Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    But how does that guarantee it wonít happen again later on some other team? That was my point.

Itís Bills rookies this week. What happens when itís the Buccaneers or Raiders vets in two weeks? You just shut the whole thing down for that team?
    oh you're going that direction. I hate the approach of "it doesnt fix it all so abandon it" mentality. Those short answer is it wont fix it. The only thing that will is players taking this seriously as well as communities doing the same.

In time though we hope to see covid getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    oh you're going that direction. I hate the approach of "it doesnt fix it all so abandon it" mentality. Those short answer is it wont fix it. The only thing that will is players taking this seriously as well as communities doing the same.

In time though we hope to see covid getting better.
    Who said I think the season should be abandoned? I never once have said that. I want it to happen. I just have serious doubts that it will successfully.

And all the ones defending it starting have yet to once answer anyone when asked what does the NFL do when an entire team or multiple teams have to start canceling or forfeiting games for positive tests?

MLB is going to attempt double headers to make up games. Is the NFL going to significantly extend the season or even ask teams to play twice in a week to make up games? I severely doubt the latter. All I’m asking for is what’s the plan when a team inevitably has to shut it down for two weeks? It’s going to happen without a bubble. We’ve already seen one team send all of their rookies home and we haven’t even gotten full throttle for all 32 teams yet.

And now the MLB commish, the other league not doing a bubble, has warned the players union that they could be shutting it down again very soon.

What happens when 2021 looks the same ? Will players sit out again? Most people get over this without having to be admitted in the hospital. You get it , you stay home and quarantine until your over it. From the time you have symptoms your contagious for 10 days .

Theres no guarantee that a working vaccine will ever be made , especiallysince antibodiesonly stay in your system for 3 months. There will also be people who refuse to get it . Players are gonna get it just like everyone else in the world .
    I think we should look at the possibility this virus will be around .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    What happens when 2021 looks the same ? Will players sit out again? Most people get over this without having to be admitted in the hospital. You get it , you stay home and quarantine until your over it. From the time you have symptoms your contagious for 10 days .

Theres no guarantee that a working vaccine will ever be made , especiallysince antibodiesonly stay in your system for 3 months. There will also be people who refuse to get it . Players are gonna get it just like everyone else in the world .
    I think we should look at the possibility this virus will be around .
    What about those who have the virus but don't know it because they are asymptomatic, no symptoms. They could be spreading the virus but don't know it because they don't have any symptoms. Yes, no, maybe?

And you said "Most people get over this without having to be admitted in the hospital". What about the ones who are not in the "most" category?
    Too bad too sad! Live goes on meaning the games need to be played because "who knows if a vaccine will ever be made."
    Utah Bronco Freak

Gloom and Doom!!!!
    So glad this isnít the group who was around during WW 2 woulda surrendered day 1

Life is about living not hiding!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    What about those who have the virus but don't know it because they are asymptomatic, no symptoms. They could be spreading the virus but don't know it because they don't have any symptoms. Yes, no, maybe?

And you said "Most people get over this without having to be admitted in the hospital". What about the ones who are not in the "most" category?
    Too bad too sad! Live goes on meaning the games need to be played because "who knows if a vaccine will ever be made."
    Number one, ...players have an opt out option. If they feel playing is a "risk" to their lives they don't have to play.

And two,... I am so sick and tired of the asymptomatic argument. I keep getting told "I could be spreading it without knowing it"...yeah? Then how come NOBODY around me is getting sick?? Maybe everyone around me are asymptomatic too?? Maybe everyone around them are asymptomatic??

Look, I know there is a virus attacking us but it is NOT a death sentence!! If you are obese, a smoker, born without immunities.. whatever it may be, there are dangers around every corner for you. Over 90% of hospitalized covid patients are people who had/have pre existing conditions.https://people-com.cdn.ampproject.or...-conditions%2F ...

Life can go on with this fight (with or without a vaccine) and MOST people will be just fine. There are unknowns as far as long term affects but the fact is this isn't going away. It is widely speculated this is going to be an annual event like the flu so just move along and deal with it. Quit acting like it's the plague because it's not

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Number one, ...players have an opt out option. If they feel playing is a "risk" to their lives they don't have to play.

And two,... I am so sick and tired of the asymptomatic argument. I keep getting told "I could be spreading it without knowing it"...yeah? Then how come NOBODY around me is getting sick?? Maybe everyone around me are asymptomatic too?? Maybe everyone around them are asymptomatic??

Look, I know there is a virus attacking us but it is NOT a death sentence!! If you are obese, a smoker, born without immunities.. whatever it may be, there are dangers around every corner for you. Over 90% of hospitalized covid patients are people who had/have pre existing conditions.https://people-com.cdn.ampproject.or...-conditions%2F ...

Life can go on with this fight (with or without a vaccine) and MOST people will be just fine. There are unknowns as far as long term affects but the fact is this isn't going away. It is widely speculated this is going to be an annual event like the flu so just move along and deal with it. Quit acting like it's the plague because it's not
    I mean, 1/3rd of america is obese...We are not a healthy nation. You may not see a lot of people around you sick, but you aren't in a densely populated area there in iowa... Most football cities ARE densely populated and as such are going to have a much higher spread due to proximity. I've got several friends here who are dealing with it. Most are healthy and say it is nothing to mess around with even if they are going to make it out alive...

