Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Do you fly to another city for a couple of days about twice a month and return to family, friends and co-workers after having been in direct, repeated physical contact with residents of that city?

Do you host a group from another city about a couple of times a month and engage in close physical contact with them before they return to their families, friends and co-workers?

How does that not contribute to the spread? NFL personnel are not hermetically sealed from other citizens in the communities where they live.
    I donít fly.
    I do drive and stay for 3 to 4 days in different cities every week, and I stay in hotels and pick up food at different restaurants.

Sounds like the NFL should be canceled according to your logic. I think it should be up to the players and coaches because they are the ones taking the risk. We can agree to disagree, saying that anyone who wants the NFL to happen this season doesnít care about the players lives is a cheap shot and virtue signaling. Millions of people across this country are choosing to work everyday and despite the cases going up ( testing is also gone way up) the death toll and hospitalizations are going down.
    The people who have been hardest hit by Covid have been the elderly, especially those in nursing homes and people with underlying conditions. We need to seal those groups from the virus. Everyone else should be able to choose how they want to love with the virus.

My kids school district has given three choices for parents.
    1. Full time back at school
    2. 3 days a week at school
    3. Home schooling

These kind of options should be given to people at work as well. Everyoneís situations are different.

The people taking the risk need to make the decision on what they do period! If you donít feel safe Sicily distance until you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    No deaths yet, but plenty of players have contracted the disease.

One preventable death is too many, they are working for entertainment, not stocking shelves, not doing something that is actually important to anyone other than fans who think they are entitled to have something to watch on tv.
    The players and coaches should get to make the decision on what they do, not fans who want to virtue signal and tell players whatís best for them.

If players donít feel safe then they can do something they feel safe doing, parents have stopped allowing kids to play football due to concussion concerns nothing wrong with that. I would love to see the players that still want to play to get to play a sport they love instead of being told itís unsafe by those who it doesnít affect.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    The players and coaches should get to make the decision on what they do, not fans who want to virtue signal and tell players what’s best for them.

If players don’t feel safe then they can do something they feel safe doing, parents have stopped allowing kids to play football due to concussion concerns nothing wrong with that. I would love to see the players that still want to play to get to play a sport they love instead of being told it’s unsafe by those who it doesn’t affect.
    Where did I say we should make the decision.

I said if the NFL made the decision I'd support it, you above said it would be the death of the NFL and insinuated you wouldn't support it.

I'm simply saying IF they decide they cannot make the season work, they have my wholehearted support because if they don't feel safe doing it, there's no reason they should just because fans think they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Do you fly to another city for a couple of days about twice a month and return to family, friends and co-workers after having been in direct, repeated physical contact with residents of that city?

Do you host a group from another city about a couple of times a month and engage in close physical contact with them before they return to their families, friends and co-workers?

How does that not contribute to the spread? NFL personnel are not hermetically sealed from other citizens in the communities where they live.
    But they could be. Iím kind of surprised the NFL hasnít spent much time looking into a bubble league like the NBA.

Choose one or two sites and have them stay there. The players would probably not be happy about not seeing family for a few months and some nba players are opting out of the restart for those reasons. But it would be a paycheck earned.

Risks in everything we do in life. If we knew how many have had it Covid recovery rate would be even better. 97 to 99.75% recovery rate isnít bad when you look at other areas of life.

Cause of Death Odds of Dying
    Heart disease 1 in 6
    Cancer 1 in 7
    All preventable causes of death 1 in 25
    Chronic lower respiratory disease 1 in 26
    Suicide 1 in 86
    Opioid overdose 1 in 98
    Motor-vehicle crash 1 in 106
    Fall 1 in 111
    Gun assault 1 in 298
    Pedestrian incident 1 in 541
    Motorcyclist 1 in 890
    Drowning 1 in 1,121
    Fire or smoke 1 in 1,399
    Choking on food 1 in 2,618
    Bicyclist 1 in 4,060
    Sunstroke 1 in 7,770
    Accidental gun discharge 1 in 9,077
    Electrocution, radiation, extreme temperatures, and pressure 1 in 12,484
    Sharp objects 1 in 29,483
    Hot surfaces and substances 1 in 45,186
    Hornet, wasp, and bee stings 1 in 53,989
    Cataclysmic storm 1 in 54,699
    Dog attack 1 in 118,776
    Lightning 1 in 180,746

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    But they could be. I’m kind of surprised the NFL hasn’t spent much time looking into a bubble league like the NBA.

Choose one or two sites and have them stay there. The players would probably not be happy about not seeing family for a few months and some nba players are opting out of the restart for those reasons. But it would be a paycheck earned.
    It's for sure an option, but I just don't see it happening.

I said if the NFL made the decision I'd support it, you above said it would be the death of the NFL and insinuated you wouldn't support it.

I'm simply saying IF they decide they cannot make the season work, they have my wholehearted support because if they don't feel safe doing it, there's no reason they should just because fans think they deserve it.
    I agree with this. Iím hoping they do play but have been expecting this whole time that they wonít. And still think by late August theyíll end up canceling. But theyíll still have my respect and fandom if they do. Itíll suck but I completely get it if they do.

Thereís also not a chance my fandom for the Broncos is so weak that I would ever remotely consider bailing on them because 2020 was canceled over safety precautions. That just doesnít make much sense.

I hope Iím wrong and we get a season even without fans but I just donít see it happening.

