Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 173
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,261
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Clue me in on why the Pats lost a 3rd round pick and were fined $1.1 mil?
    Because someone working for the team...but without their knowledge or permission, of course...and without knowledge of the rules...illegally filmed another Team...

    Bu the Pats knew nothing of this...

    But took the the fine anyways...

    Because they are good guys..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    881
    Unless new information surfaces, I’ll always believe “deflategate” was a complete witch hunt and that facts were disregarded in favor of justice for past Patriot transgressions. I also think the claims of locker room bugging is whining, coupled with covering for visiting team failures.


    This most recent filming Incident is IMO completely different - particularly given “Spygate I”. NE deserved this punishment and probably more.

    With that said, the calls of “cheaters” - while valid - rings pretty hollow coming from fans who refuse to acknowledge their own team’s transgressions. It shows a particular lack of self awareness calling out TB12 for always explaining away the Pats misdeeds while many of you have done the same about past Denver misdeeds.

    Anyway, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I’m going to cook some lobster and grill some steaks.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    10,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    Unless new information surfaces, I’ll always believe “deflategate” was a complete witch hunt and that facts were disregarded in favor of justice for past Patriot transgressions. I also think the claims of locker room bugging is whining, coupled with covering for visiting team failures.


    This most recent filming Incident is IMO completely different - particularly given “Spygate I”. NE deserved this punishment and probably more.

    With that said, the calls of “cheaters” - while valid - rings pretty hollow coming from fans who refuse to acknowledge their own team’s transgressions. It shows a particular lack of self awareness calling out TB12 for always explaining away the Pats misdeeds while many of you have done the same about past Denver misdeeds.

    Anyway, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I’m going to cook some lobster and grill some steaks.
    Deflategate was t about the crime it was about the cover up!

    You think Denver won Superbowl’s because TD and Elway gave the team a loan the believe what you want. The Broncos broke the rules, but Elway and TD counting against the cap but not getting paid to a later date didn’t make them any better vs Gren Bay or Atlanta in the Super Bowl.


    The Patriots knowing their opponents plays because they taped their signals in my opinion is an advantage.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Last thing I'll say on the matter, I'm clearly over here having fun... lighten up Francis… this is smack is it not?
    ...lighten up Francis…

    Is that the Warren Oats quote from the Bill Murray movie "Stripes"?
    Utah Bronco Freak

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Deflategate was t about the crime it was about the cover up!

    You think Denver won Superbowl’s because TD and Elway gave the team a loan the believe what you want. The Broncos broke the rules, but Elway and TD counting against the cap but not getting paid to a later date didn’t make them any better vs Gren Bay or Atlanta in the Super Bowl.


    The Patriots knowing their opponents plays because they taped their signals in my opinion is an advantage.
    Perhaps Deflategate shows a lack of self awareness on my side, but I believe it when 30+ scientists sign their name to a legal document saying science explains why the footballs were deflated. I’ll always believe it was created by Roger Goodell.

    I also appreciate your right to believe Denver’s payroll Issues didn’t assist them in winning a SB. But, there are plenty of people that do/did.

    Opposing fans are entitled to think the Pats have cheated their way to 2 decades of dominance. I’m guessing people will think the same of the next team to replicate that success.

    I’d offer that Broncos’ fans should consider themselves lucky that their salary and Vaseline incidents didn’t happen during the current days of social media.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    ...lighten up Francis…

    Is that the Warren Oats quote from the Bill Murray movie "Stripes"?




  7. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    Perhaps Deflategate shows a lack of self awareness on my side, but I believe it when 30+ scientists sign their name to a legal document saying science explains why the footballs were deflated. I’ll always believe it was created by Roger Goodell.

    I also appreciate your right to believe Denver’s payroll Issues didn’t assist them in winning a SB. But, there are plenty of people that do/did.

    Opposing fans are entitled to think the Pats have cheated their way to 2 decades of dominance. I’m guessing people will think the same of the next team to replicate that success.