It's all well and good, but if you do get it, you can be dead in a week or so!
    Some people die so quick they don't have time to plan, no time to take care of anything.
    ( here today gone tomorrow)
    And then a lot of people get it and they're fine?They don't know anything about it that's why it's so dangerous. There may be 250,000 dead Americans by November.
    (That's kinda messed up)
    That's not business as usual in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean, 1/3rd of america is obese...We are not a healthy nation. You may not see a lot of people around you sick, but you aren't in a densely populated area there in iowa... Most football cities ARE densely populated and as such are going to have a much higher spread due to proximity. I've got several friends here who are dealing with it. Most are healthy and say it is nothing to mess around with even if they are going to make it out alive...
    I agree I have to remind myself of where I am compared to metropolitan area but these athletes are not obese. They may get it if played but they are not going to die from it. Like I said, it's not going away. At some point we are going to have to come out of our turtle shell and move along with life. Is that going to be after the vaccine? 30-40% of Americans aren't even going to take it so the threat will always be there

I agree I have to remind myself of where I am compared to metropolitan area but these athletes are not obese. They may get it if played but they are not going to die from it. Like I said, it's not going away. At some point we are going to have to come out of our turtle shell and move along with life. Is that going to be after the vaccine? 30-40% of Americans aren't even going to take it so the threat will always be there
    No but their family and friends might be...

The amount of people I'm around that have had it and do have it will boggle your mind guys. I get tested every 2 weeks where I work . I've seen multiple officers , nurses , staff members get it as well as inmates . None of them has been serious.

I've had 2 partners come down with it and been up close and personal with others I listed . I'm not saying that this is a hoax and a lie but I will say I wonder how much truth we do get told. Every single co worker that's had it has came back to work . People have lost their lives to this but I'm not sure if the total numbers are correct . This is just my opinion , I'm not saying this is gospel so dont ask me for a link to back it up. I'm just going off my personal dealings with this .

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    And now the MLB commish, the other league not doing a bubble, has warned the players union that they could be shutting it down again very soon.
    And more Cardinals players tested positive today. So, their season is on hold for longer.

I think this very well may be the biggest obstacle. People who are afraid to take a vaccine. I read an interview with the head virologist, or whatever, of one of the most promising vaccines entering 3rd phase trials. He said that the way the vaccine works, is they are not actually giving you the virus. There's no way you can contract the virus from the vaccine, because, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this, but it's basically using the protein that the virus uses to change shape when it attaches to healthy cells. Your body reacts to that protein. The side effects have so far been mostly mild to moderate: fever, muscle aches, etc. What he's worried about most, is that if only 1 in 3 people refuse to take the vaccine, it will make herd immunity problematic. Anyways, I can't find the article, so if there's any misinformation in there, set me straight on that.

About NFL players, I agree that they're not necessarily "obese" per se, but they do have a higher body mass index. The other thing is that there's a study that shows NFL Players on average are more likely to have hypertension, which is an underlying condition where Covid 19 is concerned. I'm not saying anything one way or the other where safety is concerned. Just throwing it out there. I'm sure the NFLPA has discussed this with the players and the league. For example, if I was a big lineman, who already had apnea, and I had high blood pressure, I would at least consider the possibility of opting out. Doesn't make me a punk, it's just an evaluation of risk vs reward on my part. Financially, if I've been responsible, I should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    You posted that we are not giving enough credit to those who want to move forward, and I am not sure if that means they are doing it wisely, or they just never bought in to the pandemic. I don't blame anyone for wanting to move forward.

But yeah, sound judgement and wise behaviour resonate with me. I said it again.

Unlike what apparently happened with The Marlins (per a good source) in which it appears that one or more of them went out for some fun instead of staying in their hotel, which has led to significant concerns within MLB. That may be an extreme example for some, but it's still the same thing....taking unnnecessary risks.
    how does sound judgement and wise behavior in your opinion factor in to all the people who have been working through all this. These workers range from getting exposed to less than 10 people every work shift to getting exposed to 2,000 people on an average 8 hour shift...sometimes less and sometimes more. I personally get exposed to hundreds of people each shift (fortunately the same people every shift) to provide entertainment solutions to an industry that is almost dead at this point in the pandemic. Not just me I have a lot of close friends in construction, nursing, retail, grocery, engineering, automotive and warehousing.

My take is we have learned something through all this. Some people did not have a choice. They either went to work or their family struggled to eat. Some people had a choice and went to work. Either way we grew and evolved from the knowledge we gained of the people who lived and found out how to not get infected. We also learn from the people who do get infected. Everything is a learning opportunity. For the people who get exposed to other people at work and than go home to their wife and kids they are very motivated in learning how to do this as safe as possible. While everyone I know wears a mask no one I know is willing to think that is the only thing they can do to protect their family while they put food on the table.

Those of us going to work looked into things we did not have much knowledge on like established science on the immune system. Established science on how nutrition boosts the immune system and how bad nutrition can negatively effect the immune system. This is knowledge a lot of people do not follow in my opinion. In my opinion this lack of knowledge is a MAJOR flaw in the culture in the USA and why we are struggling as a country right now in this pandemic. We grew and now our bodies are better prepared to fight off not just covid19 but other infections....in large part because we kept living life and going to work.

They say Covid-19 is a test of health and pre-existing conditions but it has grown more than that. It has exposed businesses that had pre-existing economic conditions. It is also going to expose the people who refuse to evolve and learn from all this.
    Last edited by Hadez; 08-01-2020 at 08:40 AM.
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.