Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I assume people have seen by now that the preseason was cut to two games and delayed to the end of August. Not sure how many saw but McManus was on Twitter responding to this news saying people are in denial if they think any preseason games will be played at all.

Even if the league tries to move on I’m not so sure the players are willing to. The other leagues have already seen a ton of players opt out of these resumed seasons.
    Also saw the NFL sent out the Covid-19 Protocols on Friday.

I understand with all the fear reactions from the type of information that is being released but it looks to me the NFL is planning on doing the 2020 season.

As an "essential worker" I been having to decide between earning an income or not getting paid since March. NFL employees and draft picks will soon need to be making the same decision as "essential workers".

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Also saw the NFL sent out the Covid-19 Protocols on Friday.

I understand with all the fear reactions from the type of information that is being released but it looks to me the NFL is planning on doing the 2020 season.

As an "essential worker" I been having to decide between earning an income or not getting paid since March. NFL employees and draft picks will soon need to be making the same decision as "essential workers".
    I think I mentioned that at some point yesterday that those involved will want to get paid.

Those desperately needing a check will need to outweigh the millionaires like JJ Watts or Aaron Rodgers that donít need pay this year. I think the majority does though.

The NFL and the players need to get on with it just like regular people who have to work. In Europe and Australia sport started months ago, how ridiculous would the states look if they couldn't get a league going in September.

Unless you are a vulnerable person the chances of catching it and going to hospital are so remote that your just as likely to have a car accident.

Its crazy how their is never any sense or willingness to move life forward. Put testing in place, have your facility protocols if you must, but just get on with it.

I think I mentioned that at some point yesterday that those involved will want to get paid.

Those desperately needing a check will need to outweigh the millionaires like JJ Watts or Aaron Rodgers that don’t need pay this year. I think the majority does though.
    Both of those players are made of glass anymore, player safety is important but so are the fans. I don't know how soon I want to go stand around XXX,000 people screaming (projecting airborne particles) and yelling all around me.

Strange days indeed...
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Both of those players are made of glass anymore, player safety is important but so are the fans. I don't know how soon I want to go stand around XXX,000 people screaming (projecting airborne particles) and yelling all around me.

Strange days indeed...
    Tickets will always sell because the majority of people hardly give this virus a second thought.

I watch the Australian Rugby league, and some NZ rugby union, and as soon as those tickets are put on sell they get snapped up. Over here with the soccer we cannot have fans but large groups of people still meet up around the ground.

Unless its different in the states they will have no problem selling tickets. The people who are ultra cautious are massively in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    The NFL and the players need to get on with it just like regular people who have to work. In Europe and Australia sport started months ago, how ridiculous would the states look if they couldn't get a league going in September.

Unless you are a vulnerable person the chances of catching it and going to hospital are so remote that your just as likely to have a car accident.

Its crazy how their is never any sense or willingness to move life forward. Put testing in place, have your facility protocols if you must, but just get on with it.
    Well to be fair (I say this as someone who has pointed to Aussie Rules Football as a beacon of hope) Australia just quarantined the entire state of Victoria, which includes the city of Melbourne. No one allowed in or out. AFL teams based in Melbourne (there are several) had to scramble to get out in time to keep the season going.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Well to be fair (I say this as someone who has pointed to Aussie Rules Football as a beacon of hope) Australia just quarantined the entire state of Victoria, which includes the city of Melbourne. No one allowed in or out. AFL teams based in Melbourne (there are several) had to scramble to get out in time to keep the season going.
    This is why I think they need to do the NBA bubble for it to work this year. As of right now the Arizona Cardinals will not be able to get started back as soon as everyone else due to state laws around COVID.

Thereís plenty of reason to believe other states like California, New York or Texas could be in the same boat next month. At that stage itís not even really up to the NFl if they begin on time. They would have several teams unable to participate due to state laws. And I donít see them proceeding on with a partial league.

