Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Would you be calling Peyton Manning a clown if he were still playing and vocal? Can we not call people we don't agree with clowns maybe?
    Sherman has a history of saying crap just for the sake of say crap.

If Manning said the same thing I might not call him a clown but I would probably still disagree with him.

It makes perfect sense to resume social distancing once the game is over. I find it hard to believe that someone smart enough to go to Stanford isn’t smart enough to figure that out. His criticism is disingenuous.

I don’t necessarily agree with social distancing, but it is what we’ve decided to go with. Once it’s possible, get back to it.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I think players Should be able to opt out for the season if they chose,,

But forgo pay.. maybe do something like put their contract on hold for a year... so it resumes as scheduled next season. They get their position back. And if cut then put in a clause that they get whatever is coming as per the contract, plus the “non played year” accelerated.

No money lost, except a year of playing... but that becomes the players choice. They can still generate whatever income the can from endorsements etc.

As far as associating with each other... the NFL almost has to say that because of the social distancing rules etc.
    This - if they forfeit the money for the year, and choose to sit out for safety reasons, then I support their decision 100%.

If the season is canceled, the business/league won't be making "football season" revenue, so, why should the players? Welcome to the reality that the rest of us non-multimillionaire celebrities have to face. If you don't work, you don't get paid.

I guess the view is a little different from their gated ivory tower.
    To infinity...and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Sherman has a history of saying crap just for the sake of say crap.

If Manning said the same thing I might not call him a clown but I would probably still disagree with him.

It makes perfect sense to resume social distancing once the game is over. I find it hard to believe that someone smart enough to go to Stanford isn’t smart enough to figure that out. His criticism is disingenuous.

I don’t necessarily agree with social distancing
    , but it is what we’ve decided to go with. Once it’s possible, get back to it.
    If you don't agree with it anyway its hard to make the case for players to immediately observe it as soon as the whistle goes to the point of not being able to shake hands with players they have just spent 60 minutes contacting and being up close against.

I don't always agree with Sherman but I think most people can see how daft this looks. It is purely for show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    This - if they forfeit the money for the year, and choose to sit out for safety reasons, then I support their decision 100%.

If the season is canceled, the business/league won't be making "football season" revenue, so, why should the players? Welcome to the reality that the rest of us non-multimillionaire celebrities have to face. If you don't work, you don't get paid.

I guess the view is a little different from their gated ivory tower.
    This is a view I would agree with. This is how it should be for every single person, not just those who are not millionaires.

Just like when they opened up the country the Covid-19 cases spiked, it most likely will happen in the NFL as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    If you don't agree with it anyway its hard to make the case for players to immediately observe it as soon as the whistle goes to the point of not being able to shake hands with players they have just spent 60 minutes contacting and being up close against.

I don't always agree with Sherman but I think most people can see how daft this looks. It is purely for show.
    If Captain America orders Private Benjamin to dig a foxhole, Private Benjamin doesn’t have to agree with it, he’s just got to do it.

I don’t have to agree with social distancing in order to do it or expect others to do it.

It is the course of action we’ve decided to go with whenever possible.

It’s reasonable to ask players to resume social distancing once the game is over.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    This is my take as well . So many people out there are holding on for a vaccine or a cure all. I'm so ready for this to run its course. Just hoping we get our season .
    I get that, and I agree with you guys about herd immunity, but the vaccine and/or treatment thing is a difference in a ton of lives. Herd immunity isn't 70% without a vaccine. It's more like 90%. If we all run around willy nilly, we'll get there super fast, and a ton of people will die. If we take precautions to slow the spread while a vaccine or treatment is developed, it takes longer, but a lot of people stay alive. And hell, maybe the long way is only a year or so. I know testing increased over the period, but the new case rate per 5 days has increased an average of around 21% over the last 25 days. That, and they're saying the actual number of infections is somewhere around 10 times higher than the reported number. You start doing some math there, and you see how these guys trying to come up with treatments or vaccinations are really against the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    So how long after the game is long enough to resume social distancing?
    If you and I are tested and we are negative we dont have anything to worry about . You cant catch something I dont have . These players are going to be tested a lot . It makes zero sense to clear them for contact only to prohibit them from shaking hands or jersey swap as soon as the game ends .

If you and I are tested and we are negative we dont have anything to worry about . You cant catch something I dont have . These players are going to be tested a lot . It makes zero sense to clear them for contact only to prohibit them from shaking hands or jersey swap as soon as the game ends .
    I agree, the problem with this way of thinking is it involves common sense, something many people in positions of power seem to lack.

I think it’s been well demonstrated that the testing isn’t always reliable.

Have you all thought about the possibility that this virus never goes away ? What then ?
    OR...this virus morphs into other, more deadly strains of COVID, just like the seasonal flu changes. So much unknown about this iceberg. How much of the tip are we seeing?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Well, with Sherman specifically.... he is a clown...
    I totally agree. Sherman is a clown. Someone should create a poll...is he or isn't he?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Pro football isn't like regular jobs. NFL players have negotiations and contracts. If a player lives up to the terms of the contract I sure won't judge any player for making a personal decision.

I'm not sure the 1% death rate is the only thing we should consider. It seems like some think 1% is just a number. Out of the 100 people or so on the Bronco sideline, who specifically do you think should die? Let's pick a real person and not just some number.

What if a player has a pregnant wife? Should he be at his child's birth and if so, how long does he have to isolate first?

But 1% death rate is only one factor. What about the 19% that get COVID and don't die but have other very serious conditions because of it?

Look at a video of the Bronco sidelines. After you've picked the one person on that sideline that dies, now pick 19 more people on that same sideline that will have any of these conditions. Who gets a stroke? Who loses cognitive function? Please be specific with your choices.

Last edited by lvbronx; 07-13-2020 at 12:25 AM.

While NYC reported 0 deaths yesterday for the first time in 4 months,,,
    Phoenix, Texas counties order morgue trucks in latest grim sign of rising COVID-19 rates.
    20 hrs ago
    Morgue trucks are being ordered by Texas counties and Phoenix, Arizona, as the skyrocketing number of COVID-19 cases in the states move into the next chilling phase: an overwhelming death toll.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    I totally agree. Sherman is a clown. Someone should create a poll...is he or isn't he?
    Well, that would settle it scientifically forever, wouldn't it?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus