Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    I'm curious...please define "unnecessary panic".

Unnecessary, adjective, not needed.

Panic, noun, sudden uncontrollable fear or anxiety, often causing wildly unthinking behavior.
    verb, feel or cause to feel panic.

OR did you mean "all people being over cautious"?
    People not willing to get on with living their lives and swallowing this media rubbish and being too afraid to leave their house. I find it absolutely crazy.

I go back to work on Wednesday and have been out the last few days and because of the good weather places are packed, the government and the media are always surprised but they are so out of touch and don't realise that the majority of people just want to get on with their lives and there will always be risk in the world.

I have seen the stats, if your under 70 and do not have bad health problems then the chances of catching it and going into hospital are around 0.2 / 0.3 per cent, there is more chance of me having a serious can accident or developing other health problems. Bottom line is people are not going to put their lives on hold for such a ridiculously small chance or having problems. There will always be risk in life, even after covid.

People who are vulnerable need to take extra pre-cautions for the rest of the year, but for the vast majority of the population life goes on.

Back to the sport (not the sports going on all over the world right but the NA sports) I believe the NBA just did a round of testing -

302 players were tested, and just 16 came up positive. The commish said that ZERO cases were serious, so basically they have mild to no symptons and will isolate for 14 days.

So thats around 5 per cent, as cases drop over the weeks and months I would imagine that figure will go down to around 2-3 per cent at the most by the time we get to the end of July and the NBA playoffs. So the NBA is in a good place and will go ahead.

If the NFL got to TC and around 2-3 per cent of players tested positive and had to isolate for 14 days then so what. As we get to September that figure will keep going down, as has happened elsewhere in the world.

Anyone using logic, sense, and an ability to keep a balanced perspective can see that there is no way in a million years the NFL season will be delayed

100%!! No way you can just hand out last year's order. I envision a bunch of ping pong balls in an old bingo roller with every teams logo on it and luck of the draw LOL. I'm convinced we will have football to watch it will just be weird with half the fans there for a while

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    100%!! No way you can just hand out last year's order. I envision a bunch of ping pong balls in an old bingo roller with every teams logo on it and luck of the draw LOL. I'm convinced we will have football to watch it will just be weird with half the fans there for a while
    Yíall better sticky this thread if the chiefs end up with the top defensive pick in the draft or even worse trade out of 1 due to Lawrence like Can mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yíall better sticky this thread if the chiefs end up with the top defensive pick in the draft or even worse trade out of 1 due to Lawrence like Can mentioned.
    They would likely remove every team that made the playoffs or have a separate lottery for them. If they did a lottery it would be just like how the nba does theirís.

No draft lottery. Thatís absolutely silly.

Keep it the way it is.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    They would likely remove every team that made the playoffs or have a separate lottery for them. If they did a lottery it would be just like how the nba does theirís.
    Right i mentioned that possibility in one of the posts. But I also mentioned awarding a team like us or the Steelers #1 based on some lottery would be even more unfair than giving the bengals the top pick two years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    People not willing to get on with living their lives and swallowing this media rubbish and being too afraid to leave their house. I find it absolutely crazy.

I go back to work on Wednesday and have been out the last few days and because of the good weather places are packed, the government and the media are always surprised but they are so out of touch and don't realise that the majority of people just want to get on with their lives and there will always be risk in the world.

I have seen the stats, if your under 70 and do not have bad health problems then the chances of catching it and going into hospital are around 0.2 / 0.3 per cent, there is more chance of me having a serious can accident or developing other health problems. Bottom line is people are not going to put their lives on hold for such a ridiculously small chance or having problems. There will always be risk in life, even after covid.

People who are vulnerable need to take extra pre-cautions for the rest of the year, but for the vast majority of the population life goes on.

Back to the sport (not the sports going on all over the world right but the NA sports) I believe the NBA just did a round of testing -

302 players were tested, and just 16 came up positive. The commish said that ZERO cases were serious, so basically they have mild to no symptons and will isolate for 14 days.

