Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    NHL is starting up August 1st too, I feel real confident we'll have a season. Imo, it will be limited fan capacity at 1st then gradually grow
    Nah I think we are going to have limited capacity all season including playoffs. The limited capacity allows them to only have seating every 6-10 feet apart. Unless a vaccine happens I donít see them changing that in 2020. I saw where Baltimore at 25% capacity can still hold 14k people. It wonít be as loud as we are used to but it will still give a better feel for the crowd environment. We will be able to hear them on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I'm hoping and praying this corona crap ends soon. I think that CDC or WHO should call on Von Miller to be on their team . He ate his virus for breakfast . He destroyed it almost as fast as he destroyed Cam Newton lol !!

On a serious note if these other sports go ahead and play without having to stop it be a great sign . I'm just wondering if there will be players opting out of playing like we've seen in NHL & MLB
    Thereís already been several saying they probably wonít play. Mainly the ones who have a young kid at home or a family member with a Pre existing condition. Itís not worth the risk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Nah I think we are going to have limited capacity all season including playoffs. The limited capacity allows them to only have seating every 6-10 feet apart. Unless a vaccine happens I don’t see them changing that in 2020. I saw where Baltimore at 25% capacity can still hold 14k people. It won’t be as loud as we are used to but it will still give a better feel for the crowd environment. We will be able to hear them on tv.

There’s already been several saying they probably won’t play. Mainly the ones who have a young kid at home or a family member with a Pre existing condition. It’s not worth the risk to them.
    I bet most people who have had to work this whole time wish they could tell their company that they don't want to work and would love to take the year off.

I imagine these players who can't be bothered to work won't be going outside for the next 12 months then, no restaurants, bars, beaches, parks, gyms, etc........ or interacting with anyone.

They can hide behind that pathetic excuse as much as they want. Anyone with half a brain can see it for what it is, laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I bet most people who have had to work this whole time wish they could tell their company that they don't want to work and would love to take the year off.

I imagine these players who can't be bothered to work won't be going outside for the next 12 months then, no restaurants, bars, beaches, parks, gyms, etc........ or interacting with anyone.

They can hide behind that pathetic excuse as much as they want. Anyone with half a brain can see it for what it is, laziness.
    This is just an extremely naive ignorant response. If they can afford to skip the season why risk their family members health? I’m not talking about players worried about their own health. I’m talking about players with kids who have health conditions and could die from it. How on earth you consider that lazy is beyond me.

Haven’t the nay sayers been saying “I shouldn’t have to stay home just make the people who are extremely susceptible stay at home and use common sense”?

Now some players are wanting to use some common sense and not bring it home to a family member they know would be at major risk of not recovering and you call that lazy???

There’s a big difference between getting on with life and this cold hearted message.

The NFL is fortunate in some ways. Having a season end just before the virus took hold, being able to conduct FA and The Draft with challenges, but with relative ease compared to what is going on with other leagues, AND watching as the other leagues start before them. Not saying they have it easy though.

They will have had ample luck, and opportunity to learn, even though it is a more contact oriented sport than most. Having said that, hockey, basketball and others are pretty close contact as well.

If the other leagues succeed, I expect them to as well. Then again, I am not even worrying about fans in the stands just yet.

This is just an extremely naive ignorant response. If they can afford to skip the season why risk their family members health? I’m not talking about players worried about their own health. I’m talking about players with kids who have health conditions and could die from it. How on earth you consider that lazy is beyond me.

Haven’t the nay sayers been saying “I shouldn’t have to stay home just make the people who are extremely susceptible stay at home and use common sense”?

Now some players are wanting to use some common sense and not bring it home to a family member they know would be at major risk of not recovering and you call that lazy???

There’s a big difference between getting on with life and this cold hearted message.
    yea yea yea, very insightful. So basically superstars can do what they like. Its ridiculous to pander to these people, who will still insist on getting paid because they are under contract, when the vast majority of the public have to work whatever their family situation. Plus we all know these people won't be avoiding going to the shops or outside for 12 months.

We had this chat in England before the premier league started 6 weeks ago, but every single player reported and are playing, and the test results are something like 1 or 2 positive out of almost 2000 tests, and the player just sits at home for 2 weeks then comes straight back to action.

This has happened all over europe and in Australia where I watch the Rugby League.

With all due respect it is very American to make a big drama. It is no surprise that around the world the big problems in sport in terms of leagues starting, and players reporting for covid and blm, are just coming from the states.

People will pander and let these players who don't bother playing have excuses. I think its absolutely ridiculous and if teams have any backbone they will put these players in breach of contract.

