Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    The testing Protocol to start camp:
    Upon arriving at the team facility for the first time, players and team employees will be required to test negative twice before being allowed in. Basically, you show up on Day 1, take a test, go home, then show up on Day 2, take a test, go home, and if both come back negative, you can go into the building and get to work.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-training-camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    It is, and that’s what is tough for these guys who aren’t guaranteed a long career. I feel for those who might lose a year of their career and be closer to the end or who won’t get a shot due to no preseason. Tough circumstances.
    Itís not an easy decision for sure. I see it as an experiment that could help doctors and scientists study the virus. A lot more than football could come from a season. When a player gets the virus, tracing what activities, and locations ( indoor or outdoor) are more likely to result in infection.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Please forgive my grammar..
    No problem.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

One little tid bit guys . I know numerous people who have it and had it . Everyone has came back to work with no issues . We just sent 12 home last week because they tested +. They will be out for 10-14 days . Youd be surprised how many of their spouses and kids tested negative. We are testing every couple weeks .

Another issue is false negatives. I believe this is a huge number of positive cases . A small % of the people I know had symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    One little tid bit guys . I know numerous people who have it and had it . Everyone has came back to work with no issues . We just sent 12 home last week because they tested +. They will be out for 10-14 days . Youd be surprised how many of their spouses and kids tested negative. We are testing every couple weeks .

Another issue is false negatives. I believe this is a huge number of positive cases . A small % of the people I know had symptoms.
    Tell it to the family and friends of the 140,000+ and counting who have died and will die.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Tell it to the family and friends of the 140,000+ and counting who have died and will die.
    It sad that many have passed away from this virus. Between 7500 and 8000 Americans die on average everyday in our country. Advance age and bad health catch up to us all.
    Iím sure many people think the flu is no big deal, but the families who lose loved ones to it every year probably donít feel any better than the families who have lost loved ones to Covid, Cancer, or heart disease.
    I lost my father when he was 48 to a heart attack and my grandfather died from cancer a couple years ago. Losing loved ones in death is horrible no matter the cause.
    The worst part about Covid is that many who have held off other conditions are not able to beat this virus because their immune systems are too weak.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-20-2020 at 05:49 PM.

It sad that many have passed away from this virus. Between 7500 and 8000 Americans die on average everyday in our country. Advance age and bad health catch up to us all.
    Iím sure many people think the flu is no big deal, but the families who lose loved ones to it every year probably donít feel any better than the families who have lost loved ones to Covid, Cancer, or heart disease.
    I lost my father when he was 48 to a heart attack and my grandfather died from cancer a couple years ago. Losing loved ones in death is horrible no matter the cause.
    The worst part about Covid is that many who have held off other conditions are not able to beat this virus because their immune systems are too weak.
    Maybe, but friends and family may feel that the worst part of Covid is not being able to gather around the death bed to say goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Maybe, but friends and family may feel that the worst part of Covid is not being able to gather around the death bed to say goodbye.
    Your absolutely right about that, dying alone without your love ones being there for you and at the least getting to say goodbye. So many of our countryís elderly, grandmas, grandpaís, heroís who fought in many of our countryís wars died the worst deaths imaginable. Breaks my heart. Iím sure they would want us to fight this disease and not allow it to change life as we know it, the freedom they bravely fought for.

Your absolutely right about that, dying alone without your love ones being there for you and at the least getting to say goodbye. So many of our countryís elderly, grandmas, grandpaís, heroís who fought in many of our countryís wars died the worst deaths imaginable. Breaks my heart. Iím sure they would want us to fight this disease and not allow it to change life as we know it, the freedom they bravely fought for.
    Other age groups are among the dead as well.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post

Other than the elderly and people with weak immune systems, impossible to know who will get the virus, who will not have symptoms, who will be overwhelmed and who will die.

To me it's like standing on the side of a street in the middle of the day with ear plugs and a blindfold and then quickly dart into unknown traffic attempting to reach the other side without getting hit. If you make it across, then do it again and again. What's the odds of getting safely across the street over and over? Eventually the law of average will get you. Is it worth the gamble?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Who believes itís too dangerous to have the season?
    Right now a lot of people who do non-essential stuff have been told they are essential and have been working since March.

I think the NFL should go forward just like how many other sports leagues have gone forward. NFL employees should not be punished if they do not want to get involved...they should not be paid either. Just like everyone else who has been told they need to work.

Preseason officially canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Preseason officially canceled.
    This is going to be a wild fantasy draft. You got two strategies, the way I see it. Ultra conservative, and Babe Ruth. I like it. My sleepers are going to remain sleepers, unless some buffoon on television spills the beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    This is going to be a wild fantasy draft. You got two strategies, the way I see it. Ultra conservative, and Babe Ruth. I like it. My sleepers are going to remain sleepers, unless some buffoon on television spills the beans.
    I think it will lead to more homerism with the rookies. Like I hit big with Lindsay two years ago.

I think a lot of people will do thinks like sleeper picks on Hamler.

Obviously the Juedys and Burrows of the world will get drafted.

Who believes it’s too dangerous to have the season?
    Depends on what you mean by dangerous.

If you mean actual danger, then it’s not too dangerous.

If you mean perception over reality, then all sports should be canceled as well as everything else.

Reasonable precautions should be taken, but let the games begin.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!