Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    "I cannot allow myself to potentially transmit the virus in our communities simply to play the sport that I love. If I am to take risks, I will do it caring for patients."

Wow, what a great and heroic individual. THIS GUY gets it....

I hate the Chefs and their players as much as anyone, but he deserves to be celebrated for this. Obviously different than Pat Tillman, but at the same time, like Tillman he's putting everyone else ahead of himself.

The Marlins (MLB) had 9 players and 2 staff members test positive. Had to cancel their home opener, and are in a wait and see approach. This is what's scary about flying around the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    The Marlins (MLB) had 9 players and 2 staff members test positive. Had to cancel their home opener, and are in a wait and see approach. This is what's scary about flying around the country.
    You beat me to posting this. This is the first warning sign from these other restarts on whether the NFL can play or not. Testing daily and players still got infected.

Will teams just have to forfeit games if half their staff goes on IR for covid for two weeks?

This Marlins situation is a beacon of what to watch for, especially in the NFL, given these two sports are in travel mode vs hub city sports - hockey and basketball. With at least 14 members of the Marlins infected, and now the Phily/Yankees game being cancelled tonight, things are already off to a rocky start. And surprisingly so, given the amount of testing and precautionary measures that should have taken place prior to starting up.

I am now quite concerned about The NFL.

The interesting part for me is seeing how baseball handles this setback, and how effective are the NHL and NBA in concluding their seasons in an isolated format.

Can you imagine players being forced to wear NBC Masks and gloves/MOPP Gear on two hour flights? lol. They think their butts are sore now. Give 'em each a canteen, and a straw. lmao. I bet at least a third of the league would opt out.

I don't think even a surgical mask is going to save you on a plane, but I don't know enough about the science to say for sure. It would probably feel like playing virus roulette, tbh. I guess the HEPA filters on planes remove virtually all contaminants, so it's a matter of being locked in a capsule with someone who has it. That might explain why only 11 people tested positive. This is also assuming they got it on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You beat me to posting this. This is the first warning sign from these other restarts on whether the NFL can play or not. Testing daily and players still got infected.

Will teams just have to forfeit games if half their staff goes on IR for covid for two weeks?
    And the team can't fly back home yet, and if they do get home, how long will they have to be on lockdown? And now the Yankees game is postponed because they were going to occupy the Marlins locker room. Insane. It only took the 1st weekend.

And the team can't fly back home yet, and if they do get home, how long will they have to be on lockdown? And now the Yankees game is postponed because they were going to occupy the Marlins locker room. Insane. It only took the 1st weekend.
    Yep, this is not a good sign for the NFL season... Only chance is if they put the NFL in a bubble which I don't see happening.

I am sure the people working at retail stores like Target and Walmart are very concerned about the dozens of people outside of the NFL controlled employees that players will get exposed to once a week.

How many of the people expressing concern have been going to work 5 times a week and getting exposed to hundreds of people a day since March?

This is why I doubt we'll have an NFL season. If we couldn't control the virus in 5 months, how can we get it under control in 5 weeks?

I view the Marlins situation as a positive. The testing allowed the players to be identified and quarantined and also prevented additional people from getting the virus.
    As these situations happen much can be learned and understood about the virus. The best part is people are right on top of it and they are able to stop the spread. Something that is not happening in most parts of the country right now.
    I believe this is how we fight this virus, we learn to live with it not lockdown forever.
    That said if you think lockdowns are best then stay home.

Look at New Zealand...They were able to get their citizens to take controlling this seriously, they were able to get things so well under control, they have sports with fans, we can't even go one week of sports because people are so stubborn that they think this is about their freedoms...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Look at New Zealand...They were able to get their citizens to take controlling this seriously, they were able to get things so well under control, they have sports with fans, we can't even go one week of sports because people are so stubborn that they think this is about their freedoms...
    1000% correct.

New Zealand is a great example for a country that has no borders, itís an island and a population of 5 million.

Getting 5 million to do something on an island is a lot different than 300 million.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-27-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    New Zealand is a great example for a country that has no borders, it’s an island and a population of 5 million.

Getting 5 million to do something on an island is a lot different than 300 million.
    Not really no... We as a country are divided into these things called states... Had this been handled properly on a state by state basis and people actually follow recommendations instead of making it political and claiming their freedoms are being taken away, we'd be past this already and have sports, but noooooo We gotta stubbornly act like this is just a great big hoax.

I'm a little frustrated with this garbage today if you can't tell...
    Last edited by Freyaka; 07-27-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Not really no... We as a country are divided into these things called states... Had this been handled properly on a state by state basis and people actually follow recommendations instead of making it political and claiming their freedoms are being taken away, we'd be past this already and have sports, but noooooo We gotta stubbornly act like this is just a great big hoax.

I'm a little frustrated with this garbage today if you can't tell...
    Sorry i donít see an island nation of 5 million a fair comparison to a country of over 300 million.
    People travel state to state daily.
    Only states i would compare to New Zealand would be Hawaii and Alaska.

Is their any statistical evidence that people claiming freedom are the only people contracting the virus?
    The virus seems to be effecting people of all ages, races, genders etc.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-27-2020 at 09:42 AM.