Most NFL players haven't stepped on the field since christmas, if they don't play until NEXT september and still get paid it will be a massive slap in the face to everyone who has continued to work.

Covid-19 could mean life or death to some folks, thats real life. The NFL is still just a game. (In the North east of the U.S. 73,800 People died from Covid-19 in 4 months.)
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 07-11-2020 at 12:10 PM.

I agree to a point with bronx's post. If playing in a bubble with limited and restricted interaction is too risky then do should going to restaurants, bars, friends houses, etc. Etc. I am not even saying I disagree with that overly cautious approach. What I am saying is that not returning to work in a highly vigilant workplace should then not equate to that same athlete taking greater risks while "staying at home". Now if they do keep contact limited etc. Then great. I respect that decision.

yea yea yea, very insightful. So basically superstars can do what they like. Its ridiculous to pander to these people, who will still insist on getting paid because they are under contract, when the vast majority of the public have to work whatever their family situation. Plus we all know these people won't be avoiding going to the shops or outside for 12 months.

We had this chat in England before the premier league started 6 weeks ago, but every single player reported and are playing, and the test results are something like 1 or 2 positive out of almost 2000 tests, and the player just sits at home for 2 weeks then comes straight back to action.

This has happened all over europe and in Australia where I watch the Rugby League.

With all due respect it is very American to make a big drama. It is no surprise that around the world the big problems in sport in terms of leagues starting, and players reporting for covid and blm, are just coming from the states.

People will pander and let these players who don't bother playing have excuses. I think its absolutely ridiculous and if teams have any backbone they will put these players in breach of contract.

Most NFL players haven't stepped on the field since christmas, if they don't play until NEXT september and still get paid it will be a massive slap in the face to everyone who has continued to work.
    "Due respect"? Odd beginning for the statement that follows. According to you (and, yes, the rest of the world apparently), and you've mentioned it a few times, drama is what we do best.

I don't blame players opting out for the reasons they've stated. Protecting family is a good thing, IMO.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    "Due respect"? Odd beginning for the statement that follows. According to you (and, yes, the rest of the world apparently), and you've mentioned it a few times, drama is what we do best.

I don't blame players opting out for the reasons they've stated. Protecting family is a good thing, IMO.
    Agreed. Our soccer league (MLS) had 2 teams withdraw from the tournament right before it began, not because they didn't want to play, but because the majority of their team contracted Covid. Players may want to play, but it gets difficult when you might lose players throughout the season. And again, just saying replace them is only a half measure. When you start to water down the product, it gets less entertaining. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I agree to a point with bronx's post. If playing in a bubble with limited and restricted interaction is too risky then do should going to restaurants, bars, friends houses, etc. Etc. I am not even saying I disagree with that overly cautious approach. What I am saying is that not returning to work in a highly vigilant workplace should then not equate to that same athlete taking greater risks while "staying at home". Now if they do keep contact limited etc. Then great. I respect that decision.
    No one is talking about playing in a bubble though. Right now the NFl is considering games at teams normal home sites and traveling on the road while also allowing 14k-20k fans. Thatís not a bubble.

The arguments become different with an actual bubble league at one site versus what the plans are right now.

No one is talking about playing in a bubble though. Right now the NFl is considering games at teams normal home sites and traveling on the road while also allowing 14k-20k fans. That’s not a bubble.

The arguments become different with an actual bubble league at one site versus what the plans are right now.
    Personally, I don't think there should be any fans...at least until this calms down more than it has so far... The less possible contact they can bring in, the more likely we are to play an entire season. Minimize everything, no fans, no tailgaiting, no nothing just the players and the minimal number of staff they can get away with on the field. Do as much officiating and coaching as possible from the booth and adjust as much as you can for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

Basically I don't want to be insulting but there is a lot of truth in the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Personally, I don't think there should be any fans...at least until this calms down more than it has so far... The less possible contact they can bring in, the more likely we are to play an entire season. Minimize everything, no fans, no tailgaiting, no nothing just the players and the minimal number of staff they can get away with on the field. Do as much officiating and coaching as possible from the booth and adjust as much as you can for this season.
    Oh I agree Iím just going off of the two teams that have reported so far this week that they are putting up plans to accommodate 20-25% capacity.

Iím pretty sure unless numbers drop in the next two months fans will not be attending.

Basically I don't want to be insulting but there is a lot of truth in the statement.
    I actually agree with you on this one. I donít take offense to it because it is mostly true. I mean after all we do have an entire large state that brags about going the biggest on every aspect of life.

This is possibly the first thing we've agreed on all week. Sensationalism rules king in the USA. Thanks largely in part to 24/7 news media that's always trying to keep their ratings high by finding controversy in everything to drive up their viewership.