• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • broncoslover115
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2012

Quarterback Rooms

day 03:46 PM
    I haven’t posted in a long while (health issues) but today the Boston sports media was ranking the best QB rooms in the NFL.

Greg Batard, a long time Boston sports writer said that “with the Pats signing of Cam Newton, they have the best QB rooms in the NFL.

The sports show then proceeded to rank each teams QB situation/room against their own.

They ranked Denver as having a complete “garbage” QB room.” They suck.” “They are complete trash.” “They’ve got nothin.”

Needless to say I was a little offended but to be honest, I don’t know what’s going on with Drew or our QB room.

So, can I pose this question to you all? Is our QB situation on a good note or is it as horrible as those pesky Pat fans like to paint us?
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 07-01-2020, 03:54 PM.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware
  • samparnell
    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I haven’t posted in a long while (health issues) but today the Boston sports media was ranking the best QB rooms in the NFL.

Greg Batard, a long time Boston sports writer said that “with the Pats signing of Cam Newton, they have the best QB rooms in the NFL.

The sports show then proceeded to rank each teams QB situation/room against their own.

They ranked Denver as having a complete “garbage” QB room.” They suck.” “They are complete trash.” “They’ve got nothin.”

Needless to say I was a little offended but to be honest, I don’t know what’s going on with Drew or our QB room.

So, can I pose this question to you all? Is our QB situation on a good note or is it as horrible as those pesky Pat fans like to paint us?
    Pats fans live in an alternate universe.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Butler By'Note
      Super Moderator
      • Dec 2008

The Boston media is notorious for their love of everything Patriots. I'm sure they believe that Stidham is a sure fire hall of fame QB who would start for 31 other teams but is benched because he's behind one of the all-time great QBs the NFL has ever seen, Cam Newton.

Just to put it in perspective, how many of the Patriots backup QBs have the Boston media talked up to starters with almost every other team but on the bench because they're behind Brady? Stidham, Garropolo, Brissett, Mallett, Hoyer, O'Connell, Gutierrez and Cassel.

Everyone of those QBs was talked up by Boston media, and it was assumed that all would bring back first round picks (multiple) because of how good they all were, but stuck behind Brady.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
        Football Immortal
        • Jun 2007

Behind Lock we don’t have any world beaters but Lock looked the part last season and he’s been working hard this offseason. Hey one mans trash is another mans treasure.

As far as the Pats go, Cam is just all name and no substance. Adding him only marginally improved their group of QBs if at all.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
          Football Immortal
          • May 2010

I believe in lock. But they are unproven till he proves other wise
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Hadez
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2004

In the last 19 years the Pats have been in half the Super Bowls. Four teams (Denver twice) have knocked them out of the AFC side of the playoffs in the last nine years.

Yea this leads to fans who think nothing can stop the Pats....not even Cam. After he fails to dive for a fumble or allows doubt to creep into his mind and affect his play like it has been since his NFL career started than Pats fans will realize how special Brady was.

I am not sure if BB will be able to adjust to Cam or if Cam will be able to adjust to BB. This match may not work.
            What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
            effort x talent = skill
            effort x skill = achievement
            How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Freyaka
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post

I would take what pats fans have to say with a truckload of salt (or just ignore them completely because they know very little about actual football)

We could use some depth, but garbage? No, not at all. We're lightyears ahead of where we've been every year since 2015
              sigpic

Comment

• jazzbodog
                Football Immortal
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Pats fans live in an alternate universe.
                I'm surprised the Boston media isn't claiming Stidham will be a Brady-like QB for many years. They're full of you know what when they claim the Broncos QB situation is garbage. Lame.

And I can't believe Tampa2TeamTommy12 isn't chiming in yet. Maybe he got sick.
                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• samparnell
                  Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                  I'm surprised the Boston media isn't claiming Stidham will be a Brady-like QB for many years. They're full of you know what when they claim the Broncos QB situation is garbage. Lame.

Need to see some games. Don't know if and when that will happen. I'm interested in what happens on the field as reflected on the scoreboard. Sports without sportsmanship is meaningless. Talk is cheap.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                    Captain
                    • Aug 2008

It remains to be seen. We likely won't have a clear idea of the room's quality until at least halfway through the season. I expect good things from Lock, so I'm not all that worried.

Comment

• BroncoFanDK
                      All-Pro
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      In the last 19 years the Pats have been in half the Super Bowls. Four teams (Denver twice) have knocked them out of the AFC side of the playoffs in the last nine years.

Yea this leads to fans who think nothing can stop the Pats....not even Cam. After he fails to dive for a fumble or allows doubt to creep into his mind and affect his play like it has been since his NFL career started than Pats fans will realize how special Brady was.

I am not sure if BB will be able to adjust to Cam or if Cam will be able to adjust to BB. This match may not work.
                      I think there is a very good chance that Josh McDaniels will have Cam play efficient and good football. When that is being said - I have never liked Cam and always seen him as overrated. Unlike the Brady, Manning, Brees... who didn't have elite skills but excels between the ears, Cam seems to be the opposite.

I don't think that we need to worry too much about what other fanbases think - the interesting thing is what level Lock can perform at once defenses know how to take away what he does well. The Chiefs have their revenge for the years Elway tormented them, but our way to any succes has to be to win the division, and I belive that Mahomes is a lot more speciel than Cam will be even with the skills of the NE coaching.

Comment

• Spice 1
                        Football Immortal
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

The rubber always meets the road in the clutch or when you have to throw the ball. Brady? Yep. Garoppolo? Nope. Newton? Nope. Stidham? Doubt it, but we'll see. I have absolutely no doubt that BB can win games with Stidham, and Newton in either a supplementary role or replacing Stidham for sucking. Look at Brady's stats last season. He wasn't good. The one thing he gave NE last year was ball security. They won a lot of games. I guarantee you they can win games with Newton in there running the stuff they had success with in Carolina. The wheels might fall off, but they can always go back to Stidham. Back when Brady was suspended for cheating, McDaniels had Garoppolo and Brissett throwing the ball 28.5 times a game, and neither of them threw an interception. They went 3-1. They can win games with Newton and Stidham being ultra conservative. Point is, just because you win games, doesn't mean you have great quarterbacks. And who cares how good your backup is, anyway.

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

Took a peek at The Pats forum (which might be my second time) and 73% of them have Cam starting, with Stidham at 22%. Just some trivia.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                            Super Moderator
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Took a peek at The Pats forum (which might be my second time) and 73% of them have Cam starting, with Stidham at 22%. Just some trivia.
                            I'd say there's a 50% chance he's the starter, and a 50% chance he's released after camp, or preseason, if that happens this year. I don't think he has any chance of staying on the team as anything other than the starter.

It's a typical Pats move to take a flyer on an aging vet, they get a lot of credit from the media when it works out, but the media rarely mentions it again when it doesn't, and it seems like more often than not, the players don't end up working out.

Comment

• WYBRONCO
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2016

Obviously 4 games does not make a QB. However, trash is a little harsh. A lot of prominent sports people are excited with Drew Lock and the weapons he has this year. If Lock goes down, we might check the waiver wires, so the depth is suspect right now. Driskel has started more games than Stidham.

I do think Stidham could be a quality player, I actually would have been okay with Denver taking him in the 4th rd had they not taken Lock in the 2nd rd.

Comment

Working...
                              X