Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    How about, He is a well educated Clown with a Masters degree?????
    I don't care for the guy, I kinda try to ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I can go with this...

So to recap..

Richard Sherman is a loud mouthed, yet well educated, Clown!

Hey rich S, you mad bro?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I can go with this...

So to recap..

Richard Sherman is a loud mouthed, yet well educated, Clown!

Hey rich S, you mad bro?
    Crabtree, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I bet most people who have had to work this whole time wish they could tell their company that they don't want to work and would love to take the year off.

I imagine these players who can't be bothered to work won't be going outside for the next 12 months then, no restaurants, bars, beaches, parks, gyms, etc........ or interacting with anyone.

They can hide behind that pathetic excuse as much as they want. Anyone with half a brain can see it for what it is, laziness.
    Sometimes I agree with what you are saying... like an example, I had 17 blood clots in my right lung and 22 in my left lung, the third time I had clots in total... I got a month off and I had to go back to work because lives depended on it. Then I see people that play a game for millions get a single clot and they get the proper 6-9 month recovery and it sucks and makes me wish I was them lol.

But I can tell you if I had the money/job to say I am going to put my family first, and forego work in this time, then I would. But I don't live like that so I have to work and take the same risk ans 90 percent of us that do. So it sucks seeing these guys do it, but I would probably as well if I were in their shoes and not having to wrory about it like us everyday guys adn gals.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Crabtree, is that you?
    Buahahahhaa
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Well, that would settle it scientifically forever, wouldn't it?
    Scientifically? Since when do personality judgement polls fall under the science category?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Highly educated clowns, morons, idiots, losers, jerks, parasites and tainted politicians are a dime a dozen in America.

It's somewhat difficult to ignore them because they're everywhere but I've gotten much better at it the past three and a half years.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Pro football isn't like regular jobs. NFL players have negotiations and contracts. If a player lives up to the terms of the contract I sure won't judge any player for making a personal decision.

I'm not sure the 1% death rate is the only thing we should consider. It seems like some think 1% is just a number. Out of the 100 people or so on the Bronco sideline, who specifically do you think should die? Let's pick a real person and not just some number.

What if a player has a pregnant wife? Should he be at his child's birth and if so, how long does he have to isolate first?

But 1% death rate is only one factor. What about the 19% that get COVID and don't die but have other very serious conditions because of it?

Look at a video of the Bronco sidelines. After you've picked the one person on that sideline that dies, now pick 19 more people on that same sideline that will have any of these conditions. Who gets a stroke? Who loses cognitive function? Please be specific with your choices.

Excellent post! I'm thinking there's a strong possibility you're a medical doctor.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Pro football isn't like regular jobs. NFL players have negotiations and contracts. If a player lives up to the terms of the contract I sure won't judge any player for making a personal decision.

I'm not sure the 1% death rate is the only thing we should consider. It seems like some think 1% is just a number. Out of the 100 people or so on the Bronco sideline, who specifically do you think should die? Let's pick a real person and not just some number.

What if a player has a pregnant wife? Should he be at his child's birth and if so, how long does he have to isolate first?

But 1% death rate is only one factor. What about the 19% that get COVID and don't die but have other very serious conditions because of it?

Look at a video of the Bronco sidelines. After you've picked the one person on that sideline that dies, now pick 19 more people on that same sideline that will have any of these conditions. Who gets a stroke? Who loses cognitive function? Please be specific with your choices.

Does age make any difference in the 19%
    Advance age and underlying conditions play a huge part in those who have complications,hospitalized, and die from this virus.

Hereís an example of New York:

Death rates for COVID-19 in New York City as of July 12, 2020, by age group (per 100,000 people)

Rate per 100,000 people
    0-17 years 0.75
    18-44 years 21.37
    45-64 years 202.77
    65-74 years 663.84
    75 years and older 1,668.45

The Virus is deadly for the elderly and people with underlying conditions. Their are cases of healthy young people dying but it is rare.

The NFL and other leagues Iím sure are taking this into consideration.

Several soccer leagues have opened back up and so has NASCAR and the UFC.

Have their been deaths in those leagues? Do 19% of those affected have serious conditions?
    I donít think using the 1% death rate is fair or saying that the virus affects the healthy and ages 18-44 the same as 65 and older and those with underlying conditions.

Good post. Right now, percentage of closed cases that end in death is about 8%, not 1% like everyone so erroneously attempts to claim. (because they figure it up by taking the total population divided by the number of deaths, which is not an accurate way to do anything because the entire population hasn't been exposed) If that 8% figure holds true over the entire population, 8% of the population is 26,256,000. That's more us citizens than all the wars in the last 100 years

This has all become so politicized that I don't trust any opinions, meme's, etc. I try and just look at stats and the research (and even the research can possibly be politicized as in the anti-hydroxy study that was released with a ton of errors).

As of right now, I don't see this ending for awhile. It seems antibodies don't stay in the body more than a few months, so immunity, as of now, doesn't seem to be a thing. It's also pretty clear that people under 40 in good health have almost no complications, statistically. So I don't know what we do with all that. Players themselves would probably be fine, but all the supporting staff may not be. And fans...I don't see how fans can come back unless it's all up to choice.

My personal gut feeling is almost all professional sports will be cancelled mid-season. There are bound to be outbreaks and because still so little is known, they'll just postpone/cancel. (NBA has the best chance with their "bubble", but I personally doubt it holds).

Hope I'm wrong and science can take this down.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Good post. Right now, percentage of closed cases that end in death is about 8%, not 1% like everyone so erroneously attempts to claim. (because they figure it up by taking the total population divided by the number of deaths, which is not an accurate way to do anything because the entire population hasn't been exposed) If that 8% figure holds true over the entire population, 8% of the population is 26,256,000. That's more us citizens than all the wars in the last 100 years
    I know in Nebraska they didn't even keep track of "closed" cases for the first couple months. I think using that as the denominator is not a accurate way of finding the death rate. Even using total positive cases is almost certainly under counted, as many have no idea they have it (hence the continued spread). I haven't seen anyone suggest anything near 8% as a possible death rate number.

And just an FYI, I have bad health anxiety, and fret over all things that can kill me all the time (and go to counselling twice a month). I'm seriously concerned about this. I drive my family nuts over precautions. But I try not to be a fear-monger.

One Day At A Time ! DB4L !!

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    I know in Nebraska they didn't even keep track of "closed" cases for the first couple months. I think using that as the denominator is not a accurate way of finding the death rate. Even using total positive cases is almost certainly under counted, as many have no idea they have it (hence the continued spread). I haven't seen anyone suggest anything near 8% as a possible death rate number.

And just an FYI, I have bad health anxiety, and fret over all things that can kill me all the time (and go to counselling twice a month). I'm seriously concerned about this. I drive my family nuts over precautions. But I try not to be a fear-monger.
    Considering they were not testing people with symptoms as late as April I think a lot of caution needs to be used when looking at early data,

The problem with this data is the same as the people who are trying to push the ~0.05% fatality rate but from the other side.

It assumes everyone in the USA will test positive for Covid19 which is a bad assumption.