Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Haha, nice spin, bud.

Loosing a late round draft pick, I'd agree with you a little but a mid pick or higher is not a definition of "didn't think it was a bad violation."
    This will be the fourth violation that has cost Belichick a draft pick. Twice for deflating footballs (2016, 20107) and now twice for video taping (2008, 2019)

Are we seeing a trend?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    It was a 2nd time violation. Otherwise, it would have been a lower pick. The violation itself wasn't as egregious. Little chance the league would have not punished Belichick if they thought the orders came from him. Sorry.
    Lets assume the act itself was not so egregious, fine - but the second time? As in, the first time it was done wasn't enough to change policy and procedures? The fact it is the second occurrence make it bad.

Face it, you are repeat offenders.

Time for the NFL to put the Patriots on probation. I want to see ankle monitors on everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I like the way the Patriots play football, I just don't like them. They are habitual cheaters and are poor sports. Actually, calling them poor sports is kind of incorrect because I don't see much sign of any sportsmanship east of the Hudson.

If someone loves a particular sport and ends up playing competitively, opponents are needed otherwise one can't play. One must respect one's opponents for without them, there is no game. Win or lose, showing good sportsmanship means shaking hands and not talking trash. From the top of the Pats' organization all the way down to their wretched fans, they habitually show poor sportsmanship even more often than they cheat.

That is why, outside of New England, the Pats are the most hated team in the NFL. The Raiders have more fans spread around the country than the Pats.

The Pats owner probably belongs in prison. Their HC is a poor sport, especially when he loses. Brady walked off the field plenty of times after losing without shaking hands. The players talk trash on the field with impunity. Pats fans are by far the most obnoxious, hated in the country because they have absolutely zero concept of sportsmanship. It doesn't matter if they win or lose, their abysmal demonstration of proper decorum in a sporting atmosphere is non-existent.
    I provided this story before, but here's another visit. Larry Csonka talking about the great Don Shula....

Csonka has never minced words or bit his tongue so is it a surprise that in his social media farewell that he makes it a point to express the fact that what Shula accomplished he did so within the constructs of the league rules? Of course not, he knew exactly what he was doing and in the process made sure that everyone knew that what Bill Belichick has done in New England has been done with black marks and cheating.

There have been stories through the decades but one stands truer than others. The Dolphins were visiting the Raiders when an assistant walked into Shulaís office with the Raiders game plan for Sundayís game. A player had left in the locker room. Shula told the coach to throw it away that they donít win by cheating. Miami lost the following day.

Two completely different acts....one all class, the other, well, cheater pretty much covers it.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I provided this story before, but here's another visit. Larry Csonka talking about the great Don Shula....

Csonka has never minced words or bit his tongue so is it a surprise that in his social media farewell that he makes it a point to express the fact that what Shula accomplished he did so within the constructs of the league rules? Of course not, he knew exactly what he was doing and in the process made sure that everyone knew that what Bill Belichick has done in New England has been done with black marks and cheating.

There have been stories through the decades but one stands truer than others. The Dolphins were visiting the Raiders when an assistant walked into Shula’s office with the Raiders game plan for Sunday’s game. A player had left in the locker room. Shula told the coach to throw it away that they don’t win by cheating. Miami lost the following day.

Two completely different acts....one all class, the other, well, cheater pretty much covers it.
    Sure, they've tapped/jammed field phones, had false fire alarms at the hotels of visiting teams the night before the games, stolen playbooks/gameplans, etc. They are tireless in seeking advantage no matter how questionable or unsportsmanlike it may be. They have been caught a few times, but that is probably just the tip of a very large iceberg of dirty tricks. It may explain their home field advantage.

That is why, in spite of his success, I don't think Bill Belichick can ever be considered as a peer with the greatest AFL/NFL head coaches. He was a protege of Bill Parcells and, as far as I know, Parcells didn't cheat. So, where does it come from? Years ago I read Football Scouting Methods by Steve Belichick. Then I got a clue that Bill was a chip off the old block in a much bigger way than anyone may realize.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    This will be the fourth violation that has cost Belichick a draft pick. Twice for deflating footballs (2016, 20107) and now twice for video taping (2008, 2019)

Are we seeing a trend?
    Twice for deflating footballs? More like 3 violations. First time, it was his fault. Second time, it was allegedly Brady. Third time, it was the social media/production team. Face it, you know if Belichick were involved he would have been suspended for a whole year.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Overall, maybe not, but recently 7-3. Belichick owns you.
    Overall is far more important than a brief snapshot during a period where we as a team were rebuilding. Lets see how well this year does for you...

