Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Kyle peko has opted out,,, the first Bronco to do so...

Looks like a trend for the trenches players.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I read that Andrew Beck our FB was sent home due to Covid-19 I am just not to sure how you can have a season with all that is going on or can you?

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I read that Andrew Beck our FB was sent home due to Covid-19 I am just not to sure how you can have a season with all that is going on or can you?
    What I fear for any sport is that it becomes a war of attrition and survival, because of the virus, which would diminish the integrity of the leagues. The NHL and NBA are not quite, but basically in playoff mode. Imagine if teams started losing key players, maybe entire teams, and by the end of the playoffs, it was the two non impacted teams left. What would that prove in terms of deserving to be there. A good covid response?

Baseball and football are starting from scratch and hope to have some form of season/playoffs to conclude their seasons. A lot can go wrong, to and from other sites, and over a longer period of time than in hockey and basketball, who are hub city sports.

In the end, what would constitute a legit championship? For me there has to be some semblance of integrity, in that the final teams are not there because of luck, and perhaps better covid measures alone. Good for them if they have solid plans/processes in that regard, but that's not the way a season should be decided.

The Marlins just had their 18th player out of 33 test positive today. This is what is concerning. The incubation period. This is what worries me for the NFL. If a player tests positive during the season, how long is that team 'radioactive'? I just don't see the NFL postponing games like the MLB. Will they play games shorthanded?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    MLB is not making me optimistic about the football season going off without a problem. Another team has COVID positive members. Causing more postponements. And then we have to see what happens with the team they were playing.
    MLB played 9 of 10 games yesterday. One was postponed.

There are learning curves but essentially the pro sports are starting to give us a window into what moving forward looks like. Soccer got to the knock out round. NBA played 2 games yesterday and 6 are scheduled today. NHL has 5 games tomorrow.

Considering what we see on the news every day I get all the people wondering how will it happen....I do not think people are giving enough credit to those who want to keep life moving forward though. Some people do not want to wait at home until some "heroic action" saves the day that may never come or may not work if one is delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post

There are learning curves but essentially the pro sports are starting to give us a window into what moving forward looks like. Soccer got to the knock out round. NBA played 2 games yesterday and 6 are scheduled today. NHL has 5 games tomorrow.

Considering what we see on the news every day I get all the people wondering how will it happen....I do not think people are giving enough credit to those who want to keep life moving forward though. Some people do not want to wait at home until some "heroic action" saves the day that may never come or may not work if one is delivered.
    Incorrect, the Phillies-Yankees and Marlins-Orioles were postponed due to COVID yesterday. Today the Cardinals-Brewers, Marlins-Nationals, and Phillies-Blue Jays are postponed to COVID. Now that the Cardinals have positive tests, who knows how many games they will miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Incorrect, the Phillies-Yankees and Marlins-Orioles were postponed due to COVID yesterday. Today the Cardinals-Brewers, Marlins-Nationals, and Phillies-Blue Jays are postponed to COVID. Now that the Cardinals have positive tests, who knows how many games they will miss.
    True but the point remains the same

MLB is still playing

https://www.mlb.com/schedule

This is what sports will look like fyi...teams replacing players who test positive

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/marlins...141838200.html

Marlins add 2 ex-Phillies with roster depleted by COVID outbreak

In need of players after 17 of their 30 reportedly tested positive for COVID-19, the Marlins have agreed to deals with a couple of recent ex-Phillies.

The Marlins have added utilityman Logan Forsythe, who was granted his release ahead of opening day by the Phillies after he was told he wouldn't make the team, and Mike Morin, a right-handed reliever who made 29 appearances with the 2019 Phils.

The Marlins will continue to make moves like this because, when their season continues, they will need a semblance of big-league quality talent to be competitive with such a large portion of their roster unavailable.

There are now seven players in the Marlins' 60-man pool and injured list who previously spent time in the Phillies organization. Beyond the two new additions, there's Corey Dickerson, Jorge Alfaro, Jonathan Villar, Sean Rodriguez and Sixto Sanchez.

