Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newton to *Pats

Newton to *Pats

Just announced. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    This was a no brainer, IMO. I'm surprised it took this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Interesting for sure.

I think Newton is/was the best FA option available. Belichick being Belichick, Can could have a real good season if he can stay healthy.

Newton will drive BB crazy.... this is a get your popcorn moment..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

This has to potential to be a highly combustible situation. I fully expect Newton to be benched at some point if he even wins the starting job

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Hell either have an all pro season or get benched several times in the first half of the season and then get released while getting outperformed by a rookie from a D2 school.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Hell either have an all pro season or get benched several times in the first half of the season and then get released while getting outperformed by a rookie from a D2 school.
    I think this is what Cam needed. A fresh start with minimal competition in a professional environment.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    I think this is what Cam needed. A fresh start with minimal competition in a professional environment.
    This is probably as good as it gets for Cam. I don't expect him to star in New England, but he could have some good days, maybe even make some solid contribution. But yes, I sort of expected BB to make a move. Then again, he and the Pats do not turn every fallen race horse around around.

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I thought Jarrett Stidham was supposed to be New England's answer at QB with Brian Hoyer as the backup. Now, in addition to Brian Lewerke and J'Mar Smith, they add Cam Newton. Okaaay ...
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Yea I am READY!

Cam needs to mature as a man and a player imo. I knew we were going to win SB50 because of Cam and his tenancy to be soft. Cam needs to take BB's hard lessons and grow.

On the flip side BB needs to realize what makes Cam special is his unorthodox play. I do not think a Cam that is 100% conforming to all the rigid McD offense is going to win games. If BB comes down hard and does not allow Cam to be Cam...will Cam be able to feel it on game day and light up the offense? Honestly I think BB needs to grow more than Cam to make this work. BB needs to learn the balance of helping a guy grow into his full potential yet still allowing that guy to be himself.

Personally I think the combo of BB+McD will make this whole thing fail but I am hoping it is entertaining and willing to be wrong.

I don't think Cam will ever start a down and they did this as a low cost way to get the spotlight off getting fined and docked draft picks again.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I don't think Cam will ever start a down and they did this as a low cost way to get the spotlight off getting fined and docked draft picks again.
    Could be. Cam has never defeated the Broncos. Not in Carolina, Denver or a neutral site. When Brady left the Pats, he was 8-9 against Denver, I believe. Stidham, Hoyer, Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    He might...if their starting QB goes down.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016