Twice for deflating footballs? More like 3 violations. First time, it was his fault. Second time, it was allegedly Brady. Third time, it was the social media/production team. Face it, you know if Belichick were involved he would have been suspended for a whole year.
    Tammy...do we have to go through this yet again? You know, how we own your team....and for that matter, your new team in Tampa. I almost have the stats memorized. Broncos have owned your team since the beginning, in regular season and the playoffs. And remember that other comparison, where we have been a winning team in almost every decade whereas outside of the last 2 decades, you suck. Long term is waht makes you great, not 2 decades.

BTW....you cheat.

One more thing....you are wasting your time trying to debate this group of fans. They can make you look pretty bad and without much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Sure, they've tapped/jammed field phones, had false fire alarms at the hotels of visiting teams the night before the games, stolen playbooks/gameplans, etc. They are tireless in seeking advantage no matter how questionable or unsportsmanlike it may be. They have been caught a few times, but that is probably just the tip of a very large iceberg of dirty tricks. It may explain their home field advantage.

That is why, in spite of his success, I don't think Bill Belichick can ever be considered as a peer with the greatest AFL/NFL head coaches. He was a protege of Bill Parcells and, as far as I know, Parcells didn't cheat. So, where does it come from? Years ago I read Football Scouting Methods by Steve Belichick. Then I got a clue that Bill was a chip off the old block in a much bigger way than anyone may realize.
    I've been a Laker fan since the late 60's and the BS the Boston fans and organization has done over the years.is well documented for some things and heavily suspected on others. Multiple interviews of past players and coaches have some not so subtle accusations of all kinds of things.

Same issues with fans messing with Laker players including concerns when ordering food over the years. Stealing playbooks or watching practices is well known. All the way back to West and Chamberlain through the 80's match ups they used to turn up the heat in the locker room and break the thermostats and/or turn off the water to the showers on a yearly basis.

Bush league crap that is somehow glorified by the Boston fans. TommyBrady fits right in with his attitude and denial of "cheating" or unsportsman-like behavior. I won't even start on the crap NHL players have dealt with over the years.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 07-01-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Name me one successful person in life who hasn't failed at anything...
    Right after you name me a Qb McDaniels has had success with not named Brady

It was a 2nd time violation. Otherwise, it would have been a lower pick. The violation itself wasn't as egregious. Little chance the league would have not punished Belichick if they thought the orders came from him. Sorry.
    At least you guys got the win against Cincinnati!!!! Your team gave up a 3rd rd for a win vs Cincinnati......lol 😂

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    At least you guys got the win against Cincinnati!!!! Your team gave up a 3rd rd for a win vs Cincinnati......lol 😂
    Hahaha nice! Stomp that troll while heís down. The patriots are guilty as hell and he knows it but acceptance isnít in his vocabulary I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Shows how clueless you are. The video the production team took was confiscated early in the game. But you are clueless about a lot of things.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Honestly, it's weak man... find better material. It was old a year ago... Be better and find some new smack.
    Sure Frey but just realize that your crabby attitude and attempts to micro manage others in here has been really old for some time as well!

Be better and find some positives and stop with the micro management!

Shows how clueless you are. The video the production team took was confiscated early in the game. But you are clueless about a lot of things.
    Do you know this for a fact or are you just repeating another crap beat writers article?

Seems you are the one who is clueless more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sure Frey but just realize that your crabby attitude and attempts to micro manage others in here has been really old for some time as well!

Be better and find some positives and stop with the micro management!
    I'm just saying, planet ass? That sounds like something juvenile my 14 year old would come up, repeating it all the time doesn't make it clever... You can be clever, that isn't it, be better man... You're making the rest of us look bad...

Sorry you think I'm crabby... sounds like more of a you problem though since I'm actually a pretty cheery guy.

Oh and additionally, I don't think "micro managing" is the word you are looking for. I'm not your manager, I have no control, just a guy on a message board making a suggestion (same suggestion a mod made by the way)

micromanage
    "to manage or control with excessive attention to minor details."

Now, since I've talked to you or really anyone maybe once in months (Or probably more accurately, the entire year) and barely ever do much of anything around here there is nothing excessive, I've made one suggestion to you... so maybe read a dictionary or thesaurus to help you find the appropriate word next time. Cheers!
    Last edited by Freyaka; 07-02-2020 at 01:58 PM.