Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I'm a big Lock fan, but after that I don't see any depth at all. I don't see anything in Driskel that makes me feel he shouldn't be one of the lowest rated backup QB in the NFL. I think Sloter has better "credentials" than Driskel. IMO it's pretty obvious our front office doesn't want to have any QB controversy at all. But if Lock misses games for any reason I have zero confidence in Driskel to be able to win games other than in a surprise QB run offense, until the Ds saw it one time. I think this year more than any other in history needs to consider backups at all positions.
    Seriously? What credentials does Sloter have? He's never appeared in a regular season NFL game and currently doesn't have a team, and since it's a week before camps are supposed to open (fingers crossed) which isn't a good sign for a QB that wants to continue his NFL career. Meanwhile Driskel has appeared in and started NFL games. Oh and both were on the Lions last year and they used Driskel over Sloter, so wouldn't that indicate that Driskel's credentials are better than Sloter's?

Now that's not to say Driskel is a good or even average backup QB, but if Denver's going to upgrade that position they should look to do better than a QB who appears to be out of the league without ever taking a snap in a regular season game.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Seriously? What credentials does Sloter have? He's never appeared in a regular season NFL game and currently doesn't have a team, and since it's a week before camps are supposed to open (fingers crossed) which isn't a good sign for a QB that wants to continue his NFL career. Meanwhile Driskel has appeared in and started NFL games. Oh and both were on the Lions last year and they used Driskel over Sloter, so wouldn't that indicate that Driskel's credentials are better than Sloter's?

Now that's not to say Driskel is a good or even average backup QB, but if Denver's going to upgrade that position they should look to do better than a QB who appears to be out of the league without ever taking a snap in a regular season game.
    Did you notice I put "credentials" in quotes? Sloter has none. Driskel is 1-7 as a starter including 0-3 last year You left that part out. Just because someone did something doesn't mean they did it well enough to get any "credit". I have a feeling Sloter could have gone 0-3 too.

Plus it's slow around here and I knew the word "sloter" would bring some activity.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I'm a big Lock fan, but after that I don't see any depth at all. I don't see anything in Driskel that makes me feel he shouldn't be one of the lowest rated backup QB in the NFL. I think Sloter has better "credentials" than Driskel. IMO it's pretty obvious our front office doesn't want to have any QB controversy at all. But if Lock misses games for any reason I have zero confidence in Driskel to be able to win games other than in a surprise QB run offense, until the Ds saw it one time. I think this year more than any other in history needs to consider backups at all positions.
    Depends on what you mean by "credentials". Kyle Sloter has zero starts, zero appearances and no stats in NFL regular season games. FWIW Jef Driskell has eight starts (1-7) Sloter is currently a free agent, so he's available We shall see how it goes.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    wait...what?
    What??

Do you really believe that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have the mobility and arm talent of ex. Aaron Rodgers, or that they are even in the same league as Elway/Marino was or Cutler for that matter?

Neither Tom Brady, Peyton Manning nor Drew Brees were physically more than mediocre QBs in their prime, and PM when he played for us was far from the throwing ability he had before.

What made them all elite is between the ears!