Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-trainin...g-as-scheduled

Training camp for all 32 NFL teams will commence as previously scheduled, with veterans set to report on July 28.

NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent sent an email to all 32 NFL clubs' general managers and head coaches notifying them of this on Saturday.

The email, obtained by NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, read:

At [Friday's] league meeting, the membership was advised that under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the reporting dates for training camp this year are as follows.

Rookies - July 21

Quarterbacks and injured players - July 23

All other players - July 28

Each team sets exact dates.

Players from all over the league took to social media at noon today saying they are not satisfied with the NFLs lack of effort to ensure player safety throughout the season and if something is not done soon there will be no football in 2020.

Still think the season is not at risk?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Players from all over the league took to social media at noon today saying they are not satisfied with the NFLs lack of effort to ensure player safety throughout the season and if something is not done soon there will be no football in 2020.

Oh it for sure is. And the same people refusing to wear masks are going to be the same ones yelling and calling the players selfish for choosing to not play for their own safety.

I saw that. I also heard that 14 teams are in what is considered 'red zone' states. I wonder if that will have any bearing on travel in and out.

I ready to throw my arms in the air and walk away from watching the sport I love... I am really not liking the direction this league is going..

Shut it down players, please... don't play, don’t get paid ...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I ready to throw my arms in the air and walk away from watching the sport I love... I am really not liking the direction this league is going..

The players donít have to put their families health at risk for me to still love and support the Broncos in 2021.

As long as the players get no money for choosing to sit out for safety reasons, I'm ok with it (welcome to the reality that the rest of us live in).

If the players are fighting to get paid while choosing to sit out the season for safety reasons, I trust that they'll be donating 75% of their millions to all of the unemployed folks out there, who's businesses were shut down, with people struggling to buy a loaf of bread.

Or will this just be like a fully paid sabbatical for them?
    To infinity...and beyond.

And I really love the we want to play hashtag...

Well then figure something out..and play... or don’t..

Don’t make this a media thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    As long as the players get no money for choosing to sit out for safety reasons, I'm ok with it (welcome to the reality that the rest of us live in).

If the players are fighting to get paid while choosing to sit out the season for safety reasons, I trust that they'll be donating 75% of their millions to all of the unemployed folks out there, who's businesses were shut down, with people struggling to buy a loaf of bread.

Or will this just be like a fully paid sabbatical for them?
    I have said I donít support them getting paid while sitting out. But as long as they are unpaid then I wonít blame them for sitting out for family safety.

Scab players entertained me decades ago...let them bring in replacements for players who do not want to play in 2020.

I am sure the NFL would have no problem finding enough people willing to play.

Do not pay anyone who refuses to play.

I have said I don’t support them getting paid while sitting out. But as long as they are unpaid then I won’t blame them for sitting out for family safety.
    Play and get paid sit out and don’t. It should be easy... work with the NFLPA and NFL to make safety measures that work for all.. and stay out of the media about this..

The players are liars.

All theyíre doing is negotiating through the media.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Players want to protect their families by not playing they should. That means they also shouldnít get paid. 40 million Americans were given the opportunity to work or not they just lost their jobs. If a player has a pandemic clause in his contract then theyíll be fine. If not, making a living playing football is a privilege not a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Oh it for sure is. And the same people refusing to wear masks are going to be the same ones yelling and calling the players selfish for choosing to not play for their own safety.

If they have real concerns that playing football makes them and their families less safe they shouldnít play, or get paid.

Hospital, grocery store workers for example probably fear for their families and they have 100 times greater chance of getting the virus. It is a choice and a risk that everyone has to make for themselves.

Iím curious what the players are doing that makes them safer than going to a workplace with regular testing for everyone. How and who do they get food from?
    Von was able to get tested immediately when he didnít feel well at the Broncos facility much faster, safer and quicker than going to a testing spot.

If I could be tested regularly even once a week I would feel much safer than just wearing a mask hoping I donít get it. You get tested and get a positive then you immediately can quarantine and narrow down who else may have it in your circle.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-20-2020 at 05:17 AM.

And I really love the we want to play hashtag...

Well then figure something out..and play... or don’t..

Don’t make this a media thing..
    Lol!!!! Thatís the new trend, have a movement and call it something that itís not.