• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Champ>NFL
    All-Pro
    • Mar 2005

CHJ, “Broncos schedule not up to par”

I want to start this thread by stating this is NOT a CHJ bashing thread. He was one of my favorite Broncos and is still one of my favorite players in the NFL.

If you disagree with his assessment fine, but don’t make this about how we’re going to burn him next year 🙄.

I would also like to preface this with I don’t think he meant any Ill will.

With that being said during his interview on Collin Cowherd today he said, “I don’t think the schedule was up to par to get a real test.”

Many of us here have great expectations going into next year based off of those last 5 games Lock started.

How do you guys feel about a player that was so close to the organization basically saying Lock didn’t play anyone?

Also kind of funny he accidentally shaded the Chargers because Lock played them during that stretch.

Here’s the video. The Lock part starts at 1:40
    Los Angeles Chargers CB Chris Harris Jr. joins Colin Cowherd on today's show. Hear how Chris thinks the Tyrod Taylor-Justin Herbert QB competition will play ...
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post
  • samparnell
    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
    • Nov 2007

Some football players and coaches should study diplomacy.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Champ>NFL
      All-Pro
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Some football players and coaches should study diplomacy.
      How wasn’t he diplomatic?
      -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• samparnell
        Soy Capitan Meshpoint
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
        How wasn’t he diplomatic?
        Providing bulletin board material and/or stirring up current and former teammates doesn't usually fit the definition of being diplomatic.

Comment

• lvbronx
          Old School
          • Jul 2005

Of the four wins one was against Houston at Houston and another was against the Chargers. So since CHJ said our schedule wasn't "up to par" and the Chargers were on our schedule and we beat them, doesn't this mean CHJ doesn't think the Chargers are "up to par"?

Comment

• samparnell
            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
            Of the four wins one was against Houston at Houston and another was against the Chargers. So since CHJ said our schedule wasn't "up to par" and the Chargers were on our schedule and we beat them, doesn't this mean CHJ doesn't think the Chargers are "up to par"?
            Yes.

10 char.

Comment

• DenverBlood
              Football Immortal
              • Nov 2005

He isn’t exactly wrong though.
              sigpic

Comment

• Champ>NFL
                All-Pro
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                Houston didn’t have a great passing defense. Was Watt playing? I don’t think he was.
                -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

• DenverBlood
                  Football Immortal
                  • Nov 2005

Houston didn’t have a great passing defense. Was Watt playing? I don’t think he was.
                  It was rated like 29th in the league and no he wasn’t. The playoff game against KC I believe was his first game back.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Champ>NFL
                    All-Pro
                    • Mar 2005

Maybe it wasn’t all about the money? Maybe CHJ thought he had a better chance to win in SD
                    -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                      Super Moderator
                      • Dec 2008

Maybe it wasn’t all about the money? Maybe CHJ thought he had a better chance to win in SD
                      In that case he's wrong. Harris complained several times the last few years about playing zone defense, and it was blamed for his issues. Meanwhile he goes and signs with the team that plays zone the most in the NFL? The Chargers are a base cover 3 defense, and Bradley is notorious for not wanting to change out of his zone coverages, which was highlighted big time during the playoff game in New England, he kept calling zone coverages, Brady continued to tear it apart.

So whether Harris is playing outside or in the slot with the Chargers is immaterial, at the end of the day he'll be doing a zone drop the majority of the time.

I'm positive he signed with the Chargers hoping to get revenge on Denver twice, but I think part way through the season Harris will be mad that he's playing so much zone, and the Chargers will wonder why they spent so much on a third corner who will be playing the flats rather than locking up on someone. I think he's with another team a year from now.

As for what he said, I didn't listen, nor do I care. He's no longer a Bronco, and I don't particularly care about his opinion on what's going on in Denver now. Maybe I'll want to hear his opinion leading up to November 22nd or December 27th.

Comment

• broncolee
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2007

I don’t think anything he said amounts to bulletin board material.

I’m not a Chris Harris fan, but I think he did okay talking about Lock.
                        Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Champ>NFL
                          All-Pro
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          In that case he's wrong. Harris complained several times the last few years about playing zone defense, and it was blamed for his issues. Meanwhile he goes and signs with the team that plays zone the most in the NFL? The Chargers are a base cover 3 defense, and Bradley is notorious for not wanting to change out of his zone coverages, which was highlighted big time during the playoff game in New England, he kept calling zone coverages, Brady continued to tear it apart.

So whether Harris is playing outside or in the slot with the Chargers is immaterial, at the end of the day he'll be doing a zone drop the majority of the time.

I'm positive he signed with the Chargers hoping to get revenge on Denver twice, but I think part way through the season Harris will be mad that he's playing so much zone, and the Chargers will wonder why they spent so much on a third corner who will be playing the flats rather than locking up on someone. I think he's with another team a year from now.

As for what he said, I didn't listen, nor do I care. He's no longer a Bronco, and I don't particularly care about his opinion on what's going on in Denver now. Maybe I'll want to hear his opinion leading up to November 22nd or December 27th.
                          I love to hear honest opinions from professionals that are experts in their field, but hey I love football
                          -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

• Champ>NFL
                            All-Pro
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                            I don’t think anything he said amounts to bulletin board material.

I’m not a Chris Harris fan, but I think he did okay talking about Lock.
                            Not a bit of it does if you watch the interview.

I mean Derek Carr might feel some type of way but not Lock
                            -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

• lvbronx
                              Old School
                              • Jul 2005

Chubb didn't play for us either. My point was we played two playoff teams in those 5 games including the Super Bowl champs. Of the 3 other teams, one was the Chargers, the team CHJ now plays for.

Comment

Working...
                              X