential doesn’t make it any safer for them to work.
    No deaths yet, but plenty of players have contracted the disease.

One preventable death is too many, they are working for entertainment, not stocking shelves, not doing something that is actually important to anyone other than fans who think they are entitled to have something to watch on tv.

For you and your wife Sam being as safe as possible is the right thing to do.

I go to work everyday, is my health not important? I think it is, I wear a mask and follow the protocols set by my employer. I donít see why NFL teams facilityís are less safe than my construction sites I work at or the office my wife works at. Do you?

Those who choose ( no one is being forced to work or play) based on the statistics I donít see Covid as a high risk for them.
    - tested 3 times a week
    - immediately quarantined if Positive test occurs and a team doctor and top medical staff to help in the recovery.
    Do you fly to another city for a couple of days about twice a month and return to family, friends and co-workers after having been in direct, repeated physical contact with residents of that city?

Do you host a group from another city about a couple of times a month and engage in close physical contact with them before they return to their families, friends and co-workers?

How does that not contribute to the spread? NFL personnel are not hermetically sealed from other citizens in the communities where they live.