So thats around 5 per cent, as cases drop over the weeks and months I would imagine that figure will go down to around 2-3 per cent at the most by the time we get to the end of July and the NBA playoffs. So the NBA is in a good place and will go ahead.

If the NFL got to TC and around 2-3 per cent of players tested positive and had to isolate for 14 days then so what. As we get to September that figure will keep going down, as has happened elsewhere in the world.

Anyone using logic, sense, and an ability to keep a balanced perspective can see that there is no way in a million years the NFL season will be delayed
    Great post! Factual legitimate opinion. Everyone a should read it 3x

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Well, a few things do annoy me with the 'modern' outlook on certain things. One of them is the victim card played far too often, but I won't go into that lol

Another is how doom and gloom certain people are and the willingness to be so afraid that they want to put their life on hold for months on end or completely write off 2020. Its sad and irrational, but I guess these people will always be around.

Regarding the season I guess time will tell. I don't want to keep repeating myself as arguments just end up with people making the same points over and over, so we will see what happens with the NBA and NFL.

Well, yes, but it's worse than that.
    Right now we are seeing young people skew more with severe cases of COVID. And it's not just the problem breathing. As younger people come in, we see them coming in with severe blood clotting and strokes and many have permanent lung damage.

If you are a professional athlete and you know that getting this disease can not only incapacitate you for several weeks, but could permanently scar you physically in a way that prevents you from coming back and playing, would you still be cavalier about the risks?

https://www.wsfa.com/2020/06/10/its-...g-blood-clots/
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    I hope they start on time but not sure how anyone can basically commit to the fact that the NFL will start on time.
    That seems like an unreasonable claim. I did not have to read it 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    No draft lottery. That’s absolutely silly.

Keep it the way it is.
    You know what silly is....giving the same team the #1 pick without any evidence of them deserving it in the second year. How many seasons in a row does the draft order remain exactly the same, after a full season of actual play? Probably never. What bothers me is the fact the a team could overachieve one season and basically be penalized for it, whereas an underachiever could get double benefit.

Draft lottery with weightings gives the weaker teams an advantage but does not guarantee the picks. Not silly.

Well, a few things do annoy me with the 'modern' outlook on certain things. One of them is the victim card played far too often, but I won't go into that lol

Another is how doom and gloom certain people are and the willingness to be so afraid that they want to put their life on hold for months on end or completely write off 2020. Its sad and irrational, but I guess these people will always be around.

Regarding the season I guess time will tell. I don't want to keep repeating myself as arguments just end up with people making the same points over and over, so we will see what happens with the NBA and NFL.
    Mine is all the ads on media. On my music it's like, " did you leave home? Did you accidentally kill someone today?"

Few things. It's putting all the responsibility on me. What about this other person? They left home too! They're not to blame. It's me. I killed them.

Also... This is just media for everyone to consume. Children hear these ads. The mental trauma to these poor kids is going to be great.

Covid -19, 120k dead, maybe another 120k by the end of the year, no big deal.

Its not a problem till you catch it, and can't breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Covid -19, 120k dead, maybe another 120k by the end of the year, no big deal.

Its not a problem till you catch it, and can't breathe.
    Based on what I heard recently, at this rate It will be the 3rd worst killer (this year) behind Cancer and Heart related issues in The US. "No big deal"..............(and I think I know what you mean by those 3 words)

Im in California. Our countys health expert originally expected to see 400-500 hospitalizations each month and did not think masks would stop or slow the spread of covid so did not require them. As of now the county has 56 total hospitalizations and 44 total deaths for the entire pandemic but NOW masks are required......wt? (county population 900k+)

Nothing makes sense except the DOOM and GLOOM from the media and its getting old because people do ZERO research and accept everything they hear as facts.
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 06-27-2020 at 11:58 AM.