Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Dont forget they've found that the numbers of positive is 10x what they thought . That in itself lowers the death rate. Maaskers , sorry to hear about your anxiety. My wife has had anxiety since my daughters were born , so for 24 yrs now . It's a rough thing to deal with . Take precautions that make you feel comfortable and safe . I wish you the best .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Dont forget they've found that the numbers of positive is 10x what they thought . That in itself lowers the death rate. Maaskers , sorry to hear about your anxiety. My wife has had anxiety since my daughters were born , so for 24 yrs now . It's a rough thing to deal with . Take precautions that make you feel comfortable and safe . I wish you the best .
    How can they possibly have any kind of statistical proof on this? So many people still havenít even been tested. Outside of grocery shopping or doing a hike my family hardly ever leaves the house. We have no reason to be tested. As is the case for probably millions more.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    How can they possibly have any kind of statistical proof on this? So many people still havenít even been tested. Outside of grocery shopping or doing a hike my family hardly ever leaves the house. We have no reason to be tested. As is the case for probably millions more.
    By the antibody test. I cant tell you the specifics but they check antibodies. So if you get that test and have antibodies you've been exposed. They calculated the numbers of people with antibodies and came to the conclusion that the numbers infected were 10x higher.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    By the antibody test. I cant tell you the specifics but they check antibodies. So if you get that test and have antibodies you've been exposed. They calculated the numbers of people with antibodies and came to the conclusion that the numbers infected were 10x higher.
    Someone mentioned, either in this thread or the corona virus thread, a study conducted in the LA area by USC and some other organizations that showed, through antibodies testing, that far more people have been exposed than originally thought. That study only involved one county, but itís certainly the case for a lot more areas.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Not necessarily, a common cold or the flu can show antibodies since it's a virus. Both part of the covid family, imo, that's why we have so many numbers. People are so afraid of this thing any little symptom they have they'll get checked and it'll come back covid19. Hate all you want people, it's happening all over the country....lies on top of lies

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Not necessarily, a common cold or the flu can show antibodies since it's a virus. Both part of the covid family, imo, that's why we have so many numbers. People are so afraid of this thing any little symptom they have they'll get checked and it'll come back covid19. Hate all you want people, it's happening all over the country....lies on top of lies
    I remember reading about Drs saying covid wasnt a flu . It has different strains . The flu antibodies stay for about 3 months , the flu antibodies stay in your system for 8 months. They supposedly can tell a difference. I dont trust 100% about this whole ordeal . Agreed lies on top of lies

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...019-vs-the-flu

They are different.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I know they are different although they both show similar symptoms. I'm saying no matter what you may have they clinics and hospitals don't care. They will label you so they get their kickback's. It's a fact, there are hundreds of nurses and doctors coming out about e and as long as that continues I won't believe a word about our "numbers"

I know they are different although they both show similar symptoms. I'm saying no matter what you may have they clinics and hospitals don't care. They will label you so they get their kickback's. It's a fact, there are hundreds of nurses and doctors coming out about e and as long as that continues I won't believe a word about our "numbers"
    It's this minipulation that will hinder things.... including sporting events

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Someone mentioned, either in this thread or the corona virus thread, a study conducted in the LA area by USC and some other organizations that showed, through antibodies testing, that far more people have been exposed than originally thought. That study only involved one county, but it’s certainly the case for a lot more areas.
    Link to the study mentioned

https://news.usc.edu/168987/antibody...ngeles-county/

Keep in mind this was data taken from a point in time completely different compared to today in terms of how people get tested. I can tell you in April in Los Angeles county people with symptoms were not getting tested unless they met a certain age or health condition requirement....unless they found a private doctor to give them the test and they paid out of pocket for it.

Today someone can cough from a dry throat and get tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    The problem with this data is the same as the people who are trying to push the ~0.05% fatality rate but from the other side.

It assumes everyone in the USA will test positive for Covid19 which is a bad assumption.
    And a problem with this point is it's assuming some type of herd immunity. While everyone in the US won't test positive we can't rule out that others will test positive multiple times and may have, or not have, other symptoms. So if 33% of Americans get COVID 3 times, the same numbers would apply. Just like all of the 100 Broncos may not get COVID. But some of them may get it more than once too.

The Head Medical person is suggesting Western Canada go back into phase 1 lockdown stuff... with a few new outbreaks happening here.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    And a problem with this point is it's assuming some type of herd immunity. While everyone in the US won't test positive we can't rule out that others will test positive multiple times and may have, or not have, other symptoms. So if 33% of Americans get COVID 3 times, the same numbers would apply. Just like all of the 100 Broncos may not get COVID. But some of them may get it more than once too.
    Herd immunity has nothing to do with my point.

Extrapolating numbers assuming everyone in the USA will test positive is bad logic. The fact some people can get it more than once like you referenced is another another reason why the numbers should be looked it with a skeptical eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Link to the study mentioned

https://news.usc.edu/168987/antibody...ngeles-county/

Keep in mind this was data taken from a point in time completely different compared to today in terms of how people get tested. I can tell you in April in Los Angeles county people with symptoms were not getting tested unless they met a certain age or health condition requirement....unless they found a private doctor to give them the test and they paid out of pocket for it.

Today someone can cough from a dry throat and get tested.
    It is nevertheless interesting that the estimated percentage of people in the US (based on this study) with Covid-19 antibodies, and therefore presumed to have suffered from the disease is approximately 4%. This mirrors pretty closely similar studies (including recent ones) carried out in Spain and the UK, where the rates are estimated at around 5%. These rates are much higher in big cities and lower in more suburban and rural areas.

There simply isn't going to be herd immunity without a vaccine, which is unsurprising as I can't recall herd immunity ever previously being tried without a vaccine or highly effective therapeutics.