Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Were about to see our first test. The Nationals had their best player play yesterday and test positive today. And the team is still playing the season opener tonight. It will be interesting.

Chiefs Starting right guard opted out of this season.

But before anyone judges him hes actually a doctor and said hes going to risk it for his patients.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

But before anyone judges him he’s actually a doctor and said he’s going to risk it for his patients.
    Well he had a medical doctorate..... But he actually worked as an orderly in Montreal at a long term care facility..

Either way... good for him...
    Last edited by EddieMac; 07-24-2020 at 08:58 PM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

But before anyone judges him he’s actually a doctor and said he’s going to risk it for his patients.
    "I cannot allow myself to potentially transmit the virus in our communities simply to play the sport that I love. If I am to take risks, I will do it caring for patients."

Wow, what a great and heroic individual. THIS GUY gets it....

Players agree to terms...it looks like the season will be played.

To infinity...and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post

Right but there is an opt out clause that allows players to sit out and not lose their job in 2021.

So far one player has already opted out however I think he is doing it for a good cause.

Others will follow. So I do think the season will occur now. But now the question becomes will we have full strength teams with their super stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post

That agreement also comes with a drop in salary cap for 2021 too. It is going to be in the ball park of 175 million, compared to the 198 that we have this year. I just read an article in profootballtalk that there are already 8 teams over that cap number and will have to cut or restructure just to get under. That group includes the Eagles, Saints, Falcons, Chiefs, Steelers, Bears, Raiders and Vikings. Next year's free agent class is going to be flooded with top talent and will make it a buyer's market.

For every player who opts out there will be 50 waiting to take their place....and this is just counting the people who have actually played football in college and/or professionally

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    That agreement also comes with a drop in salary cap for 2021 too. It is going to be in the ball park of 175 million, compared to the 198 that we have this year. I just read an article in profootballtalk that there are already 8 teams over that cap number and will have to cut or restructure just to get under. That group includes the Eagles, Saints, Falcons, Chiefs, Steelers, Bears, Raiders and Vikings. Next year's free agent class is going to be flooded with top talent and will make it a buyer's market.
    This is why a deal was so important to the players. Some teams already in trouble with how they worked out the 2021 cap to have a minimal impact.

If that deal did not happen there would have been a lot of guys released in the NFL due to salary cap going down.

The are some long term risks but if in 2021 and 2022 the salary cap goes up like it has been every year until now than all this will be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    This is why a deal was so important to the players. Some teams already in trouble with how they worked out the 2021 cap to have a minimal impact.

If that deal did not happen there would have been a lot of guys released in the NFL due to salary cap going down.

The are some long term risks but if in 2021 and 2022 the salary cap goes up like it has been every year until now than all this will be forgotten.
    Hopefully this is the case....along with many other facets of our current life

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Hopefully this is the case....along with many other facets of our current life
    No doubt !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    For every player who opts out there will be 50 waiting to take their place....and this is just counting the people who have actually played football in college and/or professionally
    Doesnt mean you wont notice a drop in quality.

Doesn’t mean you won’t notice a drop in quality.
    I went through this before in the strike season decades ago with "scab" players...I was entertained back then and I will be entertained now.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    "I cannot allow myself to potentially transmit the virus in our communities simply to play the sport that I love. If I am to take risks, I will do it caring for patients."

Wow, what a great and heroic individual. THIS GUY gets it....
    Noble act taking care of patients and it hurts the Chiefs

Right but there is an opt out clause that allows players to sit out and not lose their job in 2021.

So far one player has already opted out however I think he is doing it for a good cause.

Others will follow. So I do think the season will occur now. But now the question becomes will we have full strength teams with their super stars?
    Well yeah, he's also a doctor, and has been working on the front lines at a nursing home in Quebec. I think his opting out and other players opting out are very different.

Given he still needs to do his residency, I'm not sure he'll ever come back to the NFL.