Risks in everything we do in life. If we knew how many have had it Covid recovery rate would be even better. 97 to 99.75% recovery rate isn’t bad when you look at other areas of life.

Cause of Death Odds of Dying
    Heart disease 1 in 6
    Cancer 1 in 7
    All preventable causes of death 1 in 25
    Chronic lower respiratory disease 1 in 26
    Suicide 1 in 86
    Opioid overdose 1 in 98
    Motor-vehicle crash 1 in 106
    Fall 1 in 111
    Gun assault 1 in 298
    Pedestrian incident 1 in 541
    Motorcyclist 1 in 890
    Drowning 1 in 1,121
    Fire or smoke 1 in 1,399
    Choking on food 1 in 2,618
    Bicyclist 1 in 4,060
    Sunstroke 1 in 7,770
    Accidental gun discharge 1 in 9,077
    Electrocution, radiation, extreme temperatures, and pressure 1 in 12,484
    Sharp objects 1 in 29,483
    Hot surfaces and substances 1 in 45,186
    Hornet, wasp, and bee stings 1 in 53,989
    Cataclysmic storm 1 in 54,699
    Dog attack 1 in 118,776
    Lightning 1 in 180,746
    none of those things are contagious.

It will be the death of the NFL if they cancel the season because of a virus that 99% of people recover from. A large portion of NFL fans are from the working class like me, pretty hard to root for players who arenít willing to take the same chances the fans take everyday.

If players donít feel safe they should retire and find something more safe to do.

Iím sure you support the grocery store workers, police and fire department. Seems like essential workers are learning to live with the virus, the NFL can do the same.

none of those things are contagious.
    They all involve risks.

It will be the death of the NFL if they cancel the season because of a virus that 99% of people recover from. A large portion of NFL fans are from the working class like me, pretty hard to root for players who aren’t willing to take the same chances the fans take everyday.

If players don’t feel safe they should retire and find something more safe to do.

I’m sure you support the grocery store workers, police and fire department. Seems like essential workers are learning to live with the virus, the NFL can do the same.
    Hyperbole at its finest.

It will be the death of the NFL if they cancel the season because of a virus that 99% of people recover from. A large portion of NFL fans are from the working class like me, pretty hard to root for players who aren’t willing to take the same chances the fans take everyday.

If players don’t feel safe they should retire and find something more safe to do.

I’m sure you support the grocery store workers, police and fire department. Seems like essential workers are learning to live with the virus, the NFL can do the same.
    That's a very entitled and selfish take. Again, it's their lives not yours and If they don't feel safe, that's their choice. A lot of people will support them.

Grocery store workers are needed, our country can't function without them. Fire fighters and police? They are needed too to keep order and safety.

Why is NFL needed, for your own personal gratification? That's so stupid to think you are so entitled to them playing. They don't owe you ANYTHING.

There's a reason people like me are working from home. I'm not important enough that I'm needed on site, I don't have to risk myself. There are people who cannot provide their services from home and are more essential cogs of the machine known as society, the NFL isn't part of that. Just because you have to go to work, doesn't mean those who aren't necessary have to.

You want to work, go work, go put yourself at risk, that's your choice and I support it, but I support their choices too.

That's a very entitled and selfish take. Again, it's their lives not yours and If they don't feel safe, that's their choice. A lot of people will support them.

Grocery store workers are needed, our country can't function without them. Fire fighters and police? They are needed too to keep order and safety.

Why is NFL needed, for your own personal gratification? That's so stupid to think you are so entitled to them playing. They don't owe you ANYTHING.

There's a reason people like me are working from home. I'm not important enough that I'm needed on site, I don't have to risk myself. There are people who cannot provide their services from home and are more essential cogs of the machine known as society, the NFL isn't part of that. Just because you have to go to work, doesn't mean those who aren't necessary have to.

You want to work, go work, go put yourself at risk, that's your choice and I support it, but I support their choices too.
    Iím glad your able to work from home so you feel safe.

I have worked during the pandemic and I fear driving more than getting a virus I have a 99.75 % chance of recovering from.

First of all NFL players, and team employees need jobs. You may not think football or entertainment is essential but I believe it would give our country a huge lift. Millions of people have been affected by the Pandemic. Suicide rates and depression have sky rocketed. People need hope and an escape from the stresses many are going through losing jobs, loved ones, etc.
    You may not see Football as something that can help bring people joy, bring people together, and give people a sense of normalcy in a word that has change so much in the last 4 months but I do.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-05-2020 at 10:23 AM.

They all involve risks.
    That's deflection, it's not the point. The reason those aren't the same is risks or no risks, you cann't spread getting struck by lightning to someone by being around then. Additionally, you can't spread getting struck to lightning to someone before you show symptoms of getting struck by lightning.

Bringing up these as if they relate to a highly contagious virus that 531,659 have died from so far is an ignorant argument. (note, not calling you ignorant, just your silly argument)
    Last edited by Freyaka; 07-05-2020 at 10:24 AM.

That's deflection, it's not the point. The reason those aren't the same is risks or no risks, you cann't spread getting struck by lightning to someone by being around then. Additionally, you can't spread getting struck to lightning to someone before you show symptoms of getting struck by lightning.

Bringing up these as if they relate to a highly contagious virus that 531,659 have died from so far is an ignorant argument. (note, not calling you ignorant, just your silly argument)
    Your logic is if you stay home and donít go outside you wonít get the virus.
    If you donít get in a car you canít get in a car accident.

Itís all about risk.