Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Baseball will shed a lot of light on The NFL. No hub cities. Teams flying to and from. And baseball will be compared to hockey and basketball, as they all start closely together, 2 in hub cities only and 1 in home and away travel.

We should learn a lot in the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    This is going to be a wild fantasy draft. You got two strategies, the way I see it. Ultra conservative, and Babe Ruth. I like it. My sleepers are going to remain sleepers, unless some buffoon on television spills the beans.
    I was thinking about it. Might go the "cautious, conservative" route, in case the season gets ended early.....

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I was thinking about it. Might go the "cautious, conservative" route, in case the season gets ended early.....
    In that case, I'd say we're all screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    In that case, I'd say we're all screwed.
    Better review our rules.....is there a winner in an unfinished season?? Might be a tiny consolation for football withdrawal syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Maybe, but friends and family may feel that the worst part of Covid is not being able to gather around the death bed to say goodbye.
    This is sad. My Grandpa died May 1st. My mom and aunts were not allowed to be with him as he died even though they didnt have the virus nor did my Grandpa .

Also a bit of good news , out of over 4k players , coaches and trainers for the NBA, NHL, MLB and MLS only 2 tested positive. I believe those were from the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    This is sad. My Grandpa died May 1st. My mom and aunts were not allowed to be with him as he died even though they didnt have the virus nor did my Grandpa .

Also a bit of good news , out of over 4k players , coaches and trainers for the NBA, NHL, MLB and MLS only 2 tested positive. I believe those were from the NHL.
    That's not true I believe I count count more then 2 from the nba and nfl individually. Ruby Gobert donavan Mitchell Nikola jokic von miller Sean Payton. Where did you get those stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    That's not true I believe I count count more then 2 from the nba and nfl individually. Ruby Gobert donavan Mitchell Nikola jokic von miller Sean Payton. Where did you get those stats?
    Sorry , should have been more specific. Not past tests this was just recent testing.

The NFL wasnt included in that post btw

NFL just came out a few min ago and stated 95 tested positive.

Sorry , should have been more specific. Not past tests this was just recent testing.

The NFL wasnt included in that post btw

NFL just came out a few min ago and stated 95 tested positive.
    The NBA had a positive test inside the bubble last week, and Dwight Howard was warned by the league about not wearing a mask. He promptly went to Instagram to rant on how he doesn't believe in that stuff.

The NBA had zero cases as of recent tests. That's a really good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    The NBA had zero cases as of recent tests. That's a really good thing.
    Agreed! Would love to see the country see the pro leagues have success and follow them by wearing masks, social distancing, washing their hands regularly, and quarantine & get tested if you feel sick.

Update. NFL players positive tests are 59 not 95 as first reported.

Link to NFL source for 59 players. The 95 came from all football personnel, not just players.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nflpa-appro...s-for-covid-19

Also in the link the NFLPA approved the Broncos Infectious disease emergency response (IDER) plan.

The below link was given for player as a resource.

https://nflpa.com/covid-19-updates-information

It says Denver has the 9th least concentration in NFL markets...look at the link for the details.

Update. NFL players positive tests are 59 not 95 as first reported.
    I'm pretty sure the 95 includes team personal too like coaches, trainers and the 59 is for players only.

If I were in charge I'd strongly have considered starting the season with division rivals playing back to back games. This means neither team comes in contact with any other team for two weeks and the first 6 games all teams are isolated by their division teams. It would also be useful for determining division champs for the playoffs is the season is cut short.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 95 includes team personal too like coaches, trainers and the 59 is for players only.

If I were in charge I'd strongly have considered starting the season with division rivals playing back to back games. This means neither team comes in contact with any other team for two weeks and the first 6 games all teams are isolated by their division teams. It would also be useful for determining division champs for the playoffs is the season is cut short.
    Yes players were 59 , unless they change it again. It blows my mind that over 4000 that were tested between NBA, MLS, NHL and MLB there was only 2 positives while the NFL had 90+.

The divisional games front loaded seems like a good idea. I'm surprised they didnt think about it like that.

Tom Brady has reported to Bucs facility. I just check now and the NFLPA is still reviewing the Bucs plan.