Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    The whole problem with today’s internet world...with everything being online, and you can give opinions instantly and anonymously ...we have created a generation of critics, not leaders,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    The whole problem with today’s internet world...with everything being online, and you can give opinions instantly and anonymously ...we have created a generation of critics, not leaders,
    That is very true.

A lot of keyboard warriors enjoy the drama of being negative, criticising, and shouting down people whether they actually care about the subject or not. Its known as a 'mob mentality'.

Although a phrase I like is 'the twitter majority is the public minority'.

You can read comments from people on twitter about any subject but when you interact with many people, like I do, in the real world you realise that they are very much in the minority. I guess those people like to shout the loudest, as opposed to the silent majority who just go about their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's not the same thing at all...

White face and Black face are 100 percent different. I can't discuss it further because there is no way to touch this discussion without involving politics, but it is two entirely different situations.

In response to the second part... People don't like change, they fight it because its all they've ever known and they are too close to it to see why it's troublesome.

I personally don't care if it bothers the current generation, you'll get over it, all of us will, because when you cut off crap like this, it helps to ensure the next generation doesn't have to deal with it. Just leaving racism in place because it's always been that way prevents progress from ever happening for the sake of keeping the status quo. Things don't progress and get better without someone fighting to change it, there's always someone bucking the change because they don't like it, oh well. Change has to happen. You may not like it or understand it, but it is necessary to progress pass the bitterness that is so deeply engrained in our world.

Most people who think that things like this are happening due to people being "thin skinned" haven't taken the time to actually listen to someone who is negatively impacted by it and understand their pain.

I see a whole lot of racism due to where I am in my life, the people I'm around and I see how it deeply hurts the people I love on more than a "thin skinned" level. There's nothing childish about wanting people to be treated better and with respect.
    I don't see how it can be any different but its not worth going down the wormhole of that debate, I think enough has been spoken about it lately.

I think many people, including myself, would see how the Redskin name can be offensive and have no problem with it being changed. The negative feeling towards it being changed has come from the back of sooooooooo many trivial ridiculous things being reviewed and changed (breakfast cereal, the 'baby its cold outside' song, certain tv programs removed, comedians cancelled).

It just goes too far. I don't mind changing things which are genuinely offensive, but too many people nowadays have a problem with far too many non-issues. It seems as if they enjoy the drama and 'crusade' of change.

I look at those people sometimes, and I know they are in the minority, and just wonder how on earth they have progressed through life to adulthood having so many trivial issues. Some people just make me cry for humanity.

The vocal minority wouldn't have to shout if people would listen to them when they try to reason things out quietly and peacefully. Just because someone's loud, doesn't mean they're wrong. I'll talk to you the same to your face as I would over the internet.

I speak what I mean and stand by it. I do my best to stand up for people on the internet and in person. A lot of people are really quick to dismiss anyone that doesn't meet their preconceived notions without actually taking the time to hear them out, dismissing them before they can even speak up.

I used to be that way, I used to think it was all just "social justice warriors, pc behavior, ect..." It's easy to dismiss something you don't see personally as not being a problem. It's harder when it is in your face and you are living it. The things so quickly dismissed by the "silent majority' aren't just made up fantasies.

Racism is alive and thriving in 2020. It's not just some conspiracy theory a few people made up on the internet for drama.

For a majority of people, they don't have to see it first hand so it is easy to say "oh things aren't that bad, you're being over dramatic" but it is absolutely bad. While it isn't personally directed to me (as a white person) I see it and it makes me really sad to see people have to go through it. So yea, I am really vocal about it, because I don't want people to have to go through it. I can understand the other side of the fence because I was once over there. I don't by any means think any of you are racist (and I don't want it thought that I'm implying it, I'm not) but sometimes it's hard to see from where we sit, that doesn't mean it isn't still prevalent.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 07-11-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I don't see how it can be any different but its not worth going down the wormhole of that debate, I think enough has been spoken about it lately.

I think many people, including myself, would see how the Redskin name can be offensive and have no problem with it being changed. The negative feeling towards it being changed has come from the back of sooooooooo many trivial ridiculous things being reviewed and changed (breakfast cereal, the 'baby its cold outside' song, certain tv programs removed, comedians cancelled).

It just goes too far. I don't mind changing things which are genuinely offensive, but too many people nowadays have a problem with far too many non-issues. It seems as if they enjoy the drama and 'crusade' of change.