Maybe theyíve been holding out for decreasing numbers to carry on as usual. But that doesnít seem to be happening. I really donít see why they arenít looking into a bubble somewhere like Florida where the state likely wonít ever shut down at any point.

This is why I think they need to do the NBA bubble for it to work this year. As of right now the Arizona Cardinals will not be able to get started back as soon as everyone else due to state laws around COVID.

Thereís plenty of reason to believe other states like California, New York or Texas could be in the same boat next month. At that stage itís not even really up to the NFl if they begin on time. They would have several teams unable to participate due to state laws. And I donít see them proceeding on with a partial league.

Maybe theyíve been holding out for decreasing numbers to carry on as usual. But that doesnít seem to be happening. I really donít see why they arenít looking into a bubble somewhere like Florida where the state likely wonít ever shut down at any point.
    Because where in Florida are you going to play 13-16 games? Three stadiums can't support the entire league. NBA can set up multiple basketball courts in several buildings, you can't just make shift football fields

The only way a bubble in the NFL would work is if you put one conference in one state and the other in another state and they only played conference games, no divisions.

You can have make shift football fields as long as you eliminate fan attendance. It would require some wide open spaces.

There are certainly other factors to consider, but it does seem doable, just very unlikely.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Because where in Florida are you going to play 13-16 games? Three stadiums can't support the entire league. NBA can set up multiple basketball courts in several buildings, you can't just make shift football fields
    I mean, if there's no fans, sure you can. Or better still, find a city with multiple schools and use their high school fields. As long as fans aren't allowed you don't need some huge 70,000 seat mega stadium. you need a field and two goalposts.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    The only way a bubble in the NFL would work is if you put one conference in one state and the other in another state and they only played conference games, no divisions.

You can have make shift football fields as long as you eliminate fan attendance. It would require some wide open spaces.

There are certainly other factors to consider, but it does seem doable, just very unlikely.
    I would imagine there are way more than 3 football fields in the entire state of Florida. There’s at least 4 major universities.

And if you eliminate fans which is the whole point of a bubble then why does it matter if they play in an NFL stadium versus a local high school football field? This can be easily done in a single state.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    This is what I mean about moving forward though, and I watch the Australian Rubgy League and the Melbourne Storm have relocated for around a month. If a city has a slight spike and you want to take extremely cautious measure then just move some games to a different stadium. I think the Victoria teams plan to move back in around 3-4 weeks if they get the green light.

Its a slight disruption but they have easily made it work. I don't think it is particulary difficult to get the NFL season going, espeically considering it is in September, they just need to have measures in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean, if there's no fans, sure you can. Or better still, find a city with multiple schools and use their high school fields. As long as fans aren't allowed you don't need some huge 70,000 seat mega stadium. you need a field and two goalposts.
    I still think itíd be difficult to pull off. The field conditions could potentially become a big problem especially if players start getting hurt.

I think the NFL will have to create a mobile bubble around each team. Everyone involved with the team (not just players) would have to essentially sacrifice their freedom for potentially the duration of the season. But it appears to be heading the opposite direction with players commuting to training camp this year.

I fully expect the season to start and on time, but I think theyíre setting themselves up for a disaster.

The bubble talk is interesting but unrealistic to the NFL. It probably could have been done. Since the games will not have fans they could have played them anywhere really.

Almost every regular season game is scheduled to be played at the home team stadium. There NFL has already decided to go in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    The bubble talk is interesting but unrealistic to the NFL. It probably could have been done. Since the games will not have fans they could have played them anywhere really.

Almost every regular season game is scheduled to be played at the home team stadium. There NFL has already decided to go in that direction.
    Itís really not that hard to change that at this stage. Those games were defined back in May when we were still in the early stages of the COVID impacts.

And good luck with that decision if Arizona extends how long their current lockdown goes until.

Refusing to acknowledge a need for a bubble is basically saying if a states stays in or goes into a complete lockdown that shuts down facilities like their use of their stadium then what? That teams forfeits their season only?