There was a belief that Sanchez could join the Marlins early in their 2020 campaign but that no longer appears to be the case. Sanchez did not pitch in spring training and is still building arm strength and stamina at the Marlins' satellite site in Jupiter, Fla.

Sanchez, of course, was the Phillies' top prospect before they traded him to Miami with Alfaro for J.T. Realmuto in February 2019. Sanchez, who turned 22 on Wednesday, entered the season as MLB.com's 22nd-ranked prospect.

Villar was traded by the Phillies 10 years ago this week with J.A. Happ and Anthony Gose to the Astros for Roy Oswalt. Villar has turned into a pretty good big-league infielder over his eight seasons in Houston, Milwaukee, Baltimore and now Miami. His best year was 2016 when he hit .285 for the Brewers with an .826 OPS, 19 homers and 62 stolen bases.

Dickerson went 4 for 13 in the season-opening series against the Phillies and homered off of Nick Pivetta. Had the Phillies known last offseason that the DH would be coming to the National League, they may have made more of an effort to re-sign Dickerson, who raked here last season but didn't have an everyday spot in the outfield.

True but the point remains the same

MLB is still playing

https://www.mlb.com/schedule
    For now they are. You have 2 teams who will have missed 8 to 10 games of their 60 game season in 1 week. Now you have another team with a breakout. Will teams want to play them? 20 percent of the league has had postponed games due to COVID. The league is approving playing 7 inning games so they can squeeze in multiple double headers. Hopefully the NFL is seeing this blunder and are trying to come up with plans for if teams get this during the season.

The nfl has the advantage of playing only once weekly.. giving some space between games,, ( except stupid Thursday night )
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I have to say....this point confuses me. I think most of us want life to continue through. Many of us are moving about way more than we were a couple of months ago. Things will progress even faster if people are smart. Moving forward for the sake of moving forward is not a plan in these times. It needs to be supported by sound judgement and wise behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I have to say....this point confuses me. I think most of us want life to continue through. Many of us are moving about way more than we were a couple of months ago. Things will progress even faster if people are smart. Moving forward for the sake of moving forward is not a plan in these times. It needs to be supported by sound judgement and wise behaviour.
    Well some people have been going to work. They do not have to wait for the "sound judgment and wise behavior" because they were told in March if they want to be able to pay bills they need to show up to work.

Some people are lucky enough to be able to choose to stay at home and wait for "sound judgment and wise behavior". Managing risks is not something new to the world in 2020...we been doing it since the dawn on man.

If people want to stay home and wait for "sound judgment and wise behavior" they should be allowed to.

If people want to push on and manage risks while life is lived...allow them to do so.

It has been almost 5 months at a certain point people should be able to make the choice.
    Last edited by Hadez; 07-31-2020 at 01:00 PM.

More and more players are dropping out like flies it seems
    Ready for Autumn Winds!

Well some people have been going to work. They do not have to wait for the "sound judgment and wise behavior" because they were told in March if they want to be able to pay bills they need to show up to work.

Some people are lucky enough to be able to choose to stay at home and wait for "sound judgment and wise behavior". Managing risks is not something new to the world in 2020...we been doing it since the dawn on man.

If people want to stay home and wait for "sound judgment and wise behavior" they should be allowed to.

If people want to push on and manage risks while life is lived...allow them to do so.

It has been almost 5 months at a certain point people should be able to make the choice.
    You posted that we are not giving enough credit to those who want to move forward, and I am not sure if that means they are doing it wisely, or they just never bought in to the pandemic. I don't blame anyone for wanting to move forward.

But yeah, sound judgement and wise behaviour resonate with me. I said it again.

Unlike what apparently happened with The Marlins (per a good source) in which it appears that one or more of them went out for some fun instead of staying in their hotel, which has led to significant concerns within MLB. That may be an extreme example for some, but it's still the same thing....taking unnnecessary risks.

I think the biggest obstacle for the NFL re-starting is the fact it is being played in the States. Not because of the virus numbers but because of the attitudes with a lot of people over there compared to the vast majority of the world. I was speaking to my brother last night who is a big fan of American sports (Dolphins and Lakers) and the chat shows but he agreed that Americans are 'unique' in their approach to sports and its a problem moving forward.