I look at those people sometimes, and I know they are in the minority, and just wonder how on earth they have progressed through life to adulthood having so many trivial issues. Some people just make me cry for humanity.
    I mean if you look through history, none of this is new. Every couple of generations, there is major upheaval in what we consider to be offensive, right and wrong. As we mature as a society things that were acceptable previously over time are not.

Just because something has always been viewed as acceptable doesn't mean it actually is. It just means that up until this point people haven't spoken up to stop it, people being silent isn't the same as something being acceptable.

I don't disagree that cancel culture can go to far, it can be a bit ridiculous, but if you can see how the name redskin is offensive, then it doesn't matter if sometimes cancel culture can go to far, in this situation it's right and there is not a reason to fight against change.

Cancel culture is a mess... You've got people trying to cancel Adam Driver every other week and he's the most wholesome dude most of the time. Yes, it crosses a line, but that doesn't also mean that there aren't some things that just get accepted that really shouldn't be accepted in modern society.

Just because their are some zealots who take things much father than they should be taken (there are ALWAYS ZEALOTS on all ends of the spectrum) it doesn't mean that there aren't some valid things like the redskins name that we should take a long hard look and ask "is this really what we want to be as a culture?"

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I don't think your a bad person because of some negging thing, that doesn't matter. You seem like a good person.

I respect your opinions, some I agree with and some I don't. At the end of the day I think that everyone should be treated kindly and with respect, in my life I work with young children (1 and 2 yo's) and try and help them have the best childhood possible and get on really well with the parents, I would hate to think of any of them having to deal with horrible things in life.

I do get tired of all the moaning about many things (not the name change) that I see as trivial and think people should get on with living their life and having fun, we only get one life and spending it moaning is not someone I think is a good way to life it.

Your a top guy, and if everyone treated people with respect and how they wanted to be treated then the world would be a much better place.

Stay safe, stay happy, and keep on truckin' (I just like that phrase )
    Thanks man! We can disagree some, which is fine. It's important to at least take the time to hear each other out and gain an understanding from them, even if we don't see eye to eye.

If we approach things with an open mind, we can learn some new things and grow. I think a lot of why I am as vocal as I am today is because when I moved to the city I currently reside in, I started going to a church that was pretty evenly split between black/white and hispanic.

Listening to them, taking time to understand them, what they go through, how they view things I tend to view as harmless really opened my eyes to see that there is a lot more to a lot of subjects like this than just people getting upset over nothing.

I do absolutely agree with you that there are some things that are just flat out silly, but there are some other things that on the surface seem silly until you dig a little deeper and see the history and why they cause others pain.

I think the most important thing is before you make judgement on things (like this namechange) take the time to see it from the perspective of the people it directly impacts (and if you can manage to sit down and have a conversation with them to hear their side of it, even better)

There are some things that are just stupid and going overboard, but there are somethings that do involve genuine pain that we can't possible understand because it doesn't directly impact us.

Have a good one man, and I hope (as I said in another post) that you get to experience a game in Denver in person. It's a beautiful thing and I think we can all agree on that.

Washington expected to announce name change tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Washington expected to announce name change tomorrow.
    Well... it stood since 1933...to the redskins and welcome to whatever comes next.

Amazing what money will do.

They can't call themselves the Washington Generals unless Harlem has an expansion Globetrotter team. (Google it, young folks )

RedHawks, Condors, RedWolves or Phoenix are my guesses. As long as it's not the Red Foxes.

Stuck with the same name,,,,but go with this logo...problem solved..

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Amazing what money will do.

They can't call themselves the Washington Generals unless Harlem has an expansion Globetrotter team. (Google it, young folks )

RedHawks, Condors, RedWolves or Phoenix are my guesses. As long as it's not the Red Foxes.

I'll take the Red Foxes only if after every touchdown they clutch their hearts and tell Elizabeth they're coming to join her. That would be an awesome TD celebration.

And if the refs blow it, they have to call them Big Dummies.
    Last edited by Bronco51; 07-13-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Washington Red Ryder BB Guns? They're guaranteed a Christmas Day game with this as their logo.

I'll take the Red Foxes only if after every touchdown the clutch their hearts and tell Elizabeth they're coming to join her. That would be an awesome TD celebration.

And if the refs blow it, they have to call them Big Dummies.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

The cynic in me wants to see Dan Snyder troll everyone and have a press conference and say there is indeed a name change.....to the D.C. R*dskins.

The cynic in me wants to see Dan Snyder troll everyone and have a press conference and say there is indeed a name change.....to the D.C. R*dskins.
    I would remain a fan of the Broncos...

But dam would I buy and rep that gear too!