    I’d offer that Broncos’ fans should consider themselves lucky that their salary and Vaseline incidents didn’t happen during the current days of social media.
    those were isolated infractions created by bean-counters in accounting. The team was not able to create more cap space illegally, the team was not able to sign star players because of the actions. Other than receiving immediate relief on cashflow issues directly related to the financing of the new stadium, nothing was gained---certainly not a competitive advantage gained via videotaping another team's signals or practices....nor was there a blatant breach of any NFL rule having to do with the competitive nature of the game like we saw in "DeflateGate."
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    those were isolated infractions created by bean-counters in accounting. The team was not able to create more cap space illegally, the team was not able to sign star players because of the actions. Other than receiving immediate relief on cashflow issues directly related to the financing of the new stadium, nothing was gained---certainly not a competitive advantage gained via videotaping another team's signals or practices....nor was there a blatant breach of any NFL rule having to do with the competitive nature of the game like we saw in "DeflateGate."
    You serve as exhibit A for my argument. If I remember correctly, Denver was sanctioned for 2 x 3rd round draft picks and almost $2 million. I get why you want to downplay those penalties, but many opposing fans probably consider them as clear examples of how Denver won 2x SB’s. When you consider the time difference, Denver’s penalties would indicate significant transgressions compared to the Pats.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,810
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    ...lighten up Francis…

    Is that the Warren Oats quote from the Bill Murray movie "Stripes"?

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    You serve as exhibit A for my argument. If I remember correctly, Denver was sanctioned for 2 x 3rd round draft picks and almost $2 million. I get why you want to downplay those penalties, but many opposing fans probably consider them as clear examples of how Denver won 2x SB’s. When you consider the time difference, Denver’s penalties would indicate significant transgressions compared to the Pats.
    3 differences...

    1) no competitive advantage in the field for the Broncos
    2) they owned up, and cooperated fully, including firing people.
    3) the owner and coaches were not involved.

    So were the Broncos cheaters? No. Did they break league rules regarding player payment? Yes, members of the organization did, unbeknownst to Pat Bowlen and Mike Shanahan. And then those employees got canned. Connecting Spygate1/deflategate/spygate2 to the Broncos cap issues is as ridiculous as it comes.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    You serve as exhibit A for my argument. If I remember correctly, Denver was sanctioned for 2 x 3rd round draft picks and almost $2 million. I get why you want to downplay those penalties, but many opposing fans probably consider them as clear examples of how Denver won 2x SB’s. When you consider the time difference, Denver’s penalties would indicate significant transgressions compared to the Pats.
    Maine, don't bother. Most of these yahoos have nothing more than HS degrees and think their opinion on something actually matters. Either they are just trolling us or they are just really stupid.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 07-04-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Tommy, spin it however you want, your team cheated, AGAIN and got caught for it AGAIN. It's ANOTHER black eye on your organization which has had more black eyes than most hockey teams after a night of fighting.

    You can paint it as pretty as you'd like, but this is more proof that your team will cheat at any expense possible and is good at finding ways to minimize punishment by denying responsibility...

    Your team is a bunch of shady cheats who wouldn't know how to play fair if provided with a handbook and weeks to study.
    Do you understand the difference between negligence and intent? Yes. the Pats were negligent. No, they did not have intent. A simple analogy for you Broncos fans. If someone drives a car and accidentally hits and kills a pedestrian, he is guilty of involuntary manslaughter. No intent to kill whatsoever. It was an accident. On the other hand, if someone had the intent to run over another individual with his car it's murder. The punishment for involuntary manslaughter would be a lot less than it would be for murder. Hence, why Goodell only took a 3rd rounder away this time. I hope that clears things up.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 07-04-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Clue me in on why the Pats lost a 3rd round pick and were fined $1.1 mil?
    Um, because the league takes into account history when assessing penalties.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Do you understand the difference between negligence and intent? Yes. the Pats were negligent. No, they did not have intent. A simple analogy for you Broncos fans. If someone drives a car and accidentally hits and kills a pedestrian, he is guilty of involuntary manslaughter. No intent to kill whatsoever. It was an accident. On the other hand, if someone had the intent to run over another individual with his car it's murder. The punishment for involuntary manslaughter would be a lot less than it would be for murder. Hence, why Goodell only took a 3rd rounder away this time. I hope that clears things up.
    Look, no one buys that there wasn't an intent. We aren't stupid man... You can act dumb and claim they didn't know about it but COME ON MAN, this is their MO, been their MO for years and we all know it...

    You wanna support them, fine, whatever, but don't think that any of us are dumb enough to buy the manure you're selling.


  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    10,031
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Um, because the league takes into account history when assessing penalties.
    History of what

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •